Friday Fun: It's like a Zoo in Here!!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2019

This is the final installment of my 3-week-long Friday Fun where I mostly just ask to see your animals.

Now I want to see any of your pets that are not dogs or cats. Spiders, geckos, axolotls, oh my!

Share anything that is or is not furry and maybe has more than four legs. But of course, other mammals are welcome too! :D 

Show us what you got!

giphy.gif

5 comments

Comment

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2019

I have a few odd ball animals to add on your list
Trapdoor spider not sure the exact species but its something in the family Ctenizidae of the order Araneae:

spider.gif20190209_153637_HDR.jpg

Older well established Ant colony Camponautus sp.:

20190321_082535.jpg

Brand New Ant Colony started a few weeks back, up to 3 workers now and the queen has a good brood pile going, Solenopsis sp.:

20190702_124340_HDR.jpg

Leopard Gecko her name is gnarly :)

20190501_213957.jpg

i've Got several fish tanks and I like to keep nano species (meaning fully grown are <2 in in length) so there are a lot of various little guys in there beyond whats listed below but here are a few of the highlight reel of the oddball and not so common species

neocaridina Cherry shrimps, and bamboo shrimps Atyopsis moluccensis

20190207_000629.jpgIMG_20170910_221624.jpg

gold lyretail killifish Aphyosemion australe: 

IMG_20190508_191745_551.jpg

Gardneri Killies. Fundulopanchax gardneri 

IMG_20180306_215656.jpg

Double Red Apistos, Apistogramma agassizii

IMG_20180921_191023.jpg

Blue Neon Goby, stiphodon atropurpureus:

IMG_20180921_191829.jpg

L200 Green Phantom plecos, Hemiancistrus 

IMG_20180428_150034.jpg

Freshwater Pipefish, Doryichthys boaja:

IMG_20170702_163506.jpg

Like # people like this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2019

What a crazy collection. Thanks for sharing =]

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2019

That is the most unique family of pets I have ever seen!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
July 22, 2019

HI @Jodi LeBlanc ,

Thanks for the comment, and I really love the super oddball species.  There is just something about the outer fringes of taxonomy where hyper specialized animals that fit a super specific niche or have a quirky behavior that makes them different just intrigues be beyond anything else.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Your ant colony must be fascinating to watch! I moved a patio stone a few weeks ago and it exposed a colony with all these eggs and larvae etc. It was incredible rob see them jump into action and within a few minutes they had everything moved into their underground tunnels or somewhere safe. They are tireless workers!

I also visited a bug museum in Victoria a few years back and learned so much about cockroaches, stick bugs, scorpions, millipedes, centipedes, spiders etc Also got to hold them all. Here I am holding a tarantula, which I never thought I could do before that day :)

IMG_2031.JPG

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

I don't have any pets right now, but here's one of my favorite animal pics.  @Chris Lutz and I rode mules to the EL Limon Waterfalls, in the Dominican Republic, in 2013.  And of course, I have my Summit 2013 shirt on.  ;)  Fun day.  

CIMG3765.JPG

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2019

They are so beautiful!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

Hey everyone! 

I have a bunny! His name is Moose! This is him and a comparison to the size of his little brother! He's *nine* years old right now and he was born on Christmas Day. He loves cuddles and kale. 

IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_2622.JPG

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2019

HE'S SO FLUFFY!  I feel like a monty python mention is need as well Charge....... Run Away!!!!!

Like carolyn french likes this
Phil Fang July 9, 2019

thinking of dressing him up in a race horse costume, you can just feel the spitfire spurting out of him

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2019

I often thought of getting a bunny as a furry friend for my dog Max, I am glad to see your dog gets along so well with Moose :) Adorable!

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

Bunny club! Hi to Moose from Silver! Is Moose a Flemish Giant? Silver is an American Blue, a big boy at 9 pounds. He is 7 years young ;)

dill.png

Jens Iwanenko July 10, 2019

We used to have hamsters and bunnies. Currently we share a big scared baby Tinker mix and a megalomaniac Welsh pony with my sister in law. This was their first spring time leg stretch after the ground had finally thawed.

IMG_3208.JPG

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2019

Those horses look so happy - kicking up their heels! :)

Like Jens Iwanenko likes this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2020

I had a gerbil back in college named princess.  Now I just have a Maltese Poodle!

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

The infamous Princess, who you used to make run through mazes....

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events