Friday Fun: It's Cat O'Clock!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

This week's topic is Cat O'Clock! Not only are many of us enthusiasts of Atlassian's products, but we're also cat enthusiasts! 

I'd love to see pictures of your cats! Any kind of cats are welcome. Big ones, small ones, round one, spotty ones, the list goes on!

Let us know your cat's name, how you found each other, what kind of cat they are, how old they are, and what they like to do in their spare time. 

Also, if they were a human, what would their job be?

For those of you who are not cat people, stay tuned for the next two Friday Fun topics, where we will feature dogs and "other". 

skateboardcat.gif

21 comments

Comment

Linette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

My three

80FC737F-970E-4908-ADE1-BA2F5268FC81.jpeg07942662-8F08-40D9-9BC9-216AD2391995.jpeg955BBFBC-C108-43DE-8B6C-10C7148DC55C.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2019

@Linette - Those three are adorable! Is the middle one a trouble maker? I feel like the standing on "Doom" is foreshadowing what happens next ;)

Like Sushant Mongia likes this
Linette
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2019

She likes to think she's doomy, but she can't compete with the bottom one, who is the major peril maker in the household!

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2019

THOSE LITTLE TOES 😍

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2019

I unfortunately don't have anything to contribute this week, one of my little ones doesn't get along with cats, but I'll be sure to post next week!

Sarah A
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2019

Martin with the Martinpillow, Bella in her cave, and Lulu supervising me as I work from home

IMG_20190106_125441.jpgIMG_20190420_151107.jpgIMG_20190502_141134.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 24, 2019

"The Martinpillow" ⚰️

Like Sarah A likes this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2019

bahah what a good pillow

Like Sarah A likes this
Maria P.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 21, 2019

Image from iOS (7).jpg

This is my beauty queen, Simba! She'll be 10 years old in October, but her vet says she looks great for her age ;)

Not only is she a beauty queen, she's also a nap queen and spends the majority of her time lounging and cuddling up to whoever's around. 

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
June 27, 2019

What a gorgeous cat! All of these adorable pictures make me want to get one :)

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2019

My girls, Tansy and Luna ♥️
tansy1.jpgluna1.jpg

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2019

"I can't be bothered to bring my paw in" 😍

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2019

Luna looks really aware and clever.

Sara Dubuque
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2019

My cat fam: Ripley, TK, and Coconut

dubuque_sara_20190220_1214.jpgdubuque_sara_20190220_1216.jpgIMG_20190220_224004_050.jpg

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2019

Aliss.jpg

george.jpgNicAndMorty.jpegRedCat.jpeg

Black Aliss, George, Morticia and Eskarina

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2019

That nose licking one is funny!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2019

And I see what you did in the third photo with the recursive reference to the fourth photo!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2019

We just caught Aliss at the right second for that one.  She was a bit of a window-licker, so it seemed appropriate.

On the two shoulder photos, they were both taken by the same friend as well.  Couldn't believe just how close Morticia got to Esk's original, completely by accident.

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2019

I'm back from vacation, and I'm ready to explode with some photos! 

Meet Cherry - the fat evil beast that tries to kill me in my sleep for more than a decade. If Cherry was a real person.. hmm, I'm almost sure that she will be a CEO for a big company who specializes in firing people.

20160418_175852.jpgIMG_3114.JPG

I'm the only one "blessed" to pet her. Maybe something special is inserted in my genes in her secret lab!

20170129_114537~2.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 24, 2019

GIANT FLOOF.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2019

If your salad is missing a cat hair, it ain't no salad!

Bridget
Community Manager
June 24, 2019

This is my cat, Dorcas! He is posing alongside a pin that my coworker + friend @Laura gave to me :). He is a Sphynx cat, about 3 yrs young, who likes to raise hell in his spare time. He also enjoys knocking things off the counter (the more delicate the glassware, the better). 

If he were a human, he would lead a nudist cult. 

dorcas.png

Like # people like this
Laura
Community Manager
June 24, 2019

<3 Dorcas!!!

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2019

Okay, I may have the fluffiest evil in the world, but I love Sphynx cats more :) He is adorable <3

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

those Sphynx cats give me nightmares! looks like he is reaching into my soul. :-D

Like Darline Auguste likes this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2019

Nudist camp counselor Dorcas, reporting to work 

Laura
Community Manager
June 24, 2019

This is Jef, my chubby partner in crime :) 

When he's not being traumatized by the costumes I get for him, he enjoys eating, hiding in the closet, and meowing at anyone and everyoneIMG_8608.JPG

Like # people like this
Deleted user June 24, 2019

My two girls Mittens and Socks enjoying a sunbeam. Both less than a year old. Seeing them sleeping like this instead of tearing around the house is rare.neko.jpeg

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

Super lucky to join this post (excellent timing, @Shannon S ) as I'm cat sitting for the next 2 weeks!

Meet Herman, the 9 month old rescue kitty, and his ears. He would be that shy coworker in the far cubicle who can sense free food being set out in the break room, and zooms in to grab a few pieces of pizza/ cat nibbles. Then gets distracted by someone's shiny new cell phone/ ribbons before getting back to their safety zone eg cubicle/behind the curtain for the rest of the day until 5pm.

IMG-20190623-WA0038.jpg

He is quite a relaxed kitty all in all, and doesn't mind going for a ride in his backpack.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

I saw a backpack like this once - it was sooooo cute. And the cat looked like really enjoying it :) 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2019

Agreed- both hooman and cat enjoy it. It has a clip inside for the leash/collar, so that the kitty can't easily escape. I think I first saw it in 1bike1world (a great IG account for cat lovers).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

introducing Moonpie. He is just one of the dogs.IMG_3175.JPG

Like # people like this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

Thanks for all the great photos!!

I was previously a dog person but then I inherited a cat.  He was with me for 13 years and now I'm firmly BOTH a cat and dog person.  :)

Have any of you done a cat DNA test?  It might sound silly, but as my cat was getting older, I wanted to find out everything about him that I could.  There are plenty of dog DNA companies out there, but cat DNA testing is rather new. 

I ordered a test, collected the (easy and painless) samples, and waited for the results, which are still evolving.  Even though my precious companion has passed on it's really nice to periodically receive new information about what they've uncovered about him.  I highly recommend https://www.basepaws.com.

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

I never knew that existed. A bit spooky for me

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2019

I love all of your cats!!! I completely didn't share mine, but here they are:

Penny Lane

Penny is between 11-13 years old. I don't know because I've lost track of time. I adopted her as a kitten when I went into a pet store to buy a betta fish and supplies. They had cats there from the nearest shelter and I couldn't just leave this little kitten sleeping in her litter box!

She loves eating everyone else's food, starring at the bathtub and hates her diet.

Screenshot 2019-06-28 at 11.30.18.png

George Catstanza

Formerly a foster of my mother's, she used to call him "a#*$^#@" (censored). He loves eating just the top off of an entire loaf of bread, being rude to Penny, and sleeping near the dogs. I wouldn't trust him with my life.

Screenshot 2019-06-28 at 11.30.05.png

Mexerica

Mexerica came to me on a cold day in October. He was very skinny and hungry. I lived in Delaware, and he came to my sliding glass door. He was playing with George through the glass. I decided to let him in just for the afternoon, and he never left. Now he and George are inseparable. FACT: "Mexerica" is a word they use in Brazil which is a kind of little orange. My Portuguese teacher named him after I told her that he didn't have a name and I was just calling him "Orangey." This is the only time he let us put this bowtie on.

Screenshot 2019-06-28 at 11.29.55.png

Follow their adventures here: https://www.instagram.com/howsaboutmeow/!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2019

Although I don't have a cat, I wanted to post this sweet photo of my parent's cat Darby:

IMG_1612.jpg

Like # people like this
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2019

This is Jilly, I found her when I was camping in a semi-wild environment. She was still a kitten and would prey on the local wildlife (rabbits, lizards, birds). As a result she is a gifted huntress and I am trying to restrain her bloody frenzy as much as I can. She is also curious and very friendly with all living beings - mainly cats, dogs and humans.

Oh, and she likes being fully relaxed when taking a nap.

WP_20180805_003.jpg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2019

The Chief of Couches! :)

Like Antoine Berry likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2019

Ooops, this is my cat :) 

photo5318979742835256021.jpg

Like # people like this
bgo July 26, 2019

Here are Poupoune and Nénette :)

2018-01-14-13h30m25s-113-X22016-04-08-18h12m36s-22-X2

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2019

Love the photos! They are soooo cute :)

Like bgo likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2019

kitten.jpeg

Found her on one of my trekking trips :-)

Like # people like this
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2019

We rescued them from a rather horrible living situation they were in as kittens, and they've been with us ever since (8 years now!) - they love sleeping as cosily as possible, lounging around in the sun and showing their disgust at our new puppy!

If they were human, i think they would both be food critics!

MVIMG_20180101_114614.jpg

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2020

Sandockan must be present here :)

FB_IMG_1509008743361.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events