Friday Fun: If you could have any animal as a pet (real, or imaginary), what would you pick and why?

oranges13 April 29, 2021

Happy Friday everyone!!!

giphy.gif_cid=ecf05e475281e9079cbc5f81085757a2103f5a6a2215a111&rid=giphy

My question is if you could have any animal (real or imaginary) for a pet, what would you choose and why??

My choice is a dragon because they would be loyal, smart, protect my stuff, AND you could use them as a mode of transportation too!

Looking forward to seeing your answers! Happy Friday!!

18 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hmmm, I am thinking a tiger just because I think that would be cool. Not tiger king craziness but just hanging out with the big cat. :-)

Like # people like this
JiraJared
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Toothless from "How to train your Dragon" because it needs me more than I need it!

giphy

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 29, 2021

Absolutely!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

Best answer!

Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 29, 2021

A pet that didn't require me to do anything for it. Its a full time job just taking care of myself.... is there one that would look after me? A bit like a combo butler / personal assistant!? Doesn't shed, knows how to use a toilet (I'm guessing dragons are a massive overhead in this department), etc. Thats my ideal imaginary pet. 🤣

Like # people like this
JiraJared
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

This guy! (from Hero 6 movie)

giphy

Like # people like this
Solutions Partner
April 29, 2021

Perfect!!! Where do I get one 🤣

Like # people like this
Kimberly Deal April 29, 2021

My current pet family is just the best, I love them all to bits.  I suppose if I could train them to be like animals in a Disney movie, that would help me cook, clean and make awesome ball gowns that would make everything perfect.  LOL

Aside from my current ones, since I'm dreaming anyway.  I'd like a unicorn that could fly like Pegasus. :D

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

That's a difficult question. A dragon sounds definitely as a good pet, but I imagine it's expensive too ;-) .  I don't know if it qualifies as a pet, but I always wanted to have a bee hive and to enter the beekeeping sector. Maybe there is an Atlassian tool for that too! ;-)

Like # people like this

A noble hobby/profession and I'm sure there's someone using Trello or Jira to manage their Apiary activities!  Go for it @Carlos Garcia Navarro !Bee-and-honey-pot-cartoon-vector.jpeg

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Thanks for the encouragement, @Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_ ! :-)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

The puppy we just got.  

dog.jpg

Like # people like this
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

I would like to have Mew, because he looks like a cat, he can perform pranks, he could defend me against any danger and help me travel the world.

That wouldn't really be a pet, more like a friend, but he is adorable so I guess it is appropriate, isn't it ?

CrazySickAkitainu-max-1mb.gif

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Twilight Sparkle, specially if she comes with Spike. A talking alicorn that can do magic, I don't think I have to explain why.

Spike & Twilight Sparkle - Twiliiiiiiight! Oops! Thanks! - YouTube

Like Carlos Garcia Navarro likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

I've always loved Snarf from the 80's Thundercats. He's snuggly, fuzzy, and a caretaker.

Screenshot_Snarf

Like # people like this
Tom Kakanowski April 30, 2021

I would like a Balrog please.  They are smart, cuddly, feisty, handy in the winter, shedding is not an issue and they are anti-allergenic, but can be challenging to train, and off leash parks tend to have some chaos associated with a visit.    I would name him Chompy, and make a home for him in my deep abyss/basement, where I could start with crate training (with care of course, I want to make sure he doesn't suffer from separation anxiety). Its pretty important though that I get one from a reputable source, I don't want to deal with issues of getting one from a Balrog-mill,  I'd get him neutered of course, that's just the responsible thing to do, and I don't plan on breeding him or putting him into Balrog Show competitions.  Finding dwarves to feed him might be problematic, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there (pun intended).

Like # people like this
Solutions Partner
April 30, 2021

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good choice

Like JiraJared likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2021

You may have to check if it's legal to own a Balrog! ;-)

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 30, 2021

My choice is an armadillo. I just love the sound their little hooves make on pavement! 

armadillo.jpeg

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

Obviously, the luckdragon Falkor, from The Neverending Story. Could I have a better combination of a dragon that kind of looks like a dog? Or I should say a dog that looks like a dragon... 🤔

dragon.gif

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

And now I have the song in my head 😄

Like Ivan Lima likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2021

For real, I've always been intrigued by getting a hedgehog as a pet.

For imaginary, there are many excellent choices above...

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2021

These are cool glasses! ;-)

Like carolyn french likes this
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

I had a friend who had a couple for pets. I don't think they are difficult to keep, but they are nocturnal.

And she said they like to coat themselves in this sort of green goo that they spit up. I don't remember what the reason was. But would have to wash them periodically so her kids could handle them. 

Like carolyn french likes this
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

A squirrel. I feed them all the time. They are super curious and cute. 

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

:)

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__mnn__images__2014__12__gray-squirrel-uc-berkeley-e95928eec1b84a56b6f32e32840376ae.jpg

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

In the non-imaginary category, I have always wanted a Norwegian Forest Cat. Cause they are so cool. And I would want to get it a little viking helmet. But I would never purchase a cat when there are so many strays etc. that need a good home. 

viking cats.jfif

In the non-practical category, I would love to have a Snow Leopard. They are so beautiful, and SOOOO FLUFFFYYYYYYY.

snow leopard.jfif

"It's So Fluffy. I'm gonna die"

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Pika-pika-pikachu

image.png

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

I would love to have a Scooby

Foulianna FouaGraf July 20, 2021

I wish I could get back my 17 years companion who passed away 4 months ago, my 3 legged Lazaraki ♥️🤗😿

IMG_20210720_161011.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events