Friday Fun: How do your lovely balcony flowers look like (gardens also count!)?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

In many parts of the world it is currently summer.
So I'm curious - do you have some beautiful flowers on your balcony or maybe a garden?
Insects are happy about any kind of flowers say experts and in the past we had a small "wild" meadow that bees loved to visit.

Currently we have only a small balcony, some flowers beautify the view and some smell just wonderful.
Do you find the care costly? We have found that most plants only want to be watered every few days - sometimes it is additionally necessary to remove a few faded buds.

Bild1.pngBild2.png
Enjoy summer!

17 comments

Comment

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 22, 2021

Given that its winter here I have very confused jonquils. Enjoying it however.

20210715_091011_small.jpg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

They are beautiful! So nice to see them enjoying the sun!

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Only a small box of flowers - but at least some ☺️💐D247B967-95A2-4D22-BF6A-7BC7995B8FE9.jpeg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

I really like the colours! Very nice!

Like nina_schmidt likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Given the fact that flower could potentially attract mosquitos, I avoid having any. :/
However, I do miss having flower in my balcony, especially with this view (you can see the Acropolis and Parthenon in the back :) ):

20210302_180701.jpg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2021

What a great view! Not so many can see famous buildings from their balcony - makes me think if I would trade in a nice view for flowers :)

Mosquitos can be a pain (literally) - we have some very nasty ones here. They have the potential to keep you up all night.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

I like flower man.. living a (concrete) city like Athens, with few green spots is really awful. Flowers make your life prettier. You feel more calm (up to the point where bees and mosquitos arrive) :D 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 23, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ wow! That is incredible. I have been to Athens once and I was amazed at how ancient ruins are jumbled up with modern buildings. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

I love landscaping and working in the garden. Anything to get my hands dirty I enjoy.

Blue Aster and Hypericum Berry

D8A10F7B-0438-40DB-BD1C-C51A9E1F1205.jpeg

D69CD825-752E-4BAB-9EE7-982888129940.jpeg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2021

They look so nice! I love the quality of the photos and the small details like the wet leaves, just great!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2021

What a great Friday Fun @Daniel Ebers 💐👏

We do not have a balcony so hope this still counts: following major renovations on our new house we have this amazingly huge pallet left over that the supplier didn't need back (middle).

We've been on Pinterest like crazy to look up flower bed ideas. We cannot wait to get cracking on this project!

PAllet.jpg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2021

Sure this counts 💐
Very creative - and a nice idea to give a pallet some new duty :)

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 23, 2021

Totally love this. Trying to my hands on some pallets to do similar... on my list of 5,000 other things to do.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2021

Noice one...!!
Thanks Daniel.

I know the pain Linda! "I got 5,000 things to do and a Trello Card for every single one!"

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 23, 2021

I don't have a balcony but I do have a deck! The only plants I manage to not instantly kill are succulents, and this one succulent does have little yellow flowers. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 8.53.42 AM.png

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2021

Those are so robust! I inherited one from my grandma and rumours with the family say this special succulent is now 50 years old.
The little flowers come back every year the same time - fascinating (red little flowers, 20-30 in total).

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

This is our „balcony“:

85A45DB4-FCAF-4151-826C-4290E813CDBE.jpeg9F9161B9-E98E-4D71-99EA-1B584D7F20E9.jpeg

But to be honest, this is my husband’s success, he loves gardening. I don’t really like digging in the dirt, I’m just the assistant. But of course I love the garden.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 23, 2021

@Thomas Schlegel this is stunning, I cannot wait to come visit and sit in that garden with my morning coffee!

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Or an Abrikoos Jenever in the evening, @Monique vdB  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Save me a seat please!

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2021

Much bigger than a balcony - wow, this looks indeed like a lot of hard work.
Awesome!

Tom Kakanowski July 23, 2021

Not current, but what I had handy.  We have lots of bees and hummingbirds that are fans of our flowers

59352556_10161874774395717_8191975515196751872_n.jpg66808431_10162171476285717_2504681015558012928_n.jpg

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Beautiful 

Like Daniel Ebers likes this
Tom Kakanowski July 23, 2021

Thanks, looks great at night with landscape lighting on.  I couldn't have done this without installing a robust irrigation system with a variety of circuits and low flow, I'd inevitably forget to water or get distracted and all would be brown

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2021

Awesome! It looks so peaceful. I love the colours of the flowers - just perfect!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

I do not have a great thumb so flowers are empty pots or withered plants.  This is one Friday Fun I will stay on the sidelines and appreciate others posts.

Like # people like this
Solutions Partner
July 23, 2021

🤣

I can totally relate - I'm a "survival of the fittest" gardener, and pots dont contribute to longevity. Ill contribute what & when I can, but mother nature knows better than me how to manage gardens. I leave it to the plants to figure it out.

Like Daniel Ebers likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2021

No worries :) We tried some species that obviously also felt not very comfortable on our balcony either - it is always a bit of trying, being sad, watering and ... trying different ones, eventually some of them grow :)

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2021

I only got this one in my office

text: I now got artificial ones, the real ones always perish

grafik.png

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2021

Seems like a legit decision .. "when will AI take over?" :)

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

My husband takes care of every flower at our flat, I even don't know how they are called, I just like them :-)...

flowers.jpg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2021

Very nice! They can grow pretty large actually and are robust.

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2021

I have a really great experience with flowers this year. We bought a piece of land last year and I wanted to plant some flowers for the bees. I thought it will look like:

Sortiment letničkových směsí

but it looks like:

Plevely není nutné vždy vytrhávat, zkuste to letos jinak

I think the flowers are gone and the weed rules them all :D

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2021

But hey, there is some green!
Maybe there will be colourful flowers next year ... :-)
If not I suppose there are still some animals which enjoy what is there.
Slugs for example .. the beloved slugs :/  ... enjoy the dandelion no matter what, they do not pay much attention. They seem to eat whatever they may find.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

Yeah, I hate slugs... but if they will live in this green bush and they will stay ONLY there, I'm totally ok with it. When talking about slugs, I read that there is some special kind of ducks which eat them... it could by fun :D

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

Ok @Daniel Ebers , I just cut a grass a little... here they are...families :D

Valerie Knapp August 4, 2021

Here is my little balcony garden in Padova, near Venice. I have peppers, basil, tomatoes, rosemary and I did have peas and zucchini but I had to take them out as the sun was too much for them!

PXL_20210525_173547882.PANO.jpg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2021

Beautiful! I love it!

Like Valerie Knapp likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2021

There are some amazing 'balconies' here!  Its great to see so much greenery in people's lives

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

Glæsilegt topic! Unfortunately, we don't have a balcony in this american terraced house we live in and the back yard is just a slab of concrete. But... we try to make it a bit pleasant with fake grass, garden furniture and one living flower :)

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2021

Funny - the fake grass is something we added lately as well. :-)
I love the colourful flowers!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2021

Fake grass is good stuff :) I like to see green in a garden. Thank you @Daniel Ebers 

Chris Hayes August 22, 2021

living a (concrete) city like Athens, with few green spots is really awful. Flowers make your life prettier. You feel more calm (up to the point where bees and mosquitos arrive) 

Like Valerie Knapp likes this
Chris Hayes August 22, 2021

living a (concrete) city like Athens, with few green spots is really awful. Flowers make your life prettier. You feel more calm 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events