Friday Fun: Habibi come to Tunisia😁

Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2022

Who gets excited when the Summer season knocks on the doors?

“We’re going to the beach today” is the phrase to unleash the happy kid in me. I remember all our vacations from when I was young till this day.

I turn 26 this month and still get the same excitement about Summer. So basically, I am a 26-year-old girl who spends 3 hours straight swimming with no time out. Literally 3 hours! No jokes!😂I guess people my age would prefer to split the 3 hours between swimming, tanning & eating but not for me.

This is my first time writing in the Atlassian community, and I’m glad I’m sharing fun facts about myself already.😃

I am also excited to share my and my team’s last destinations for this summer.

I live in Tunisia :flag_tn:🇹🇳, and here we have a lot of beautiful places along with the famous crystal clear Mediterranean sea. If you don’t know Tunisia, it’s an Arab country located in the north of Africa, between Algeria and Libya.

Tunisia.png

I took the sea picture below in Mahdia on the 25th of July. The weather at that time of the month was scorching, reaching 41 degrees. However, the sea was cold but refreshing.

The other one is also in Mahdia, a place called Borj Ras. It was 4:55 in the morning, and I was riding an electric scooter that I had rented with my cousins to roam the empty streets and see the city from a different view; no traffic, no noise.

Mahdia.png

As a second destination, I chose Sousse, where I went to a 5-star hotel with my family, and guess what my favorite part of the hotel was? This beautiful walkway and that gate that I named “The sea gate”.😄

Sousse.png

As for my team, they actually had different destinations.

One of our team members is originated from Kerkennah, which is a set of small islands that’s a boat hour away from Sfax. So, spending a summer vacation there is a must for her. I frankly didn’t know before that Kerkennah had a beautiful sea like that. So I might give it a shot next summer. I also loved the wall paintings.

Kerkennah.png

These last pictures are taken in “Monastir” and “La Marsa, Tunisia”

They both share a beautiful sky view but at different times and places.

The night view at “La Marsa” is terrific! You can see it in daylight from the available pictures on this link from google maps.

Monastir, La marsa.png

I wish I could show you more than that. There are hundreds of more fascinating pictures we took in different places.

So, what about you? What is your favorite summer destination in your hometown?

6 comments

Comment

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 16, 2022

@Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_ Thank you so much for sharing your home with us! The sea looks soooo nice, I'll have to visit one day!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

@Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_ thank you so much for sharing all that information about Tunisia! Your pictures are so wonderful!

My favorite summer destination in Arizona is definitely Sedona! I love the red rocks and I love all the things you can do there in nature! Here are some pics! 
Chapel of the Holy Cross - this is a church that is built into the red rocks:

1.jpg

The views from Chapel of the Holy Cross - there is a parking lot at the chapel and when you walk up to the top you can get the most amazing views:

3.jpg

The Red Rocks are amazing!

4.jpg

Oak Creek Canyon is also very serene and pretty: 

2.jpg5.jpg

And finally, even though it is not about Summer, seeing the snow on the Red Rocks is a sight to see:

6.jpg

Like # people like this
Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2022

@Summer_Hogan Sedona looks like a must-see! It looks very beautiful. I also love the church built on the rocks. I mean, how impressive! 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

@Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_ Yes, it is a great place to visit! It you ever come to the US and get to Arizona, this is a must as a place to visit! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

I don't have @Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_ or @Summer_Hogan photo skills, so excuse the blandness of this post. My hometown, Far Rockaway, NY is a beach town. But the best part of the shoreline is the six mile boardwalk that was completely renewed after Hurricane Sandy struck in 2012. It's a cyclists paradise in the early morning. I live 1/2 mile from the east end and I love starting out at daybreak in the summer and coming back home to the sunrise.

IMG_0930.jpg

Like # people like this
Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_
Marketplace Partner
September 19, 2022

@Andy Gladstone, I guess you have the skills. The picture is amazing! If this picture had a caption, it would be "If pictures could speak". No wonder you called it cyclists paradise.

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2022

@Andy Gladstone - I agree with @Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_ this picture is beautiful! 

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

Hi @Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_ 

You photos are just as wonderful as your city! Although we are "neighbors" I never had the chance to visit your country. I still have faith that I'll manage to surpass my fear of flights and visit it one day!

My hometown, located in the middle of Greece, is by far the one of the worst places to visit during Summer! Humidity is sky high, temperature reaches 40c and it's "oohhh booy...let's get the hell out of here!!".

I'd rather show a picture from a greek island, with beautiful water and beaches rather than my hot boiling hometown :D

Like # people like this
Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_
Marketplace Partner
September 19, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Haha, well, I don't know much about Greece, but it's a dream destination. The architecture is fantastic there! Many Tunisians have visited it, and they shared cool pictures and feedback. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

My home town is close to mountains and that is where we spend our time.  Mountain biking, hiking and camping.  

Like # people like this
Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_
Marketplace Partner
September 19, 2022

I bet the mountains' views are astonishing! 

Well, I never tried camping, but I guess I should one day.

FaresBenAbbes October 1, 2022

Awesome pic and blogpost! Thank you for sharing :D

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events