Friday Fun: Got Crazy Socks?!?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Another Fun Friday! It's been a while since I signed up. Thanks to @Monique vdB for the reminder. Hope everyone had a great week and ready for awesome weekend ahead!

Not sure where the week went but I'm sure glad Friday coming around the corner. 

Do you all have any crazy and fun socks to share?

Got these from my sister to remind me what ever challenges comes along, "I GOT THIS".

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.39.14 PM.jpg

giphy

13 comments

Comment

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 8, 2021

Great socks!!!

Mine are not really exciting, but they are my fave. The Cat in the Hat comes to mind whenever I see them (sure the colour isn't quite right), so these are my Dr Seuss socks.

friday socks.jpg

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Jesus baby brought socks with panda for my son (3 Y.O.). He asked me to buy the same socks after Christmas so we can got to sleep wearing the same socks :D

Výjimečný dárek od Dedoles Veselé ponožky Panda

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

I'm addicted to BlueQ socks

Current favorites:

125848620_xl.png125849294_xl.png

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 9, 2021

@Esther Strom I love them too! I have 3 pairs including the crafty bitch ones I'm wearing today. :D 

Like Esther Strom likes this
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 9, 2021

O.M.G. they have AMAZING socks!!!

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

Happy Friday All!!

I'll be zooming into the weekend with my Taco on Wheels socks 🧦

IMG_1007.jpeg

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 9, 2021

TACO SOCKS!! +100 @Andrew Kendris 

Like Andrew Kendris likes this
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

Thank you @Mandy Ross 😄 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

Nah, not here, I just keep it simple with a pile of identical ones, so I don't have to think about pairing.  Apart from the odd random gift...

socks.jpeg

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

And you may need to squint a bit at the one on the left to see the theme - RIP Charlie!

Like # people like this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

I have a similar sock drawer full of Atlassian and partner socks 

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 9, 2021

Today I'm wearing my Crafty Bitch socks, a gift from my BFF @BJ Miller , who knows I love to knit/crochet/spin/paint/sew/embroider! 

Image from iOS.jpg

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

20210409_114821-min.jpg

Had to dig deep to find these ones.

Like # people like this
BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

@Mandy Ross I love your socks! I am rocking my Partners in Wine socks, and my kitty (Rosie) isn't sure about them!
63968901676__DE525774-8A5F-43B7-851A-1B7A97C304C2.jpg

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 9, 2021

@BJ Miller tell Rosie I said meow!

Like BJ Miller likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

@Mandy Ross I have those Crafty Bitch ones, too! I'm also a knitter. Ironically, I've never been able to finish a pair of socks; I just get too bored and end up frogging to do something more interesting 😂

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 12, 2021

@Esther Strom I admire your ability to even start socks! I've never attempted them, I'm more of a hat/scarf/baby sweater skill level! 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

I've been knitting for 15 years, and there are some really basic sock recipes out there. If you're interested, I can share. If you can knit in the round (either DPNs or magic loop) you can knit socks!

Like Mandy Ross likes this
Solutions Partner
April 12, 2021

Hmmm. Dont come look in my cupboards - I have at least 6 jumpers and other half finished projects in various spots around the house. My problem is I choose really complex things, that I then make changes to and so it takes me FOREVER to finish. 🙄

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 13, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ same! I have so many half done projects where I get into them and then I just lose interest and put them in a bag.  @Esther Strom I'd love an easy sock pattern! I probably have to get new points bc I lost like 2 of my set of 5 :doh:!

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2021

@Mandy Ross,

I'm a spinner, too!  I have about 30 bags of raw alpaca (fiber) up in my attic waiting for me to process...one day. :)

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

Ooh, I haven't tried spinning yet. Do you use a fancy wheel, or a drop spindle? 

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 16, 2021

@WW  I have three icelandic cross lamb fleeces in storage too! I'll trade you for some delicious, delicious alpaca! I just spun up some gorgeous Merino/silk blend, so luscious!! 

@Esther Strom I started on a drop spindle, but quickly upgraded to an Ashford Traveler and I also picked up a Louet from a friend who was moving and sold it to me cheap. Spinning is like meditation to me! 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

>Spinning is like meditation to me! 

That's what I need! I don't really have room for a wheel, but I might have to look into drop spindles. Because I need a fleece stash on top of my yarn stash 🙄

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2021

Spinning is mesmerizing, just watching the wheel go round and round, your foot (or feet) goes up and down, <ah>

You'll hate me for this, but I got my wheel at Salvation Army for ~$60.  Best guess it was built in the 1970s or 80s.  I also do woodworking, kind of as a (pun intended) spin off hobby from fiber works.  So I built 3 more bobbins to fit my wheel.  There were some chew marks on it, but other than that, it works just fine.

My wheel is portable, or rather it's small enough to bring places.  It doesn't fold up or anything.  I don't think anyone has room for the standing ones these days.  You can get a fairly small wheel.

Drop spindle will just take you a long time to make the yarn.  You can make a drop spindle out of like an old CD/DVD and a dowel or something, too.

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 16, 2021

@WW that's the dream, finding a good wheel secondhand! I love the chew marks, that's just character. I really want to do decorative painting on my Ashford, but of course that's another project to add to my ridiculous backlog! 

Now you guys are making me want to abandon all my projects and spend some time in the garden spinning! 

Like # people like this
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2021

Sounds like we may need a (yes I can't help myself) spin-off group.  Something of a mash up between the Atlassian Community and Ravelry.

Ravlassian, Atlasselry, Jiravelry?

:D

Like Esther Strom likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

@WW I'd be there for that! Several of my Rav communities have recently started using Discord; we could easily set up a chat server there!

ETA: or, duh! A group right here on Community for crafters...

Like WW likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

@Mandy Ross if I were ever to try socks again, this is the pattern I'd use. There are two basic methods - toe-up and cuff-down. I've always done cuff-down, but I think that's what contributes to the boredom. With toe-up, if you get bored, you can call them finished as soon as you get past the heel; you'll have a perfectly wearable pair of ankle socks. Cuff-down, you spend tons of time on the leg part, but can't stop until you're really finished.

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2021

@Esther Strom , I like to make yoga socks.  They have no heels and no toes.  Basically, you eliminate the hard parts, and can keep your feet warm, while still having stability doing yoga. :)

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
May 3, 2021

Thanks @Esther Strom !! I will give that a shot! 

Tom Kakanowski April 9, 2021

skeleton socks.jpg

Not much of a crazy sock selection in my drawers...

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 9, 2021

@Tom Kakanowski I used to have those same socks!! I totally wore them out and they went to sock heaven. 

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2021

Wow this one is great👌

Solutions Partner
April 9, 2021

There are so many great socks... that we never get to see. Perhaps we all need to start a movement to make sure our socks are always on display!!

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

My favorite relaxing socks are on the left and my favorite riding socks are on the right. laugh

favorite socks.jpg

Like # people like this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

I love colorful socks! Here is my collection laugh

socks.jpeg

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

I don't really wear crazy socks. But sometimes I get them as swag, and my wife kept these (and somewhere there are mates).

IMG_3014.jpg

Like # people like this
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2021

Hi,
I don't really have crazy socks myself. My son, Mats, on the other hand, loves crazy socks and brand socks. In the photo a very small part of his collection. So if someone wants to make my son Mats happy, it is with socks with logos. :-) 

greetings Marco

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 09.02.11.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2021

No crazy socks for me, buuuut after seeing all of your socks, all I can say is that I'm definitely buying something similar! It's time to say bye-bye to old one color plain socks!

Like Marco Brundel likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events