Friday Fun: Friends for Life

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2022

Friends, Friendship is someone or something which is really close to everyone's heart. Friendship is a divine relationship, that is described through neither blood nor another similarity. Who is on this global does now no longer have a pal?

A buddy, with whom you simply like to spend your time, can proportion your joys and sorrows. Most importantly you want now no longer faux your self and simply be what you are. That is what friendship is all approximately. It is one of the maximum stunning of the members of the family withinside the global.

Friendship is taken into consideration as one of the treasures that every body can possess. God has given us the freedom to pick out buddies due to the fact they're for our lifetime. It is pretty regular for our mother and father and siblings to like us due to the fact they're our personal blood however a pal is a person who's to start with a stranger after which takes his/her vicinity above all of the different members of the family. Friendship is not anything however natural love with none expectations.

True buddies proportion and assist every different even at some stage in the hardest of times. A proper pal is person who feels satisfied for our success, who experience unhappy for our failures, combat with us for stupid matters and hugs us the subsequent second, receives irritated on us while we do any mistakes. Friendship is all approximately having proper buddies who can recognize us with out the want for us to speak.
Friendship could be very crucial for a satisfied life. Even a two-minute chat with a buddy will make us neglect about our worries. That is the electricity of friendship.

Make sure to tell us about your friend, best friend, buddy in the comments below! 🙌🤩

5 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

I was lucky enough to meet my wife in High School. We started dating when I was a Junior and she was a Sophomore. She has been my life's best friend, and I am lucky to have spent every day together in marriage of 22+ years. 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 18, 2022

@Andy Gladstone I met my best friend in high school too! We did not get married but if he wasn't gay I'm sure we would have 😆  I guess we're high school platonic sweethearts instead! 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2022

@Andy Gladstone  I met my husband through the Marine Corps at 19 years old.  After 38 years of marriage, we are still best friends.  I totally understand how truly luck you are @Andy Gladstone !

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

@Andy Gladstone I would have to second that.  While I have a lot of great friends whom I do things with my wife is my besty.  She is my anchor in life and I feel so blessed to have her found her.  There is no one I would rather spend time with and I can't even fathom what I would do without her.  

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

When I was growing up, I played with a couple of neighborhood kids, Steve and Danny.  We played baseball in the summers, football in the fall, and rode our big wheels/bikes.  Eventually we grew apart as we moved and grew up.

Fast forward to 2004 when I moved to Phoenix.  I found out that Steve lived here too.  I got in touch.  We've stayed in touch since.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2022

Well, as I stated above, my husband is my best friend.  We met over 38 years ago at age 19 in the United States Marine Corps. We got married 6 months later and just celebrated our 38th anniversary. We spent 11 years on active duty together. Then, I went on to perform 15 more years in USMC and he was by myside being my best and worst critic, the one I ran to for advice, the one who held me up when I had my worst days, and the one I appreciated the most when I succeeded and retired. He sacrificed a great deal for my dreams in the Marines.  

My other best bud, because that is different, is my friend from the Marine Corps that I shared a room with during Officer Basic Training. We are very different and so much alike. She is a child of a Chinese immigrant father and has so many perspectives that I get to listen to. I am the child of an English immigrant father. We both have married our best friends and have grandkids to share the joy. I know that no matter what happens in life, she will always be there for me. Even though we have a state between us, we manage to get together every other year to enjoy each other in person. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

@Marjorie every time you post something about your personal life I am inspired. Thank you for sharing!

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2022

@Andy Gladstone thank you. Glad that I can be inspiring, but truthfully, I am like everyone else.... Sometimes I get angry when I shouldn't, oversleep the alarm, say inappropriate things, wear sweats or pajamas all day (because well working remote has benefits), hate to cook, lock my keys in the car.... lolol...

Love this group!  And, I enjoy the community.  

Cheers all, have a happy weekend!

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

Hey! Inspiration does not require Perfection! Sometimes what is most inspiring is the fact that we can all shine despite our imperfections!

Like # people like this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

My best friend is Shashi and we know each other for more than a decade! He has been there always! 

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events