Friday Fun: Fictional Worlds

Marc Dvorschak January 27, 2022

Hi there! Happy Friday! 🤩

So… this is it. I’m starting my first discussion. And I’m a bit nervous. But luckily it is a Friday Fun discussion and that makes it easier…

nervous.gif

I’m a little nerd ...

nerd.JPG

… and therefore, my question for you is:

If you could travel to any fictional universe (Sci-Fi, Anime, whatever …) which would it be? Would you only make a quick visit, or would you move completely?

Well for me…

I would like to have a cup of ramen with my favorite chaos ninja…

naruto.gif

Then take a trip with a certain Doctor (avoiding Daleks and Cyberman) …

goodjob-doctor-who

And I would like to retire on Earth in the Star Trek TNG universe.

What about you?

16 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Thanks for the post @Marc Dvorschak  - well done!

For me, it would be a trip to Narnia. And it might just be a permanent stay.  :-)

Narnia.jpg

Like # people like this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2022

Narnia was also my first thought! Lots of fun creature friends and generally low danger

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

@Marc Dvorschak  nice one!

Hmmm, probably a one way ticket to Eternia

giphy

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

I would have to go with Takodanna...

Takodanna.jpeg

and hang out with Maz...

maz.jpeg

and drink some Frost Awakens...

frost.jpeg

while playing Dejarik...

dejarik.jpeg

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

But what mode of transportation would you take? I'm more of an X-Wing man myself.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

Middle Earth. I would probably avoid Mordor, and The Shire homes would be too small for me and my family, my ears are too small to fit in Lothlórien, but a nice small castle in Rohan seems nice.

ME1.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 27, 2022

Great topic @Marc Dvorschak!! I would also pick TNG, because it seems peaceful-ish and there's a holodeck so I can visit all the other worlds anytime I want. 😉

holodeck.gif

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
January 27, 2022

Its got to be Serenity - just managing to eke out a living on the edge of the universe... no, wait, maybe not...  lol.jpg

serenity.jpg

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

I want to live in The Culture.  Or Ankh-Morpork.

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

Lancre for me

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2022

Hi @Marc Dvorschak 

Great topic, I would love to be with the Tanner family and be able to share with the incredible ALF and his wonderful laugh "Jajajajajajajaja"

alf1.PNGalf2.PNG

And for me it would be a permanent stay

Happy Friday !!!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2022

Ok I've been thinking hard about this one. 

First, while I absolutely love TNG and was a big fan of it ever since I was 4-5 years old when it first came out (yes I was watching re-runs of TOS around that time too).  I really just want a holodeck to be able to visit some of the "other" worlds!

Things I'm a large fan of that I would like to visit, in no particular order:

The land of Hyrule from the Legend of Zelda:

DD-Hyrule-Castle-Guided-Tour-2.jpg

The Kanto region from Pokemon:

800px-LGPE_Kanto_Map.png

Aincrad from Sword Art Online:

aincrx-01.jpg

Great topic @Marc Dvorschak!  Thank you!

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2022

Hyrule would be a lot of fun to visit!

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2022

I would have to go with Dune or to earth and beyond (Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Like # people like this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2022

Loved this one for ages!!

air_bender.gif

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

While I agree with you @Pramodh M,  I think I preferred the "Steam-punk" version one century later ;)

Like # people like this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

I'm having a bit of trouble here

cartoon-fire.gif

Will you help with a gif

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

Yes I'm truly honest

air-bender.gif

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2022

I would go to Oz... as I live pretty close to it....

Image result for Wizard of Oz Book Quotes

Hang out with the tin man...

Learn to deal with the no-brains group...

Find the courage to continue ....

Image result for Wizard of Oz Cowardly Lion Quotes

and then... learn the best lesson of all...

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

Well, that's certainly a horse of another color kind of location.

Like Marjorie likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2022

I live in the Kansas City suburb... so, it was fitting.

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

Imagine you all wake up in the morning on sun loungers at the Venetian, and it was surrounded by nothing but desert as far as the eye can see.

I am standing next to the pool in my Speedos with a Mai Tai in one hand and a Stroopwaffel in the other.

And I say:

"Welcome to my Fictional Universe!"

The novel is entitled:

things-that-will-scar-you-forever-thomas-middleditch.gif

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

Well done @Marc Dvorschak - you knocked it out the park in your very first discussion!!! 🤩👏

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Marc Dvorschak February 2, 2022

Thank you very much! 😊

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

I am surprised that no one mentioned Hogwarts as yet......seems we are missing the Potterheads magic in the community!!

index.jpg

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

@Gaurav we were waiting for you! What particular feature of Hogwarts would you like to experience most? Room of Requirement? Quiddich Pitch? Great Hall?

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

Once one has been to an English school, there's not much fictional about Hogwarts... ! 😂

Like # people like this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

@Andy Gladstone Thanks for the wait!! I would definitely like to experience the Room of Requirements, play a game of Quidditch, explore the hidden passages, the lake, attend a class (maybe ;))...in short all aspects of the school.

@Fun Man Andy Do the English schools have magical classes 😂

Like ABR likes this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2022

Hogwarts for me as well.

Like Gaurav likes this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2022

Man, I was thinking about this for way too long until I saw the post about Wizard of Oz and realized, duh!  I'd want to go to Wonderland.  I'm a huge Alice in Wonderland fan :D

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2022

So many great choices from all of you people!

My cup of tea would be either somewhere in the Middle earth and close to the Shire, or traveling with Telemachus and Yumi, as Ulysses in the deep space, trying to find my way home!

7de5bb7ce1f4d834ce54a71c0bcadccb.jpg

Like Marc Dvorschak likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events