Friday Fun: Fall Festival or Fall Carnival

Erica_Garcia October 11, 2018

Happy End-of-Week to all!

It's Fall in San Diego - or at least as 'fall' as it gets ;) - and every where I look there are fall events popping up all around. 

And that got me thinking, what is the difference to a Fall Festival or a Fall Carnival? Is it just the addition of games and prizes to justify the 'carnival' name?

Either way, I have big plans this weekend of both a Fall Carnival on Saturday and a Fall Festival on Sunday! I plan to report back with pictures of both experiences to share here.

Who else wishes to share their best Fall-themed event pictures?

I have high hopes for some amazing pics from across the globe and.....GO!

3 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 11, 2018

Things are very grey here. Spring means a mix of sunny days and cold rainy and windy.

Erica_Garcia October 11, 2018

I miss weather - we are lucky if we get sprinkle.

Erica_Garcia October 15, 2018

I jinxed myself-we had rain this weekend!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

I can't think of very special fall events here in Germany. We imported Halloween from the US, of course there's the "Oktoberfest" in Munich (and a lot of people behave like they're Bavarians, the Oktoberfest is copied all over Germany - but I don't like it, to be honest). In November, children walk with their lanterns (it's called St. Martin).

The weather here is unusual and crazy this year. It still feels like summer, no fall at all (except the coloured leafs on the trees), 25 degrees, sunny. 

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

I was SOOOO confused. 25 degrees is FREEZING to me... it took me a minute to realize you meant C not F!

I looked into the Feast of St. Martin - thank you for sharing!

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

Carnivals travel. Festivals are local. That's pretty much the only difference. 

It's been about 30 degrees F here and snowing. We skipped over fall all-together. I have plans to start carving pumpkins tho!

Yes, turns out the festival was an attempt at Oktoberfest and in my opinion was a poor example of such.

The kids had fun though, and really, that's all that matters to me!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events