Friday Fun: Dream Time

Deleted user January 10, 2019

Many people never or rarely remember their dreams.  The ones I remember are always odd in some way.  What is the strangest dream you’ve ever had?

I remember one dream where I had to fight a dinosaur.  It was going to be in a pit with spectators.  I was getting ready to go into the pit, even though I knew it was hopeless.  Interestingly, I had some conflicts at work happening at the time.   😊

Raptor.jpg

What's your most memorable dream?

8 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2019

The worse dream I had was experiencing a whole normal school day, then at the end of that 'day' going to bed and closing my eyes as long as a blink and it was morning.

I felt like I had zero sleep and had to 're-do' a whole day. It made the whole week feel longer too.

Like BiancaE likes this
Deleted user January 10, 2019

That's not one I've had.  I've dreamed I was unable to sleep, but not that I spent an entire day doing something.  No wonder you were tired afterwards!

Like BiancaE likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2019

Maybe not so strange, but I do fix Jira schemes sometimes in my dreams.

I also dreamt recently that my presentation slides had become solid text from corner to corner. It made me laugh in my dream.

Like BiancaE likes this
Deleted user January 11, 2019

Fixing schemes?  That's awesome! 

I remember back when I used to play on-line games (no talking to the other players), I would play the game and type text and try to read it as well in my dreams!  I had forgotten about that.  Thank you for the morning chuckle!

Like BiancaE likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2019

@Matt Doar, this is very sad my friend and note that is a nightmare not dream. LOL

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2019

A puzzle sometimes certainly

Like BiancaE likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

When I was in high school I worked at Taco Bell. Often times after working I would dream all night about making tacos. I would always be behind in the orders and struggling to keep up. I usually woke up exhausted having "worked" all night long.

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

oh man, that's the worst 😂

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2019

Well when I was a younger man I had recurring dreams of flying and I can still remember pieces to this day. However, now they are not nearly as much fun! Woke up a few days ago and told my wife about trying to get a mouse out of my friends ear. The little freak was just in there staring at me. Bizarre, huh? Well think again, I just googled it and actually found something on it (the internet is scary sometimes)...

To see a mouse in your dream generally indicates fear, meekness, insignificance and a lack of assertiveness. When the mouse is hiding in places in the dream, they represent sneakiness, minor irritations and annoyances that get in the way of your daily dealings. Below we will go over the various mouse themed dreams to help you decipher what it might mean.

so i googled flying in dreams...

If you are flying with ease and are enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are in charge and on top of a situation. You have risen above something.

Now i'm rather depressed with where I have arrived in life. I should have avoided this thread. LOL

Like # people like this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

I don't recall most of my dreams, but my wife sure does. I get "night terrors" that are worse than your average nightmare. From what she tells me I've done everything from making noises or talking in my sleep to shouting out, and even sleepwalking.

Once I woke up downstairs in the living room with a baseball bat in hand wondering what was going on. My wife says I was mumbling about something, got out of bed, picked up the bat, and stomped down the stairs.  She just gave me a lot of room.

Like BiancaE likes this
Deleted user January 22, 2019

I wonder who you were planning to fight with that baseball bat?  =)

Like Scott Theus likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2019

Most of my dreams are of things that could happen in real-life, where you can't distinguish between dream or reality. When I hit my alarm in the morning I need to get up right away, otherwise I dream between snooze buttons. I remember in junior high school I worked at Tim Horton's and had to work at 6am on a Sunday. I was up and working and it was super busy, I felt run off my feet by 7am. I was speaking on the drive-thru asking what the customer wanted to order, and all of a sudden it was my boss on the other end of speaker asking where I was. I got confused and said I am at the drive-thru, and wouldn't she know that if she was in the drive thru line up and I was answering the drive thru mic. All of a sudden I snapped out of it and realized I was still in bed, but my dream was so vivid I thought I had been working all that time since the alarm went off. I had to hop on my bike and race to work, it took me a few hours to feel back to normal again.

Wishing I had more imaginative dreams, but for some reason I just dream about real life scenarios, at least those are the ones I seem to remember.

Like BiancaE likes this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

These are amazing! I can't compete with some of these so I won't. I just came in here to say that, thanks to a terrible sinus infection, I had 3 days of fevers last week with THE CRAZIEST FEVER DREAMS. I can't remember any of them but I would go from one place with one person to another through tunnels and changing scenes and it was NUTS. So glad that's over!

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

Oh man, as someone with narcolepsy, I have bizarre, vivid dreams every night. Last night a stranger asked me to come visit them in their mansion after work, which I thought was close to my house so I agreed. They drove me there, but when I got there, I realized it was on the other side of the world (way too far away). This was a problem because I needed to feed my dogs dinner. I went to leave, but in a hurry I knocked over a charging cord that was plugged into the wall, and the unplugged-in end fell in the pool, which caused all the lights in the house to explode. So then I got nervous what the owner would think and I had to run away, but it was tricky because as soon as I left the house, I found out it was surrounded by dangerous cliffs. Then I woke up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2020

Holy Wow! Please invite me to your dream one day.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events