Friday Fun: Dogs for Days!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2019

As promised last week, this week's subject is DOGS

Show us the dogs in your life! What are their names, and what kind of dog are they? Do they get to come to work with you? 

Tell us all about them below. :) 

(This is a GIF of my dog, Ringo, wearing an Ewok costume when he was a puppy!)

25 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2019

I have two little fur-babies, both are rescues so I don't know all of their background but we have had them for an number of years now and they do a very good job of keeping our 1 1/2 year old safe.  They unfortunately don't get to come to work with me, but when I'm working from home you would hardly know they are there since all they do is sleep by my feet until work time is finished.

Tana, I believe is an Austrailian Kelpie/Border Collie.  She is the boss and makes sure everyone knows it.  As she is getting into her senior years she's started to slow down a bit, but she can still keep up when there is fun to be had.

20190425_111006.jpg

Spirit, I believe is a Huskey/Shiba Inu.  He came from up north where I believe he spent a lot of time outside as he will spend hours summer or winter chilling in the backyard.  He is very submissive which means the pair of them compliment each other very well.  He loves to have people rub his belly.

20190425_111324.jpg

I can't wait to see others posts as well!

-James

Like # people like this
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2019

So much dog love! <3

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 28, 2019

For the first time, I have a dog to share!

My husband had a dog for 10 years and had joint custody with his ex-wife. She is still a good friend of ours (I call her my ex-wife-in-law) and she got her new puppy on Wednesday. His name is Brisket and we are his godparents / back up puppy-sitters / partial co-owners. 

He is a tiny fluffy sentient pile of cotton balls. 

HERE HE IS!

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 5.52.07 PM.png

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2019

Oh my goodness, talk about adorable you two!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2019

This story makes me happy - more pats for Brisket, the good boy. Just keep him away from those BBQ fans in the other thread....

Alex Lewis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2019

Here's two Atlassian pups on a hike this past weekend:

IMG_1039.jpegIn white is Minh, my 15-month-old Maltipom, and behind her is Dexter, an older pug-terrier-chihuahua mix (we guess?).  They met for the first time just before the hike and have become fast frenemies.

Like # people like this
Jackson Hoang
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2019

image2.jpeg

This is Luna, my 7 month old Samoyed. She's a little tomboy so she looks like a boy here. We got her as a puppy and she's tripled her weight since we got her :O. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring her to work when the new NY office is finished and becomes dog friendly!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 28, 2019

She is SO beautiful!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

Aww she's smiling!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2019

What a happy floof!!! <3 

Kane Walliamson May 11, 2021

She is very cute and adorable.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2019

My two lovable Carins! JoJo and Pita.

3931052F-43B7-43A1-8F16-16E84918EEE8.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

I sure hope these cuties are on your holiday card - so sweet!

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2019

Dozer is my 3-year old Cane Corso. He looks scary, but he loves everyone. 

dozer-1.jpg

Like # people like this
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2019

Thats a lot of dog. I hope he gets all love back he has for everyone. :D

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

OMG what a beautiful baby!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

What a beautiful boy, love his smile :)

Like # people like this
Marat Kiniabulatov June 28, 2019

IMG_20190605_233707.jpg

This is hungarian vizsla that i adore, but it's of a brother of my wife :) I'm allergic to dogs, but I usually just take the pill and go cuddling! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 28, 2019

Majestic!

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

HI QT BB

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

Love your approach, "take the pill and go cuddling" - glad you don't have to miss out!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2019

You all have amazing dogs <3
I have two dogs now, my older one passed away this month, I'm still not used that I have "two", so I'm also sharing her pic here.
This is Babi, the one that left us, she was 12 years old, she was with us since day 1:

Screenshot 2019-06-28_12-45-04-789.png

This is Kira, 8 years old. She has this name because I loved the anime Death Note and Kira's mother was a killer (like, she was capable to catch birds and other little animals very fast), so I decided to give her this name:

Screenshot 2019-06-28_12-44-13-663.png

Last but not least my big baby Lessie, she is 3 years old and she literally acts like a kid, she sleeps in my bedroom every night, she likes so much to stay close to me and my family:

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 15.29.16.jpeg

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

omg these are so great!! I want to boop that nose on Lessie!!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

Oh my heart, sorry for your loss of dear little Babi :( Kira and Lessie are so sweet and must miss Babi dearly.

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2019

Love this thread of all the adorable pups! Here is my fur kid Max, he is 9.5 years old and we adopted him four years ago. I have worked remotely for 4 years so he is by my side every day except when I travel. Here are a couple of pics of him:

image1.jpegAAD8807A-878A-4241-9E24-737CB7A60EA2.JPG

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

That field of flowers looks majestic! What a wonderful place to go for a walk.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

That's my yard, I was letting the dandelions grow natural for the bees. They are so pretty but here in my province people consider dandelions weeds, even though they are edible and have lots of natural benefits, and they look like a field full of sunshine.

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

your yard?! 😍😍that's amazing! it's so beautiful!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

I live on a tiny Island, you should come visit someday! 🏖 

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

My partner is from Ontario and we've talked about going to PEI! This summer we're spending a couple of weeks near the Ontario/Quebec border (where his family has a cottage) with stops in Toronto and Montreal, but maybe next summer 😎

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

That's wonderful! Sounds like a lovely vacation you have planned with your extended family, glad you may visit the Island next summer :)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2019

Thanks Phil - we sure love it! :)

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

I love these two boys more than I ever thought my heart could grow. They're both shelter dogs and have their quirks, but they're a good pair. Barley, the dark brown one, is the leader and likes to herd, while Bruce, the tan one, is a goofball who listens very well. Barley pretends he doesn't like Bruce, but when another dog starts playing with Bruce then Barley gets jealous and starts herding Bruce away from the other dogs. 

Screenshot 2019-07-01 13.36.50.png

This was us this morning. They're not usually allowed on the bed but they made themselves comfortable and I didn't even notice until my alarm went off. Screenshot 2019-07-01 13.36.40.png

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

Aww Barley and Bruce are so lucky to have been adopted from the shelter by you! Dogs won't show their bellies like that unless they are fully trusting and comfortable. Unconditional love! :)

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

His favorite way to sleep is belly up and in-between us on the bed! 😂😂

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2019

I'm a little late in sharing my critters this week, but I present, Ringo and Starr!

We got them around the same time, but we did have and name Starr first.

Ringo

Ringo is a 1.5-year-old half Pit Bull mixed with Australian Cattle Dog, Boxer, West Highland Terrier, Chow Chow, and "Supermutt." We know this because we actually paid for a DNA test for him.  If you're interested in that, you can see his results here: https://my.embarkvet.com/dog/pupperingo

His mother was found in a trash dump in West Virginia, heavily pregnant with puppies. My mother, who is an angel, fostered mama and all 10 of her puppies. Ringo was the runt, and for a while, we weren't sure he would make it. When I came home to Delaware from Amsterdam for Christmas, I met this dude, and I fell in love with him. We immediately started the process to fly him to Amsterdam to be with us. He wasn't old enough to fly yet so my mom continued to foster him until he traveled to Amsterdam with my sister in March. 

He loves his stuffed snake, destroying ice cubes but not eating them, and peeing on the pavement instead of the grass.

You can follow him on Instagram if you'd like!

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 10.58.20.png

Starr

Starr comes from Portugal via an organization here in the Netherlands which brings dogs from Portugal and Romania to the Netherlands. She comes to the Atlassian office 3 days per week and so she's an honorary member of the Community Support team. 

She loves her Ducky, running with the bicycle, and sleeping in sunny spots like a cat.

She has also been tested on Embark, but is basically just your run-of-the-mill Portuguese street dog.

You can also follow her on Instagram.

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 10.58.33.png

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 8, 2019

omg these dogs are GORGEOUS!! I love their stories, too.

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2019

Ringo and Starr certainly are very lucky pooches to be rescued by you! And Starr being part of the Atlassian community with her office visits :)

Celina Zamora July 2, 2019

52076015_586727741799617_4429478306927563692_n.jpg

This is Mokey Jones, my oldest daughter named him and at the time couldn't say "Smokey". We think with his name, he could be a very successful jazz musician (minus the whole being a pup thing). Lol.

He's our 6 year old English Chocolate Lab with a heart of gold. He's the biggest baby of the house (my 5 year old daughter snuggling next to him is one of his BFFs). 

If he were human and played baseball, he would definitely be a shortstop. He has impeccable ball catching skills, is the snuggliest puppy, and has eyes that tug at your soul. He's my protector and is a bit possessive, yet at the same time, he's never met a stranger. 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2019

Best friends, this photo demonstrates so much love between a child and her dog :) 

Like # people like this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2019

What a great post!  I'm smiling from looking at all these great pics. 

In Virginia, you can bring your dog into the pet store and that's about it.  In Florida, dogs are part of the family and they are welcome in stores and restaurants.  I love that!  

Thanks for sharing everyone.  :)

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2019

Where I live they have a dog friendly list of all the businesses that welcome dogs with open arms:

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local/downtown-charlottetown-inc-compiling-list-of-pet-friendly-businesses-for-tourists-and-the-public-217673/

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2019

Hey everyone!

These are my boys, Ezio and Finn. They don't play together much but they protect each other very well at the dog park. They have the complete opposite personalities and it is GREAT. 

IMG_0055.JPG 

Ezio is a ball fetcher, cuddle bug, all about mommy and grandma. This is a picture of him after I came home from my first summit in 2016. He loves my job cause it allows me to work from home and be with him all day! (if he could speak I'm sure that is what he would say) His birthday is 11/11/13 so he is going on 6 years young this year. He is not a fan of water, other dogs that take my attention, and grandma & I leaving for the store. He got his name from a video game Assassins Creed II. :)

IMG_1015.JPG

This is Finn! He is the BIGGEST goofball, squirrel chaser, and cuddle bug. He loves being outside but likes to remind you he is there by giving you the face you see below. He is very independent but is a very good listener, he hardly ever needs a leash. He loves playing with other dogs and has the attention span of the UP! dog, my partner and I end up fetching the ball more than he does, or Ezio will go get it. He loves attention from anyone and everyone. His birthday is coming up in September and he will also be 6 years young this year. He got his name from Huckleberry Finn, he was going to be call Huck for short but we decided Finn fit his personality better. 

IMG_7611.jpg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2019

These two are so cute, I love how they look out for one another at the dog park :)

Manuel Bastardo Castellano
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2019

Great Post!

Like # people like this
Fernanda Moreno July 24, 2019

This is the best community thread I've ever seen. :)

Like # people like this
Kevin Board July 24, 2019

Here is my clan.  Westley and Buttercup...guess what movie?

Best friends since we introduced them.   Westley is 15 months and BC is 3 Months.  We can't even go for walks without all being together.  Keeps you busy but since they play together its more you getting in the way when they are playing.

And yes, she is in charge even at 3 months.

D88911AD-675D-45C1-A02D-FBDCBE25638E.JPG

Like # people like this
Katie Shoemaker
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2019

Look at that splooting!! I love their little frog legs heart 

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2019

The Princess Bride! 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2019

Seriously cuteness overload in these pics - best buds!

Katie Shoemaker
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2019

As you wishhhh!!!

Katie Shoemaker
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2019

This is Eva & Gordy - Gordy is a 13 year old Chihuahua who runs the house. 
Eva Shoemaker.jpgGordon Shoemaker Picture (1).jpg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2019

Beautiful photos of Eva and Gordy - they have such kind eyes :)

Like Katie Shoemaker likes this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2019

Eva looks just like my little one when I put jingle bells on him! haha

Must be an Aussie thing :p 

Zuzanna Perkowska July 25, 2019

Hey, this is Leny aka Lenislaw. He lives in Gdansk in Poland. He is 8 years old. He loves food, cuddling, walking, swimming and digging. 65305381_378254456422000_2383542051384852480_n.jpg66025808_2041252575998097_7438573659465187328_n.jpg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2019

Look at Leny posing and that big smile - such personality! You can definitely tell how much he loves his life :)

Zuzanna Perkowska July 25, 2019

Yeeeah, but I think that his the biggest love is still food :D

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Christina Raggio
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2019

This is Nova, my Australian Shepherd! We use a shower cap to protect her big ears when she gets a bath. She loves using my couches as an obstacle course, playing with other pups at camp, and trying to talk to the cat who lives next door!

16836442_1862983580394239_7905218509892035401_o.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2019

That picture is adorable!

Kevin Board July 26, 2019

see for the life of me I would never have thought about that...(shower cap for ears) Thats a great idea...thanks!  I'll see if i can use that for my puppies.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2019

Nova is adorable and I love her frog cap! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tai Saxty October 15, 2019

This is Ollivander Saxty (Ollie for short)

My husband and I adopted this little gorgeous guy from the Salisbury Dogs Trust.
He is 6 years old and loves his walkies. He's not overly fussed with food but loves a bit of play time and chilling out to music or watching tv (as per the second pic)

We Love him!

Ollie.jpgOllieTV.jpg

Like # people like this
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

This is my cheeky chappy Murphy - a 7 month old Miniature Schnauzer 🐶

He absolutely loves people and other dogs and can't help but say hello (he gets very excited), he also loves coming to work once a week though and hanging out!

received_531467050758565.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2019

I love the coat!

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2020

I have a Maltese Poodle named Rory after Rory Gilmore (we were originally going to get a girl dog).  We were given a Dog DNA test kit for Christmas so will learn more about what type of dog he is very soon!  He is very hyper so we say he has a little bit of terrier in him.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

@Tim Keyes that's awesome!  How does the DNA kit work?

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

The DNA kit is two check swabs that you send in then you receive info on your dog's bred/ health after a couple of weeks.

https://www.chewy.com/wisdom-panel-30-breed-identification/dp/127224

The reviews are mixed so we will see what comes back!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share picture of my girls!

This is Sabre, she's a German Shepherd x Rottweiler and was a rescue. Her birthday is 1 October and she's 3. She has serious daddy issues, she can't be more than 2 feet away from my husband at any time, but we knew she was going to have issues when we rescued her and wouldn't change her for the world!

IMG_0771.jpg

We knew she was going to be a special kind of girl and she hasn't let us down!

These are our twins - Celeste on the left and Babushka on the right. They're Shar Pei x Staffordshire Bull Terrier, their birthday is 15 March and they're almost 4.

IMG_0986.JPG

Our girls are still convinced that they're lap dogs, and no amount of telling them that they're not, stops them!

I have too many photos of them, it was such a struggle to find ones to put on here, I could have gone on for DAYS!!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

Amazing!  Sounds like you have a busy household.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2021

I finally get to post on this as we got a dog.

20210429_215051.jpg

Like Brittany Wispell likes this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

Congrats!! They are precious. :hearteyes: 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events