Friday Fun: Celebrate our lovable spleens, quirks and whimsys

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2018

Don't we all have it?

Habits and things we are doing that are totally normal for us but may look a 'little' bit weird for other persons.... (if we wouldn't make them only in our own little private place (smile))

For example - sorting your sweets by colour

spleens-schrullen-und-marotten--sind-wir-nicht-alle-ein

But stop - that's normal - that's us - that makes us the person we are! It belongs to us like our name (heart) It helps us giving our lives structure. 

Let's share our 'darkest' little secrets, our imperfections here - let's give us a good laugh and a feeling not to be alone.

Some quirks I have:

• before going to bed - I always have to sort the remote controls and set them accurately to the table (Fun Fact: there are two remote controls for equipment that I don't have anymore)
  • When I eat this Sandwich Ice Cream (think we have this only in Germany (it's strawberry, vanilla and chocolate between two waffles)
    big-sandwich-nestle-schoeller-obs
    I always start with the strawberry line because that's the one I like least than comes vanilla which is ok and in the end I get my love - CHOCOLATE
  • My alarm clock is always set on xx:51 oder xx:36 (always a 1 or 6 at the end) because I found out that the snooze takes 9 minutes and I want to press the snooze one time and than get up at a time that ends on xx:00 or xx:45 (tongue)

Please notice: As long as it does not restrict your life and the lives of families and friends - if you feel uncomfortable, please get help from a doctor.

2 comments

Comment

Anton Perera August 24, 2018

"I always start with the strawberry line because that's the one I like least than comes vanilla which is ok and in the end I get my love - CHOCOLATE"

@Fabienne Gerhard 
First I love to eat the food that you mentioned. Haven't tasted it in our countries. And I follow the same rule when I have something I love to eat + something I'm not that much interested or just eat for hungry.  Always tried to keep the tastier one to the last and keep the taste in the mouth as long as possible.  :D

As you said there are some things that normal to us but may seems odd to the others. I think it is the nature of the complex human mind(or else we can call the brain).

In some cases I need to have a perfect organized manner specially with my work and the working environment at the Office. For an example folders in my laptop. You may not believe that sometimes I cleaned the downloads folder totally at least once a month or twice a month and place the things in the correct folders and places. :D  But if someone enters to my room at my house (specially from the last year) they may noticed the complete opposite of the above and may seems too odd to have opposite behaviors for organizing things in 2 places.

When I'm going to bed I need to have my foot cleaned so I feel comfortable. So before sleep I washed my foot and stay clean with the dust as much as possible. :D

That's all came to mind for the moment while working. Will update if other things came to the memory. ;)  But there are many things like this which may seems odd for the others but totally normal for me as @Fabienne Gerhard said.  :)

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2018

Hi @Anton Perera

Thanks for sharing - funny how different we all are and are similar on the other side. 

Love to hear more!

When I read your story about organizing your workplace and being totally different - I can totally feel with you. My work and workplace are perfect organized - at home I wouldn't find a fresh pair of socks without my partner :D

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2018

I don't like to drink, but I like to collect all kinds of good-looking bottles, so my bottle is always full and never opened.

bot.jpg

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2018

@Ollie Guan :)

do you think you gonna open one of them one day? for a special special special event?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events