Friday Fun - Cartoons

Dear All,

Yesterday my child has seen Winnie The Pooh for the hundred time, and I wondered if other parents have the same setup :) 

So I have 2 questions for today to release the inner child :) 

• First: what are the top 3 (or one, of course) cartoon that are your child/childrens favourite?
  • Second: what was (or what is) YOUR favourite cartoon?

Doesn't matter if it's a series, or single movie, an old-timer classic or new :) Put up some images to make it easier to look it up through the threads!

My answers: 

• My kid: Winnie The Pooh, Bee Movie, Onward
    win.jpg81o-3nOXI3L._SL1500_.jpgMV5BMTZlYzk3NzQtMmViYS00YWZmLTk5ZTEtNWE0NGVjM2MzYWU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
  • For me: hard to choose, I'm still a cartoon fan. :) Maybe Avatar: Last airbender from the nowadays, but in a very close race with TaleSpin from my childhood.
    TaleSpin_-_logo_(English).jpg81KjBiKs-AL.jpg

Have a nice Friday!

Peter

21 comments

Comment

Valerie Knapp October 1, 2021

Oh man, TaleSpin is a good shout and what a great theme tune!

I don't have kids but I loved / love pretty much all cartoons. I used to really enjoy Duck Tales, Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, Muppet Babies, all of that. I have younger brothers so I also watched a lot of Doug, Rugrats, oh man, now I just want to watch 90's cartoons all weekend!

Obviously other opinions are available but there is always a wealth to be found on the internet: https://medium.com/fan-fare/why-animaniacs-is-the-best-cartoon-series-9f05c2475def

Like # people like this

Duck Tails (woo-ooo!) :) :)

Like # people like this
Like # people like this

Now my friday is a real fun :) 

Wow it's so interesting, the hungarian translation is sooo different!

Also for the last "TaleSpin" word had no translation in the hungarian text, but as a young kid NOBODY knew what the hell is said there, so our fantasy step up, and we've found several possibilities - what we thought that it is said in the song, like "Ez itt" which means "This is" and the hungarian name after it :) But this is just one example from the dozens of versions :D

Like # people like this
Attila Salánki October 1, 2021

Hi Peter,

This is a nice topic. I have no child yet, so just the 2nd topic is relevant for me.

I loved the Hungarian Folktales, Aladdin, and I could continue the list to the next morning

;)

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

Awesome thread @Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_ and thanx for starting it!

My daughter's taste changes so fast (she's almost three), but currently she has two:

minions.jpgpolar.jpg

Here are my top 4 cartoon, which came immediately to my mind:

717GwFlOdzL._RI_.jpgMV5BNTM3MDg4MTgtMWVkMC00MGI5LWI4NmItZWY2MWNhYjBiZWIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMxNDE2ODU@._V1_.jpgthundercats.jpg
tintin-16x9.jpg

Like # people like this

Polar Express was a favourite at us too, due TRAAIIIIN  - my kid just reviewed it again and again :D 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

LoL! Exactly! Train :D

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2021

Interesting Topic @Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_ .

My favourite ones from childhood during schooling - 1. TaleSpin 2. Tintin 3. Looney Tunes. 4. Spider-Man(1994 TV Series). 5. Richie Rich 6. Scooby-Doo !

Like # people like this

Michaela Staffova October 1, 2021

Hi @Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_ 

I am totally loving this thread. I used to work as an ESL teacher and all my students always got super excited when talking about the movies/books/tales/heroes they loved when they were children.

I have no kids of my own so I can only answer the second bit of the question. Sooo - I loved Duck Tales, Chip and Dale, Moomins, and Winnie the Pooh! And of course the Little Mole.

Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 12.44.23.png

I'm from the Czech Republic and this cartoon of ours is a real phenomenon. Kids love love LOVE it. 

Bonus: an episode called How the Little Mole Got His Trousers

Like # people like this

I'm soo happy and glad, that this topic is favourited by so many people :) 

Like Michaela Staffova likes this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

HI @Michaela Staffova , I'm also from the Czech republic and the Mole and trousers is my favorite episode :)

Like Michaela Staffova likes this
Michaela Staffova October 4, 2021

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  hehe lovely to meet a fellow Czech person here! Thanks for proving my point about the Mole being super popular, by the way. The one with the trousers is also my absolute favourite. It brings back so many warm and fuzzy feelings.

Michaela Staffova October 4, 2021

@Peter Cselotei it really, really is, and thanks a bunch for bringing it up here!

I'm taking notes and creating a 'to watch on a rainy day while burritoed in countless blankets and drinking hot cocoa' list, haha. 

I'm soo happy, that you also find it interesting :) thank you :) 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

Tom & Jerry, Popeye, TinTin were my favorite! - I liked Scooby Doo very much.

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro October 1, 2021

Hi @Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_,

An excellent topic for a Friday Fun; I love it.

My favourite cartoon as a child was Care Bears, hahaha and Thunder Cats!

Have a nice day, Community! 😃😊🙏✨🚀

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 08.28.54.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-01 at 08.38.58.png

Like # people like this

And @Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_

I can't share this one too; I've watched many, so many times hahaha!

Love The Little Mermaid. 😁😁😁

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 10.57.07.png

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2021

ooohhhhhh it's my favorite cartoon movie ever!!!!!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro October 4, 2021

@Paloma Fondon Araujo

Nice to know!!!!!!

It is a quite special cartoon. 🥰🥰🥰

Like Marjorie likes this

The little mermaid is my sisters favourite, so yes, we've wathed a couple hundred times too :D :D

Like # people like this

Hahaha, the Mermaid deserves so much love and views. 😁😁

It's so cool this cartoon! I think I'll watch again today, hahaha! 😃😃

Like Marjorie likes this
Jaime Uy October 5, 2021

Care Bears and Thundercats have very different feelings haha but I love them both, too! At different ages.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

@Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_ this is a topic that is very close to me.  I'll start by saying I still watch a lot of cartoon including a number with my son.

Getting a top three is extremely hard as we watch a wide variety.  So I decided that what we have purchased toys for must be the more standout shows.

My 4 year old son's top three:

• Paw Patrol
  • Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy
  • Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

pawpatrol.jpgRescueBots.jpgMiraculous.jpg

I took the same rule for myself, this would be my top three growing up:

• Beast Wars - Transformers
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • The Ghostbusters animated series

Beast-wars.jpgTMNT.jpgghostbusters.jpg

This was a fun topic!  Thank you!

Like # people like this

Wow, it's nice to see The Ghostbusters here!

I enjoyed it a lot, and I forgot to mention it. 😁

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

Yeah I've watched and enjoyed pretty much everything that everyone else has mentioned which is why a top 3 was hard.

Yeah, it's hard to pick up only 3, right! 😊

Thank you and you're welcome. :) 

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon , I can't understand that you are the only one mentioning the Paw Patrol. It is everywhere. I can't even go to grocery store with my sons because they want to buy a joghurts with Chase and Rubble....oh my god :D

:D Here in this country, there is no translation for this, so we don't know Paw Petrol. But it sounds to be a great series :)

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2021

For my daughter, though I watched them with her:

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (TV Series 2010–2020) - IMDbMulan | Disney Movies

From my childhood:

Dungeons & Dragons (TV series) - Wikipedia

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

I remember the D&D show!  That was a lot of fun!

Like Dharma Ramos likes this

Wao, I didn't know, that D&D had a show!!!! I'm starting to be a DM and start to learn the D&D world :) so I'll absolutely will go after this :)

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro October 3, 2021

@Dharma Ramos Dungeons & Dragons, nostalgic! 😃✨👏

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2021

My daughter literally watched Alice in Wonderland soooo many times, we hid the video.  Ok, that was back when people watched VHS tapes.

Image result for alice in wonderland images

Me, I love Wiley E Coyote.

Image result for wile e coyote

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

I like talking about my children so this is the best Friday Fun topic ever for me :)

For my son the favourite one right now is Paw Patrol...I guess it is not necessary to share the image, because it is everywhere :D

I was quite sad last month because my older sone just wanted to watch the Paw Patrol and nothing else. So I bought and downloaded Around the World with Willy Fog. It was made in 1980s but it is so cool and my son loves it.

PAR61239_2D_WILLYFOG_COMPLETE.jpg

He also loves Kata and Skubanek (czech cartoon abou girl and her dog)

0037607859_Kata_a_Skub.jpg

I'm not sure what is my favourite cartoon but I think I always loved Once Upon a Time... Life

31568051_484f02.jpg

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 1, 2021

I loved cartoons as a kid, but none are as good as the animations you get now. Cant go past Pixar and Dreamworks.

megamind.jpgup.jpgcroods.jpgwall-e.jpg

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

1) paw patrol, my little pony  

download.jpegmylittle.jpeg

2) dragon ball, supercampeones

download (1).jpegdownload (2).jpeg

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2021

Here are mine

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2021

I used to have a bunch asterix books.

Me too :) and still :D 

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2021

Hi @Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_ 

My daughter, her idol is Lady Bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAHsGFpDaqA   

And mine was a mouse named Speedy Gonzalez, when he said come on, come on, come on (andale, andale, andale)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwhRxt5pgk

Cheers

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

@Vero Rivas I find that hilarious as my son is obsessed with Cat Noir!

Cat_Noir.jpg

Vronik October 2, 2021

My favorite cartoon is the Tasmanian Devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StG2u5qfFRg

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2021

My favorite growing up was looney tunes.

looney-tunes

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2021

Hi all!

My daughters have been able to watch 100 times all the episodes of Peppa Pig, Doraemon, Pocoyo, Paw patrol, they like the minnions movies...like almost all children I guess!

Peppa Pig.png

My favorite cartoons were Superchampions, dragon ball, some movies like the little mermaid...and I admit that now I love to watch the simpsons.

Los simpsons.png

Like # people like this

I loveeeee Simpsons as well, hahaha!

It's so clever.

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

There's so many good ones to choose from there were proper classics such as Popeye, The Flinstones and Winnie the Pooh, then there's Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, and so many more!

This nostalgia is making me want to watch them all again, never too old for cartoons!

Like # people like this

Yeah, never too old!

(Besides cartoons, my other favourite  - and my next topic will be - board games :) .. I think I'll never grow up :) )

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

Ooh board games are good one!!!

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Thanx to this thread I'm going back in time! So many wonderful cartoons back then:

• Bravestarr
  • Saber rider and the star sheriffs
  • M.A.S.K.
  • T.M.N.T.
  • Captain Planet
  • Pinky and Brain
  • and so maaaany moooore! 
Like # people like this

OMG, Captain Planet, yeah :) 
Soo good, to see these cartoons were multinational :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events