Friday Fun: Can you guess where I am?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 25, 2020

For today's Friday Fun, inspired by Katie from Air B&B, we are doing a treasure hunt!

Below is a cropped photo of a famous location somewhere in the world. Can you guess where it is?

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 10.37.22 AM.png

The person who guesses right gets to go next, so get your photos ready. 

Thanks to @Laura for the game idea!

20 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

Trevi fountain in Rome?

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

I was going to say the same thing, in the limited world traveling I have done that is one place I have actually visited.

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 25, 2020

This is also my guess!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 25, 2020

@John Funk you (and Jimmy and Darline) are all correct! You get to pick the next picture though!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Have only be there once and it was back in January of this year  lol

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

It's definately on my "want to go" list. Sorry, I couldn't resist that quick check... LOL

IMG_9DAD0F5AC576-1.jpeg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 25, 2020

I'm deputizing @Jimmy Seddon since @John Funk hasn't posted a pic yet... lol

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

fountain in my back yard.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 25, 2020

lol 

Laura
Community Manager
September 25, 2020

Trevi fountain! Love this game. It reminds me of one I played during a virtual happy hour where they show a google maps view and you guess where in the world it is. 

Here's the link in case anyone needs a new virtual happy hour game! https://www.geoguessr.com/ 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Picture 2!!

Closeup.png

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

One of the smaller pyramids at Giza?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Tough one @John Funk ... I'm going to agree with @Esther Strom because I can't think of anything and and that guess seems reasonable.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Pyramid of Kheops

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

Yes the Queen’s pyramid at Giza! 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Picture #3

20190408_194259.jpg

Like Veronique DUFOUR likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

That's the Bellagio in Vegas, isn't it? I was supposed to stay there for Summit in March; it would have been my first trip to Vegas :(

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

@Esther Strom you nailed that one!  That was from the 2019 Summit (as I said I don't get out much).

Feel free to post the next one!

Like Liam Green likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Woohoo! (I don't get out much either; I only recognized it because I did so much GIS'ing back in February before things were canceled.)

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Picture #4

IMG_20180906_144133.jpg

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Park Guell in Barcelona?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Agreed

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Yeah, I figured as soon as I posted that it was going to be easy... I'm guessing at least some of you were there the same time I was! (Summit 2018.)

@Ivan Lima you're next!

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

I've never been to Barcelona, but one of my favourite songs, Maçã, which means "Apple" in Portuguese, was recorded at Park Guell by Djavan, who is also one of my favourite songwriters and musician. As soon as I saw this picture, I related it to the video.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Picture #5

IMG_1184.jpg

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

Possibly San Diego, CA?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

Correct. La Jolla in San Diego. Stunning place and I’m glad the there is no such thing as “digital smell”.

It looks like you’re the next one. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

From one of my travels...

209EFFA5-31AB-4E7A-9B3B-03D87DA08F5E.jpeg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

Central Park, Manhattan!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

Yes indeed!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

Must admit the works of Charles Dodgson are a favourite of mine, so I stumble into things like this more than most.  That sculpture was not there last time I visited NY, but it's on the list for 2023.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

This one might be a challenge - where is "The house that Jack built"?

thtjb1.jpegthtjb2.jpeg

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - I feel like this is somewhere in England (or the UK if I'm wrong), but I really don't know where!

@Monique vdB - I love this game!!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

Maybe Cherrington in Shropshire England? Just a guess based on my google investigation on the origins of the children’s rhyme.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 28, 2020

This is hard to Google! @Ivan Lima does your Google lens work on this one?

Otherwise we might need another clue @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Like Ivan Lima likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

I tried Google Lens on this and got photos of churches (the top photo) and coins (the bottom photo). Not at all helpful! Definitely need a clue, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

It is very very obscure, I admit, but that's the challenge, right?

The building is flanked by a couple of old coaching inns, one late 16th century and a larger one built in in the mid-1600's by a supporter of Sir Francis Drake and still carrying the name of "The (Golden) Hind".  The House that Jack built is, obviously, 250 years younger.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

Well that hint did the trick! Wellingborough, England at 37 Sheep St. I think I got a full mani-pedi done there once. 😉

FB04CD6B-77DC-4843-84F4-161632009F6E.jpeg

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

Good question, @Monique vdB. I was not even bothered to try Google Lens for this one because I figured it would be a "google-proof" type of challenge.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

Now, assuming I am correct (Nic?) I’m going to nominate @Laura since I have already posted.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

....or @Ivan Lima please jump in with an image!

Like # people like this
Laura
Community Manager
September 29, 2020

You got it @Jack Brickey ! 

Here's a pic from an Atlassian business trip a few years back...

guess_where.jpg

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2020

Oh, that's beautiful! I cheated with GIS; I'll wait to see if anyone else knows the answer honestly :)

Like Laura likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

Going back to my picture - yes @Jack Brickey  it's Wellingborough.  5 minutes walk from my house.  I use it as an example of how people fail to look up - most of the locals have no idea it's there, I noticed it the day I moved here.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

Looks like a wonderful area @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- . Hopefully one day I will get to visit and we can meet a the local pub.

Like John Funk likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2020

OK, it's been a week and I haven't seen an answer, so here's mine. It's one part of the National Maritime Museum in Gdansk, Poland.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 5, 2020

Oh wow! looks like you got it @Esther Strom, stump us!

Phil Vitale October 1, 2020

Is it Rome or Vegas?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 5, 2020

@Phil Vitale yes the original post was the Trevi Fountain! Esther's gonna try and stump us next. 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

(Original one was unfair since it wasn't a permanent part of the location; if anyone saw it before I changed it, it was a yarn-bombed window at Blarney Castle.)

2020-10-06 11_40_25-Photo in Disney2018 - Google Photos.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

Somewhere in the Crochet Islands? ;-)

this is going to be tough!!!

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

You're too fast, @Jack Brickey ! I changed it; I figured it wasn't fair since the photo was one I took last year and might not have been part of the site for more than a week.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

that was my second guess!

maybe Epcot but there are a number of geo-domes around so...

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 6, 2020

My guess is Epcot too!

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

I'm really bad at this! Yes, it's Epcot. @Jack Brickey you're up.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

Ok so hopefully this is hard but someone can still figure it out. I visited here during a business trip many years ago and hope to return. If no one gets it within a couple days I can expose a bit more of the photo.

DE23B59A-7F5C-4A86-AD79-D5D5B83316E8.jpeg

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

@Jack Brickey is that the Guinness factory in Dublin?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Ah another lover of Guinness possibly? Indeed it is!!

stump us Liam.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

I was just there last summer! Can't believe I didn't recognize it.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2020

I do enjoy a Guinness Jack, yes.

@Esther Strom I was there last year (early summer) too - it had been about 12 years since my previous visit, but the tour was as good as ever

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2020

I think my photo will be far too easy - but it's very special to me as it was the first time my fianceé and I left our home continent together.  I've cropped to make it a bit harder but I'm sure someone will be getting it very quickly!

145176887_10156726400080050_2498407386893516800_n.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Brooklyn Bridge?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2020

Correct @John Funk - I did say it was easy!

I know you've done this already John but do you want another go?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

This one is likely easy also.
Untitled.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 8, 2020

Um... it's.... the.... yeah, no idea. Is it one of those tall buildings in Dubai?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Nope

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Is that Finn the Human from Adventure Time? 

finn.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

haha  nope

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Oh! Oh! I think I have that t-shirt!

Is it the Batthulu building in Arkham? ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H

Is it the Batman building in Nashville?   (Not a clue of the real name, only the nickname)

Like Cheri Hansen likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Yes it is Nic! AT&T building in my home town 😊

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 9, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- you're up again! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2020

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-08 at 20.58.26.jpeg

So, as @Monique vdB says I get another go, here's one from a holiday (yes, please do ignore Chrissy's hair at the left, the other photos from this walk were fuzzier, less green or had even more of my family in them). 

I thought a landscape would be a change from the buildings we've seen so far.  But I know that landscapes are much harder to place, especially when there is nothing peculiarly distinctive in them, like a unique building.  So a small clue is that if you can work out what nuclear reactors are in the photo, we're around 20 miles from them...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2020

Oh, and I'm looking for the name of the hill / park we're in before I'll admit you've found us.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2020

I’m thinking this is Collard Hill. I saw a BBC bit on the blue butterfly 🦋 several years back on BBC and this looks like that area.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2020

I like the thinking, I was ambling around there a few years back (I'm one of those people who bought a lifetime National Trust membership and probably used it so much, I made it worth it within half a decade)  

But no, Street doesn't have that view of the Atlantic or that many nukes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

Just noticed that I never answered this one.

We're looking South, over the river Kent (which is nowhere near Kent) to the Heysham nuclear reactors, while standing on Scout Scar in the Lake District.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2020

It was Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi from Rome, Italy

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2021

Wow!

I have not known like this game maybe better to have time to like this game during zoom call. 

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2021

Hey,

It was a pretty nice place.

It was Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi from Rome, Italy

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Harsh Tandon likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

Love this game. I was checking some old Friday-Fun Posts and came to this thread.

Can you guess this place?

1630698433911.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 3, 2021

Aw yes, thank you for bringing it back up @Suvradip Paul! I am going to randomly guess the British library. It looks like an old-timey European library to me!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

No sorry @Monique vdB  it's not library. But thanks for guessing. 

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2021

@Monique vdB   - I can give a hint. A movie set was created in studios with references and photos from this place.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 8, 2021

@Suvradip Paul the Da Vinci Code? Harry Potter? I keep thinking Europe! I'm going to call in reinforcements....

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

Oh, I think I know, I've had dinner with old school friends there a couple of times, if I'm recognising the right one.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

I've also eaten there, many years ago.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2021

@Monique vdB - You are on right way ! It's based in UK. I am giving another clue.

@Esther Strom , @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  - Your guess please. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Christ Church College dining hall, at Oxford university.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events