Friday Fun: Can you guess the lie?

Stephanie Grice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 7, 2019

detective_clipart.png

Happy Friday, y’all! This is my first ever Friday Fun post and I want to play a little game called “Two Truths and a Lie.” For those of you who haven’t played this before, it’s simple: post three things about yourself, one of which is NOT true, and let the rest of the community take their best guess at identifying the false fact!

We’ve actually done this one before, but it's been a few years and we have a lot of new faces in this community :)

Here are mine:

1. I have three chickens and one duck

2. I made a guest appearance on Sesame Street as a child

3. My karaoke ‘stage name’ is Skippy

Your turn!

27 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 7, 2019

1. I have now been to four Atlassian offices: San Francisco, Mountain View, Austin, and Sydney.

2. I grew up with one sister, but as an adult I met two more half-sisters and one half-brother, along with my sister's half-sister and half-brother. My family tree is basically a squiggle. 

3. I've read 80 books so far this year. 

Like # people like this
Stephanie Grice
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

Hmmmmm, these all seem quite possible. I don't think you've been down to the Mountain View office though ... I think #1 is the lie!

Like # people like this
JUDY
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

I'm going to guess #1 too but only because that one seems the 'easiest' lol. 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

I'm with @Stephanie Grice here, but by elimination - 2 is far too detailed compared with the others, and I seem to remember you are a bookworm (not a .303 bookworm though), so that rings of a truth.

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2019

I'm going with 1 being the lie. Maybe you have missed visiting one of the US offices.

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Plus one to #1! I don't think you've been to the MTV office either hehehe

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

You people know me too well!  

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

I like your style a lot @Monique vdB ! Those are so detailed that anyone of them could be a lie with a minor adjustment in a fact or figure.

You’ve never been to MTV? 😵

That is an awesome family tree!! I do love how your parents met though.... you should do that one next time. People just wouldn’t believe it. Magical story!! 🇳🇱😍👏

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

#2 is a crazy fact and congrats with #3 I'm not anywhere close to that.

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I have listened to half that many books this year...does that still count as reading them. I try to convince my wife it does ha ha.

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2019

@Bryan Trummer Our local library has "Audiobooks are not cheating" posters all over. So I think it counts.

Like # people like this
Celina Zamora November 8, 2019

#1...I'm going with no Mountain View. 

Like # people like this
Shaun Sheehan November 8, 2019

80 books in a year = amazing, if true.  I am still trying to meet my Goodreads challenge of 24 for the year! 

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I read 4-6 books on average each and every evening... many of them for the N’th time!

if I am not mistaken Queen Mo 👸🏻 has very similar evenings to me....! 😍👍

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 11, 2019

@Bryan Trummer Audiobooks totally count! 

@Andy - PTC Redundant it's true, I don't even count re-reads because I am a big re-reader.

#1 is the lie, @Celina Zamora you're right. 

@Shaun Sheehan my goal for the year was 75 books and completing the Read Harder Challenge, which I did! I am a notorious bookworm. How close are you to your goal?

Like # people like this
Shaun Sheehan November 12, 2019

@Monique vdB - That is AWESOME. I am only on 17.  But I have been listening to a lot more podcasts and watching documentaries and other how to's on YouTube.  I gave up cable this year because I found so much better content elsewhere. 

@Andy - PTC Redundant - Wait...what? How???  Do you sleep? 😵 You must be a speed reader! 

Like # people like this
Jessica Cabrera November 14, 2019

Hi @Monique vdB 

I think the lie must be number 2. It is too unreal.

great game :) 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 14, 2019

Hahah @Jessica Cabrera nope it's correct! My sister and I were both adopted and it turns out our father had a child we didn't know about, and then we started finding biological relatives. Crazy times!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

@Monique vdB WOW! Not even counting the re-reads!

@Shaun Sheehan This answer will really dissapoint you..... I am reading those books to my kids. Each one takes about 3-4 mins max. Hah hah! 

Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

Ooooh! This is fun.

1. My real name is Cassandra

2. I have two dogs

3. I have two small children 

Which one is the lie? 

Like # people like this
JUDY
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

Is it #2?  Maybe you only have 1 dog vs 2 dogs? 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

It's #1, obviously your real name is Dr. Cakes. 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

Ooo! I guess #1. Is your name actually Casandra with one 's'?

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

I'm with Bianca on this!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

What a great way to get to know people on Community!!! I haven’t a clue in this one....

but as your team mates aren’t calling out 2 and 3, through process of elimination it must be number 1!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I'm going to jump on the #1 band wagon

Like # people like this
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

#1 for me, just like everyone :) 

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

#1 as well.

Like # people like this

Casssssssaaaandra ;) 

#2, hands down.

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2019

Let me try to be different from others here, whether or not its true, 

Looking at an option which no 1 has picked yet, am gonna go with option 3... yaaayyyyy

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2019

Detective Barker discovered something epic during his investigations of "Cassandra" Mayes.... this B Movie staring Ewan "Jimmy" McGregor and Colin "FunManAndy" Farrell!

Check the boat! HILARIOUS ! ! ! :oD

#Cassandra'sDream

CassandrasDream.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant this is amazing!  I love it!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

OMG Andy that movie cover of you and Jimmy is the best! LOL

Like # people like this
Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
November 11, 2019

The lie is #2! I only have one dog. Her name is Gabby :) 

You all made me laugh so hard on this thread. So fun

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2019

@Cassie Mayes I think we need a picture of the pup posted ;)

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

Glad you liked it guys! I was feeling most creative in that moment. Hahaha!

JUDY
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

@Stephanie Grice yours are hard and all very interesting. i'm going to guess that #3 is a lie?!  If I'm right, I'd love to hear more about #1 and #2, ha!

Mine:

1. I have a fear of aquariums, which stems for being claustrophobic. 
  2. I have 5 siblings, and I'm the only girl.
  3. I have left FRIENDS (TV Show) on every night before I go to bed for the last 20 years. 
Like # people like this
Stephanie Grice
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

Ohhhhh! I think #2 is the lie. 

Would not be surprised if @Celina Zamora watches Friends every night, too, btw... assuming that is true, of course! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

I'm going to guess #3 and that you leave on a different show. But what show is as comforting as Friends? I would say The Office but that's only been on for 15 years. 

Okay changing to #2. I think you have all sisters!

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

I'm going to say #3 and that you've left it on only ever night before bed for the last 10 years

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

#3!

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I will say #3 too

Ha! True story. @Stephanie Grice 

#2...because I need someone to love Friends like I do. Lol. 

Like # people like this
JUDY
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2019

#2 is a lie! I am actually an only child! 

@Celina Zamora I love that you also fall asleep to FRIENDS!! It is literally my security blanket.  This habit will probably live on forever and forever. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

I love this so much, what are you going to do when they take it off netflix!? or do you watch it on youtube?

JUDY
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc i have all the seasons on DVD! but i think i may sign up for the new warner brothers streaming service when the time comes. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2019

Thank goodness! I had heard that Friends just cancelled their contract with Netflix so I was hoping that is not what you were using every night :)

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2019
  1. I have taken "moon jump" giant steps helped by a bunch of helium balloons and the wind.
  2. There is a YouTube video with me singing and doing actions from a song I learnt in primary school, as an adult.
  3. I can't get by without coffee in the mornings.
Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

Guessing 3 is the lie and you drink tea or mead or something! 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

I was thinking the SAME thing as @Monique vdB - you're a tea drinker! (Isn't there a friday fun about tea somewhere... *searches community posts* )

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 7, 2019

Drinking mead every morning!? Wrong series - New Zealand is more Hobbit-esque.

Image result for mead drinking

I have talked about tea in community posts a few times.

Like Boris MBOUMEHANG likes this

...."searches youtube to find said video" Lol. I'm going with #3.

If #2 is true, we need a link! :D 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

Yes we need a video for number 1 as well :)

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

1. I had a pet chicken named "Tigirl"

2. My first language was French.

3. I have 9 female cousins. 

Also @Stephanie Grice I'm going to say #1 is a lie - I haven't seen any photos of a duck!

Like # people like this
JUDY
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

Hmmmm.  My first thought is, how come your team has (or potentially has) so many pet chickens/ducks, LOL.

I'm going to say #2 because it is the least specific?! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

Going to guess #2 because as a Southern Californian, you probably learned Spanish!

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

I'm going with #2 as well!

Like # people like this

ohhhhh girl, I want to hear about this chicken. I'm going with #2.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I join my predecessors and say #2 is a lie!

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2019

ok ok, my first language was Spanish. Gold star winners!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

Please post a photo of Tigirl! :)

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2019

I'll see if I can find one!

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

OK here goes. 

1. I speak fluent Italian.

2. I'm distantly related to Bob Ross by marriage (Husbands dad's third cousin)

3. I've met Billy Idol, Angelica Houston, Robin Williams, Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley, and Doc from the Love Boat. 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

I am going with #1.... I feel like it is something that would’ve appeared on the Who Who’s post.

Also I badly want #2 to be true!

and #3 seems really plausible.... although one name could be the lie.

Actually.... I’m going with 3 !!!!

Now you can respond in fluent Italian with the answer 😝

Like # people like this

oh em gee...please don't let the lie be #2 and #3 because that's amazing. I am going with #1. Also @Russell Zera FYI on the Bob Ross. ;) 

Like # people like this
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

So many great things here! I am going with #3 because while I just have a strong feeling many of those are absolutely true, I love psychology and the human temptation to do a list and have one false or slightly false item in a list of true items, and the inception effect to elevate the game (in this example, the "4 truths and a lie within 2 truths and a lie")

And Yay for the fact that Bob Ross is making a come-back globally right now! I had no idea I was actually ahead of a trend when I chose being Bob Ross at Summit! 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2019

I'm going with #2 bc I feel like it's too specific to throw us off!

Like # people like this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I think you speak italian, so it's not like #1...
#3 seems too beautiful to be true, so I say #3 :) 

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
November 8, 2019

E vero che parlo l'italiano! Ero studentessa a Firenze il quarto anno di universita, e perche ci'ho una facilita per le lingue, l'iltaliano non e mai uschito della mia menta. :D

@BiancaE is the winner! No relation to Bob Ross but it would be awesome if I were. 

I worked at a luxury mountain resort hotel in high school near LA, so we got a lot of celebrities up there, which is where I met Billy Idol and minor tv stars from the 80's (they filmed up there a lot). Oh ya I forgot Christopher Walken too!  When I worked at the San Francisco Art Institute, Angelica Huston was a donor as was Robin Williams so they came to the anniversary gala I coordinated. 

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2019

Woohoo! Gold star for me :) 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

So good! Loved all three answers :)

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2019

I went with the main ones I could think of on the last thread, and I'm not that interesting even before the couple of quirks, but one of my friends suggested a theme that might be mildly interesting yesterday, so here goes:

I have "felt at home" in several places.  There is a strong correlation with "where my family is", but the point of 2 truths/1 lie is that over the last <mumble> years, I haved lived, or still do, on:

• A graveyard
  • A gravel pit/quarry
  • An iron mine
Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 7, 2019

Ooooh. Okay a quarry and a mine are similar so I'm guessing #3 is the lie. 

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 7, 2019

My guess is #2

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

Quarries in the UK are pretty much always off limits, so no one would build on them.... unless your parents worked a quarry when you were young and lived on site....??

im still going with #2 

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

And if number 2 is true.... I can’t wait to follow you around summit with an 80s ghetto blaster, blasting this:

https://youtu.be/Of-lpfsBR8U

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I'm going to guess #3 as well.  There was a gravel pit/quarry near where I grew up.  It has since been exhausted and they have started residential development there.

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

Oooo I am thinking #2.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

It is #2.  My grandfather bought a house built in an old quarry, hence the "distractor" option.  But I never lived there.

I have lived on "Ferrestone Road", named after the iron ore that used to be under it.  And I'm typing this from a school hall that was built in the graveyard of a chapel.  (Don't worry, the graves were relocated, the only dead things under this house are the rodents my old cat took there to build alters to Bastis)

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2019

But I still live in a graveyard...  I see dead people....  I should stop watching Stephen King and Shaymalan films and go back to Hellraiser and Insidious, right?

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

@Stephanie Grice : Detective Barker does not see mention of a duck in the Who’s Who !!! 🦆🚫🤩

#1 is the lie

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

Lol I agree, it must be #1!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

This is a GREAT game. 🤩🌟👏

Us Barkers love to keep it in the family so to say.... it’s an exceptionally unique surname!!

1) I am related to every single other Barker in the world. I am definitely not related to any Tanners. 

2) Despite being such a thoroughly English word, it’s French of origin. The original family worked for the French royal family in the 16th century - who also loved to “keep it in the family”!

3) My sister didn’t have to change her name when marrying. Her husband is also a Barker and we are related! #Handy #Ooeeerrr #Incest 

Like # people like this
Christianne vd S November 8, 2019

Taking a large leap here but I'm thinking #1 is a lie. I find it quite difficult to believe that there is only one strain of Barker (I say this being the owner of a unique surname myself, and finding out in my family tree research that I am not related to everyone in my own family..!). And then even if that WERE true, the second sentence of that statement may not be true. (But as I said, I'm taking a leap there).

#2 seems rather specific - and it 'feels' factual. #3 isn't all that weird, I had a great aunt who did the same thing, but luckily they weren't even closely related.

I do wonder which one is false though!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I agree with @Christianne vd S, I think #1 might be the lie.

Like # people like this

Bwahahaha. I love these. Going with #1, because I'm Zamora...and I could say the same...but I'm not...sooooo yeah. ;) 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2019

Siding with Celina on this one.

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
November 8, 2019

I'm really hoping #3 is the lie but hey no judgment when it comes to crazy families!

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I think I'll vote for #2 as the lie, since no one else has -- perhaps the name "Barker" really is an English name.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

Also voting #1 is the lie!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

I think it is #1! Every single Barker in the world?!

Christianne vd S November 11, 2019

@Andy - PTC RedundantCan you deliver us the correct lie? I'm very curious now.

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2020

Alrighty.... I just found this under a pile of Community alerts so thank you all kindly for your patience and now time to get back on the case:

1) TRUTH: For as far as we know.... 
My father is an uber nerd and spent most of the 90s looking up both family history and family tree. 🤓🌴📚
This lead him into the path of other similar Barker nerds doing the same.
Thanks to that, a visit to Leiden in The Netherlands found a Mayflower plaque with the family name on! Wow! 🤯 (See photo below) These Barkers took the name to the new found land!
Overall, the nerd group concluded that there was one original Barker family many many centuries ago that we all "stem" from... which leads us to:

2 TRUTH: It is well documented that when the "Barker" family - responsible for all royal tanning - moved to England with the royal family there was a confusion between 'surname' and 'occupation' and the head of the family poorly explained the latter. As Tanner was a well known profession/name already and the English are massive snobs... they got given Barkers (as in, to remove and manipulate the oils from tree bark, a process in tanning)

[OK.. I'll be honest.. .these could be highly refuted and massively debatable... but, I've seen the file and folders my father and his nerd buddy's collected. It's quite conclusive.]

3) LIE - The families share the same name but my sister is not married to her boyfriend. In addition, my sis kept her name from her previous marriage to keep important documents in place, so technically not a Barker. We DO share a common ancestor from centuries ago and there's one famous story we all know, so that was a fun discovery!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-23 at 14.27.44.jpeg

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

Let's play my first friday fun game :) 

1. According to the top 10 movies on IMDb, I've just watched 3 of them.
  2. I've been on a mountain before that's higher than 4,000 meters (~13k ft).
  3. I haven't read a single book in the last three years.
Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I didn't even bother reading number 2 & 3 to know that #1 is a blatant lie, for two reasons:

a. Anyone who knows what IMDb is, is either a full-on movie buff or is on their way there and therefore the Top 10 is a priority to have watched. 4 or 5 was believable. 3 is just too low.

b. Lower case "b" ? You are definitely a movie buff!!!

That said.... hmmm. #3....?? no books in three years?

I reckon you are not counting kindle/e-reader editions... and therefore it's still technically true because you mean physical books.

Like # people like this
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I'm gonna go 1 cuz online lists of time movies are typically absurd and don't match what real good movies are.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

@Dominic Lagger welcome to the Friday fun party!

These are really good. I'm going to guess #3 is the lie. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

I think it's number 3!

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2019

I solve:

1. Truth: According to the top ten list, i've really just watched three of them "The Shawshank Redemption", "Inception" and "The Lord of the Ringsd"
  2. Lie: Although I live in the alps, I've never been on such a high mountain before
  3. Truth: I'm absolutely not a reader... no books and no e-readers. I'm more the view or hear typ

imdb_top10.png

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2020

Mind... blown.... ! That was a good one Dominic!

Like Dominic Lagger likes this

I love this game. I use it in my team as icebreakers and team building myself.

I'm guessing that your lie is #2 (Sesame Street) - I totally believe that having a duck is something to boast about and I can imagine Skippy being a karaoke stage name (very energetic perhaps?) but I'm not sure. Difficult!

Here are mine:

1. I have had more than 25 pet cats to date;

2. I can squat more than 113 kg/250 pounds;

3. My favourite film is Green Lantern.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

Considers getting out the Imperialist Conversion Tool, but reads #3 and realises 1 and 2 are so the truth..... I just cannot bring myself to believe 3#. 😜

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I agree with @Andy - PTC Redundant you may like Ryan Reynolds but no one liked the Green Lantern, not even him :P

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I am with @Jimmy Seddon. BTW, did you see the interview where Ryan Reynolds and Taika Waititi kept talking about finally meeting and being so excited to work together for the first time ever, completely deflecting any talk of Green Lantern? It was pretty funny.

Like # people like this

Ahhh, it was too obvious! Yep, #3 is a lie, my favourite 'superhero' is Christian Bale's Batman, and my favourite of the trilogy would be The Dark Knight.

Like # people like this

going with #3! and way to squat 250! I can squat 200 only :( 

Like # people like this
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

#3... No offense if you actually love it... but I had a hard time getting through it.

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

Thanks goodness it was #3! :)

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

@Stephanie Grice I love this game!!! I think the lie is #3, just because I want to pretent knowing a real movie star, and that nobody is kidding about chichens, right? ;)

Below is mine:

1. I have been president

2. I have already made a Kizomba demo on YouTube
PS: Kizomba is a dance, coming from Angola, known to express languor and sensuality.

3. I already had a goat, 3 cats and a puppy (for a day)

Guest what's the lie! :p 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I feel like #2 & #3 are very specific so I'm going to guess #1 but that's awesome if I'm wrong.

Like # people like this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I think #1 is the truth, because you can be president of any club, even a small football club or a dance club, which leads me to #2, which is also true.

Therefore, I think #3 is a lie.

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
November 8, 2019

I think #3 is a lie too :P

#1 and #2 are more likely to be the truth

Like # people like this
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2019

As you guessed @Dominic Lagger , I was the president of the Association of Cameroonian Students from Paris when I was student. so, #1 is true (I hope it is still awesome @Jimmy Seddon ! ;) ).

And I already had a goat (named Kiki, and that I raised until she escaped one day :( ), 3 cats (Ricky, Tommy and Samy, their mother) and a puppy (one morning, when I was a little boy, I found him barking in front of our house; but my parents found its real master, so could not keep it). So, #3 is also true @Poorvi Jhawar :)

So the lie is ... #2 ! But, not for so long, because I plan to make a Kizomba video soon (I LOVE dancing ;) ). 

Now, I guess you know me better now :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

This is awesome! @Stephanie Grice I'm going to guess #3.

As for my own:

1. I wish I lived on a farm

2. I love watermelon

3. I have more dogs than kids

Like # people like this
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

This one is pretty difficult to guess, but let's say #2 (because I want to believe that there is at least one people on earth that does not like watermelons :smile:)

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

Hmm, I don't remember any of these being talked about so I am going to guess #2 and that you actually love pineapple.

Like # people like this

ohhh we talked about this during our coffee chat! I'm going with #2. 

Like # people like this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

To make it fun I will say something else than all other answers :)

I'm gonna say #1 is wrong

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
November 8, 2019

I'm going to say #1 is a lie too :P

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

#2 was the lie, yes @Boris MBOUMEHANG I may be one of the only people on earth who hates watermelons.  @Bryan Trummer bonus points for remembering the great Hawaiian pizza debate that started in the 2019 Summit mobile app ;) 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

Please send me all your extra watermelon from your garden, I will gladly take it all :)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

@Stephanie Grice I think #3 is the lie. But with that being said I think that is an amazing karaoke name. Love this type of game so here we go.

#1 - I tried out to be the tour drum tech for the band 311 when they were first starting

#2 - I used to battle rap back in high school - think 8 mile with less spaghetti

#3 - I am a black belt in ninjitsu making me a literal ninja.

Like # people like this
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

#3 - it seems to be the odd man out here.

THESE ARE AMAZING @Bryan Trummer ! I'm going with #3

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2019

I'm going with #3 while I think you have the skills, I don't think you've quite earned your black belt yet :P

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

I really hope these are all true! I guess I'll go with #2 as the lie. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

You are very good at this game, I am going with #3 :)

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2019

#3 was the lie. I have achieved my green belt in ninjutsu so I am not a ninja and probably will never be.

#1 - I was early in my high school years when 311 who is from Omaha (my hometown) was setting up for a tour and looking for drum techs. I had been taking drum lessons for a year and so, so my dad knew somebody and it got my audition. Except I thought it was for another local band and not 311, so I was ill prepared. The audition went well but the tours would have been during the school year, so no tour for me. 

#2 - Yup, probably as part of my teenage angst from not being able to tour with 311, who ended up being bigger than anyone thought. I started rapping in school. That naturally turned into battle rapping during classes, study hall, before and after school. I did quite a few actual battle competitions, appeared on a few local mixtapes, and a couple of local artists albums. Even had our own group at school and I was ranked top 3 rappers in the school, which we had a big class so not too shabby. Sadly, I left the rap game and the bling bling behind a few years after high school. But that doesn't mean I lost my flow ha ha ha.

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

@Stephanie Grice I am going to guess #1, maybe the numbers are reversed???

As for mine:

1. I sat next to Elton John at a concert for 2 hours and didn't even realize who he was until he took the stage
  2. I once was in the audience to watch Korn, System of the Down, Kid Rock, and Metallica play live at the same time.
  3. I was a Mexican chef while in college
Like # people like this

#2 - I cannot imagine a gig or live music event where Kid Rock would be playing with metal bands! Especially not of that calibre.

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I want to say #1 on this.

I'm going with #3. If I'm wrong, I need proof...lol.

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

Were you a chef in a Mexican restaurant?

Or....

Did you change your nationality to Mexican and just worked as a chef in any type of restaurant....??

Like # people like this
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant HAHAHA! The plot thickens! 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I'm now thinking you changed your nationality to Indian, BUT... worked in a Mexican restaurant..... in CHINA TOWN ! ! ! 😜👏

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
November 8, 2019

it's gotta be #3 cuz that's the simplest one.

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

#1 is the lie. Two of the three being music related should have been a dead give away. I know who Elton John is! Haha

#2 - The Summer Sanitarium Tour July 8th 2000, Sparta Kentucky. James Hatfield has broke his leg the week before so they played a jam session with members of the other bands for almost 3 hours! At one point, there was 8 guitarist, 3 bassists, two drummers, and 5 vocalists playing songs from each bands catalog. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and yes, Kid Rock sang two different Metallica songs. Haha!

#3 - I worked for 3 1/2 years as a chef at Cozymel’s Mexican Grill in Knoxville, TN during college. I worked in various restaurants since I was 15. It was the best paying job I could get while being a full-time student and single parent. I make a mean fish taco and salsa!!! I also worked as a assistant chef in a seafood joint and a meat cutter at a steakhouse. 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

@Stephen Crandell I love all of these, and #1 was a great decoy story. 

Like Stephen Crandell likes this

@Stephanie Grice I know the answer to yours ;)

c4c8c2d42aaa8a25ddf98c9b078afd3e.jpg

Yesss, I love this game! Here are mine: 

1. I taught middle school Science. 
  2. I have 5 brothers. 
  3. I helped lead a Disneyland parade. 

Like # people like this
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

#2 is the lie and I am guessing but.....you have less than 5 brothers

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

I do not dare guess against #2... "Phenomenally Latina' 😜👍 but I think Stephen as the right idea about the total....
Tough one this ! 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

As  much as I want it to be true, I will pick #3 :)

Like Celina Zamora likes this
Celina Zamora November 11, 2019

So the lie is #2. I don't have 5 brothers :) @Jodi LeBlanc  I was a kid when I walked side by side with the parade master at Disney! 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2019

Wow Celina, what an incredible childhood experience, a precious memory you will have forever!

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2019

I need to ask you more questions and learn more about you @Stephanie Grice . I'm gonna guess #1 cuz I think the numbers might be off. but now I simply must know more!

Here are mine:

1. In High School I played in a parade by special invitation of Queen Elizabeth

2. I have had beers and hung out with Coolio, babysat Martina McBride's kids, had dinner with Cher, and had lunch with Pearl Jam

3. My wife's triathlon bike is worth the same amount as my car

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

#1 Band geek! That happened for sure.
#2 Roadie Band geek! Reckon you did a lot of touring back in the day. Coolio!? That means 90s !
#3 Liar, Liar, seat's on fire...! Your wife's bike is actually worth more than your car 👍😜🤑

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

@Russell Zera I think all of this is true except the bit about Cher, so #2 is the lie. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

I agree with Mo, #2!

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2020

Wow I just realized I never divulged the lie! sooooo... 

The lie is #3... my wife's bike is worth more than my car ( @Andy - PTC Redundant is the winner!) lol.
#2 is 100% legit! lol Sorry to disappoint @Monique vdB , @Jodi LeBlanc lol

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2020

Her super-bike :-) (Nicknamed the "Green Machine") 
Image may contain: 1 person, bicycle, sky and outdoor

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2020

@Russell Zera : Hot damn!
Look at that beast of a machine...!
You could have said "...worth more than my house and car combined" and it still wouldn't have been a lie. Excellently played though! 🏆🌟👏

Fun topic! Here are mine...

1. I had dinner with the Gipsy Kings 

2. I have traveled through South America in a van

3. I make metal and leather books as a hobby 

Like # people like this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

All three sounds pretty cool! 

I'm gonna say #1 is a lie. I don't know how famous the gipsy kings were in the US, but the band is a spanish band, right? Hmmm, I don't now but I stay with #1 is the lie! 

@Dominic Lagger .... Believe it or not, they are from the south of France!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

@Shaun Sheehan in that case I'm guessing you traveled around Europe in a van which is when you hung out with the Gipsy Kings in the south of France. So #2 is the lie!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

#3!

Shaun Sheehan November 11, 2019
Like # people like this
Shaun Sheehan November 11, 2019

@Monique vdB ... you are correct, but I met them after a concert in the US and I have traveled Europe, but not in a van.  #2 is a wish that has yet to come true! 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2019

Wow Shaun, that book you made is gorgeous!!

Like Shaun Sheehan likes this
Shaun Sheehan November 18, 2019

Thank you, @Jodi LeBlanc  - it was a lot of fun to make. 

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
November 8, 2019

@Stephanie Grice  Fantastic idea! :)

Here's mine:

- I love mangoes

- I'm a vegetarian

- I've studied finance and accounting as my major

Like # people like this
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2019

This one is not simple! In fact, I think #1 or #2 is the lie, as I visited your LinkedIn profile to check #3 (sorry :p ). 

Only because I want to prentend knowing somebody who does not like mangoes, I will say #1 is the lie.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

I was going to guess #3 but then Boris did his fact-checking! I guess I'll stick with it though :) 

Like Boris MBOUMEHANG likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

My guess is #2!

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
November 10, 2019

#1 is a lie :P 

I don't like mangoes :')

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2019

Oh my! I love this, great Friday-Fun topic :)

Okay here are mine:

1) I came 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in a photo contest.

2) My favourite fruit is Dragon Fruit.

3) I organized an event with a famous astronaut with over 1100 in-person participants and 35 video-conference sites across Canada.

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 9, 2019

#2 is my guess. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2019

#3 seems way too detailed to be fake.  Just to be different I'm going to say #1.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 10, 2019

I agree that #3 seems too specific to be fake. Guessing #2 too!

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2019

#2 is my guess too.

For #1 and #3, I think you can easily achieve them taking in account your superpowers :-)

Chris Whitehead November 14, 2019

I agree #2 is the lie!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2019

Great guesses, #1 is the lie! I came first and second and my husband came third in the photo contest - they called it the LeBlanc sweep. I am newly obsessed with Dragon Fruit, it was my go-to breakfast item while on the road the past 8 weeks. Watermelon was always my favourite, but now it is my second favourite fruit. 

IMG_6998 (3).jpg

Great idea for a game, here's mine:

1) I don't drink tea or coffee

2) In my spare time, I narrate audiobooks. 

3) Despite my profile photograph, my beard is actually longer than my neckline, I just kept growing it! 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 14, 2019

@Chris Whitehead okay I'm going to guess #2 is the lie and you came up with it because we were discussing audiobooks.

Interesting assessment @Monique vdB - I won't say if your guess is correct just yet but what I will say is that I hadn't read those specific comments you refer to.  I guess audiobooks must have been on my mind for a different reason...  

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 14, 2019

Oooh the plot thickens @Chris Whitehead 

Like # people like this
Chris Whitehead November 19, 2019

Looks like nobody else wants to guess so I'll say yes, you are correct @Monique vdB but I came up with the lie because it is something I am planning to start at some point next year, once my family and I have moved house.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 19, 2019

@Chris Whitehead that'a so cool! 

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2019

Better late than never, here are mine.

1) I like to ski. 

2) I like to snowshoe. 

3) I love the cold. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 20, 2019

I don' think you have to be cold to like 1 and 2 when you are dressed suitably so I'm going to guess 3.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 20, 2019

Snowshoeing feels pointless so I will vote 2. Hahaha. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 20, 2019

(If 2 is real please explain the joys of trudging through snow to this California girl.) 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2019

@Monique vdB I'm not saying I'm a fan of snowshoes or even going outside in the winter here.  But my understanding is that snowshoes help you trudge "on top of" the snow instead of through it.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2019

Snowshoes allow you to get places that cross country skis and other winter travel devices will not or cannot take you.  We often get tons of snow in the winter in Idaho especially in the mountains.  I like backpacking all season long and snow shows allow you to do this when there is 18 feet of snow and you want to reach a backwoods destination.  Some places fun to visit in the winter are natural hot springs in the mountains or lakes in the early spring when there is still a lot of snow but the temperatures are rising. 

Yes I am not a fan of the cold.trail-creek2.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 21, 2019

@Brant Schroeder okay this makes sense! When we go to the mountains and it's snowy I stay inside and play board games. Or I sit in a hot tub and let the snow drift onto me. I do not do the snowshoe thing. But like if there was a cool owl in the forest I could see only if I snowshoed, I would do it! 

Like # people like this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2019

1. I am allergic to dogs and work from home with 4 dogs.

2. I've lived in 4 states, 3 countries, and 2 hemispheres

3. I love working out and getting ready for big physical challenges. 

:) 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2019

I think number one is a lie, and you are allergic to dogs and work from home with 3 dogs :)

Like # people like this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2019
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2019

OMG @Jeff Tillett what a beautiful family!!

Like # people like this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

2 is a lie! lol

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

I was born in Germany, moved to Michigan, US, then Washington State, US, then to Panama City, Panama, then back to Maryland, US, then Texas, US. 

4 States, 3 countries, 2 hemisphere's. :)

Does this mean I win the game? LOL

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

This thread is awesome!

Here go mine :D

1. I've had 12 different addresses in the last 10 years
  2. I've been 12 times in surgery
  3. I'm the 12th grandson to my only living grandma

(side note, I love number 12 😄)

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

#3 I'm the 12th grandson to my only living grandma

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

💥spot on ;)

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

1. I lived in Alaska growing up

2. I lived in Australia growing up

3. I lived in Germany growing up

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

uHuhh nice!

I'm going to say #2 is the lie

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

#2 is True.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 11, 2020

@Tim Keyes then it's definitely #1 because if you had made up #3 you would have used another country that begins with an A. Unless that's what you want us to think! Hmm....

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2020

#1 is True.

I spent 4 years in Fairbanks, Alaska.  We lived on a river where the sled dog races would sometimes pass by and we often found moose in our front yard in the winter.

I spent 2 years in Sydney, Australia growing up, but do not remember much outside of a kangaroo stealing my tomato sandwich at one of the parks. 

I recently went to Oktoberfest but did not grow up in Germany!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 14, 2020

Augh! I am bad at guessing. Or you are good at misdirecting :) 

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

@Tim Keyes : technically #2 is still partially a lie.

One does not "live" in Australia... one SURVIVES! 😝

#OZtralia

OZtralia.jpg

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events