Friday Fun: Birthday party edition 🥳

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

Happy Friday at All!

After a big birthday party (actually I worked) and than some family members surprised me with a big dinner and cake until I finally fell asleep on the sofa really late in the night.  

Birthday Party GIF

How are you celebrating your birthday? 

• Relax & alone?Comedy Central Eating GIF by Broad City
  • Family?
    mine speak now birthday party GIF by Taylor Swift
  • Ignore birthday?
  • Doing sport?

Let us know!

Isn't it funny that we it is totally different for the birthday when we are kids, teens and later? I remember when I was 7 years old and all I wanted were the presents....😅 Now it's like yeah let me sleep 😁

12 comments

Comment

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

This is such a great post and happy we get to share the same special day!! Today is also my birthday and turning the big 30 😳 

I enjoy time with family and keeping it low-key 😌

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

Wohoo - happy birthday @Andrew Kendris 

Happy Birthday Dance GIF

Like Andrew Kendris likes this
Isha February 7, 2022

Happy belated birthday @Andrew Kendris ! I hope you had a relaxing and extra special birthday weekend.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

Happy Belated Birthday @Andrew Kendris!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

My birthday is smack in the middle of April, which usually coincides with Passover. Matzah and cake are the antithesis of each other. Growing up I felt like this…

As an adult though my birthday has become just another one of the other 365/6 days of the year and I have little attachment to the day. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

aww... sorry to hear that @Andy Gladstone :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

I am kind of like @Andy Gladstone  - it's mostly just another day now that I am older. But whomever in the family happens to be home at the time (we are empty nesters so it is often just me and my wife) we go out for dinner and the birthday person gets to choose the restaurant. 

Then there is usually cake or some othe type of dessert, I actually usually get peach cobbler or cookies made by my wife. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

@John Funk what do you choose as the restaurant?

Prashant Sultania
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2022

Unfortunately it's been longtime never celebrated birthday. Mostly spend my time in office or sleeping at home. 

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

But sleep sounds good to me!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

I love to start my birthday with some alone time to work on some projects (woodworking, etc.)  and end the day with family & friends. Nothing too exciting, maybe grilling out and a cold beverage in hand.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

I need to go visit Jack on his next birthday

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

@Jack Brickey This sounds like a fantastic time!

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

You forgot to mention the awesome song they were singing when they surprised you at the door while we were on the phone 😉☺️

I usually start THE day with a run and a long breakfast, so a day off with time for myself, a short city trip and shopping. ☺️

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

😂 forgot the song because I was so shocked 😱

Shopping & Sport - great combination! 💪

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

Love this!

When it comes to celebrating my birthday, I love hosting a large gathering.

Aside from my birthday and happy hours, I'm usually too busy to plan anything!

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

Feel you! I always plan baking an awesome cake…. it never happens 🤷🏻‍♀️

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

We usually just go out to eat as a family nowadays. And I try to get down to my "birthday weight" just before my birthday :) I´ve done that last 2 years and plan to do it again this year. It is just a number that I'd like to be at when my birthday rolls around.

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2022

That‘s a really good idea @Kristján Geir Mathiesen  - I will definitely pick this idea as my shape is turning more and more into a ball 😂

Willy Sparks February 9, 2022

Happy belated birthday

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

I'm sorry I'm late to the party on this one.  Happy Belated Birthday @Fabienne Gerhard!

Ok, when I was younger every birthday involved going to the Go-Kart track.  When my son was born the logistics just weren't there to pull it off.  Also his birthday is 2 weeks away from mine.

Now, my birthday is much like @Jack Brickey's, we have a few friends over and I cook on the BBQ.

My son is getting old enough now that we could take him in the two seater go-karts and I think my wife would be ok with that!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2022

Well like others, I'm way too old to celebrate birthdays. However, we will always find family or friends to have a cookout or go out to dinner for fun and laughter.

AC0C40C8-95F7-48EF-9C24-028286EDB10D.gif

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events