Friday Fun: Best childhood present! (Name it)

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

26ATARI1-master1050-v2.gif

I always enjoy hearing stories. Especially those around the holiday season and people remembering their most memorable gifts. For many, it was a Dirt Bike, a skateboard, a Barbie Dream House, an Easy Bake Oven or a surprise Disneyland vacation. 

Please comment below and share your best childhood present! 

P.S. Has anyone received the console above as a present? :)

5 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 20, 2018

My parents are notorious for terrible Christmas giving. A couple of years ago they gave me a TV guide crossword puzzle book from 1985, and my grandmother had already done half of the crosswords. Not half as in she'd finished half of them, but half as in she'd put in half the answers on every crossword.

One year I did get an "international" Cabbage Patch kid from Holland, with a passport and little wooden shoes. I was sad her hair wasn't long, but I loved her anyway and named her Desirée. My daughter found Desirée in my parents' house last year and this year Santa brought her a Christmas dress. Ah, the magic of Christmas! 🎄

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 12.16.11 PM.png

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

I have one of those consoles in my garage I think, from a junque sale over twenty years ago.

One of my best presents was a Vertibird. This little helicopter on a rod toy was so much fun I bought one to play with my own children some years ago. The cat loved it too.

Like LarryBrock likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

And now they cost too much to be an easy buy on Ebay. Ah well.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2019

Had one of those myself @Matt Doar - hours and hours of fun!!

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2018

I remember one of my favorite presents I ever received from my parents was a Starter bomber jacket. I wanted a Florida Marlins one or a Chicago White Sox one but my parents couldn't find either. So......they got me a San Jose Sharks jacket and a Florida Marlins hat because the colors and mascots kind of matched. I thought I was the coolest kid at school when we went back!

Deleted user January 2, 2019

I remember getting this as a child and loving it:

Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2019

Does a PS1 count!? 

My word Crash Bandicoot was difficult at the time!

best-ps1-games-header-sony-playstation-ps1

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Ditto! Was just going to say this! I remember getting the playstation, having no idea what it was, then spending DAYS with Crash Bandicoot.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events