cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - Atlassian Community Year in Review

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Happy almost penultimate Friday of 2022 everyone! With only two Fridays left in the year, and both being holiday weekends, today is the last one that really counts! 

Tis the season of Year in Review emails and reminders. Introspection on what I did this past year other than get older. Inspiration for the year ahead. That means my inbox has been filling up with:

• Performance Reviews 🎯
  • Salary Reviews 💰
  • Performance Improvement Plans 😡
  • Spotify Wrapped 🎵
  • YouTube Music Recap 🎶 
  • Strava Year in Sport 🚴‍♀️

And a welcome new addition for me this year, the Atlassian Community Year in Review! 💙💜💚💛. I loved seeing my personal stats and the what we accomplished together data points. There is no I in Team, and there is Unity in Community. In a world where Twitter doom scrolling and negativity has been a norm, the Atlassian Community has been a place of sane solace.

Article1.PNG

So this Friday, let's build a Community Year in Review thread. Here are the rules:

• Share a link to an article/discussion/question from the Atlassian Community this past year that you feel everyone else can gain from seeing and reading.
  • Tag an Atlassian Community member (does not have to be related to the above stated post) that inspired you this past year.
  • Let us all know if you had an Atlassian Community based resolution for 2022 and whether you accomplished it. 

And a big thank you to all of the Community Members, Leaders and Atlassian Team Members that have made the community an amazing place to live, learn, play and practice in 2022.

My Atlassian Community plans for 2023:

Article2.png

6 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Wonderful Idea @Andy Gladstone!

Ok here we go! 

1) So first, I went in my Confluence space because if there is an inspiring article, I probably covered in one of the Community Roundups.  I'm going to cheat and actually link a label:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/jira-heroes/tg-p

As I was looking through each roundup page, every month we have a new admin sharing their business challenges and how they are solving them using Jira.  I think these are the most valuable for people to read because it's admins sharing how they are using Jira to solve their problems.

2) I want to call out @Luke Hostetler!  He has been helping me all year with the Welcome Wednesday posts behind the scenes, but has also been a great friend to chat with about random topics!  Thanks Luke!

3) My resolution was to try and bring more people to the Atlassian Community leveraging other forms of media and social platforms through "JimmyTalksJira".  I don't know if I was successful, but I have had a lot of fun doing it so I'll call it a win!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2022
  1. Teamwork Lab has always been a place where I find a ton of value. Even though my 💙 pumps for Confluence, my post of the year was from @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ in her article, Tips & Lessons for 2022: Not everything is as urgent as you think. It's something that can use constant strengthening and reminding.
  2. I can't tag just one! I read A LOT of posts on the community and these contributors are worth a follow (when we get a follow button) @Jimmy Seddon@Brittany Joiner@Summer_Hogan have each inspired me in different ways in 2022.
  3. I certainly achieved my resolution of being more active in the community and finding ways to contribute and learn from the community. Looking forward to more in 2023!
Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2022

Thanks @Andy Gladstone - back at ya! You inspire me as well! 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2023

💙💙💙 So glad the article brought you value @Andy Gladstone

I actually get reminded of @Jimmy Seddon article from TeamWork Lab every day since it was posted 👉 Tips & Lessons for 2022: Empathy & Understanding will go a long way!

"we should assume that everyone is working toward the same goal with the best of intentions"

The best advice of 2022!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2023

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 16, 2022

Love this topic!

For #1, I loved @Saralie S.'s article about Busting some Online Community Myths (which @Darline Auguste also helped with behind the scenes). Such a great resource for our users who might not know what our Community Leader program is all about. I also read the first version of this article by @Peter Van de Voorde when he worked at Atlassian, and it's been inspiring me ever since!

For #2, there are a lot. @Brittany Joiner and her wonderful Trello newsletter@Jimmy Seddon fundraising for Extra Life, @Craig Nodwell who I got to know via Likes for Trees, and @Andy Gladstone and @Viktoriya Borisova and everyone else who planted so many trees for us around the world. 

For #3, I have lots of community goals all the time (it's kinda my job... 😉) but one big one was bringing the kudos program out of beta. We've had over 2,200 new kudos participants join since October, and I can't wait to see new names and faces making it to the top of the leaderboard in the new year! 

You all are an amazing community, and make every day a joy. Enjoy the rest of 2022!

feliz-2022.gif

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2022

Aww GIF

I'm happy you found it inspiring, I hope it will inspires others too now that it's out in the open :)

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2022

@Monique vdB a tree should be planted for this! I agree with all of your highlights, they were all near the top of my list as well!  

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2022

A Tree should be planed for this :)

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2022

Great topic @Andy Gladstone - this is a good one! 

1. For number one, I love Teamwork Lab and have learned some much from that group. I especially loved the New Practice November series by @Christine P. Dela Rosa. The first practice in the series can be found here and there are 4 practices. 
  2. There are so many community members that inspired me this year, but if I had to narrow it down I would have to say @Andy Gladstone @Monique vdB @Jimmy Seddon, and @Brant Schroeder.
  3. My Atlassian community resolution this year was to onboard as a new community leader and start to contribute more to the community. I think I did a pretty good job and plan to do much more next year! 
Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

Great topic, @Andy Gladstone 

For sure, it is @Darryl Lee 's article about how to do Christmas cleaning with acli!

Oh, it is hard to say since I enjoy associating with so many of you. My 1970s club friends for sure @Ed Gaile @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ and @Darryl Lee  And so many others!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

Aw shucks, thanks for the kind words, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ...

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

Thank you, my 70's brother!

Like # people like this
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2022

As an ACE leader, I guess I am just gonna sneak in here to copy some amazing links.. and say that I have a goal of being more active on the online community next year.. so I can answer this question in a better manner. 

In terms of inspiration, I love the entire CommunityFam.. <3 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events