Friday Fun: Any good April Fool's?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 2, 2021

How was your April Fool's Day? I enjoyed the ad for this 100,000-piece all-blue puzzle

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.02.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.02.53 PM.png

How about you: did you get fooled? Did you fool anyone? Did you see any good April Fools out there?

9 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

@Monique vdB - I loved the retro 8-Bit for Jira Cloud so much that I posted about it in the Marketplace group. If anyone's bored, add faux responses there. 😆

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Hah hah! That's a good one. Reminds me of the Jira Junior for Kids! So disappointed that wasn't real 😭

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

I was definitely fooled by Jack's post Retiring from the Community Leader Program - Heavy Heart ! Glad it was an April Fool! 🤓

Like # people like this
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Ooh I love this one! 😄

So yesterday was the last meeting of a 2-year global project (perfect timing for it to fall on April 1).  At the start of the meeting, I welcomed everyone into the call and then "forgot" to start my screen share for the agenda - I just wanted to make sure I got all the team members in the call before dropping this "surprise update".  

Upon sharing my screen, there was a yellow Warning banner at the top of the agenda informing them that the project would remain open because two office at the last-minute needed the software ASAP and this was not in fact our last meeting.  I proceeded to give rough dates on timelines and said we'd "need to start today".  After a long silence, I asked everyone if they knew what day it was and then told them it was a joke and we weren't in fact rolling out to another office 🤣

All-in-all, it was good fun and a great way to wrap up a successful project with an all-star team!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2021

OMGoodness.... I'd have died if I was an attendee....!! Brilliant!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

Thank you @Andy - PTC Redundant - it was at that moment I recognized the power in being a project manager and committed to using it for the good of the project (and occasionally mischief) 😉

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2021

As a former PM, I totally agree!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2021

Hah hah! Brilliant. Love that puzzle...!
I mean... as funny as this is, isn't this one less difficult than that giant circular white one that is double-sided....!? 🤔💭💥‼

No flies on me this year... I can no longer be fooled! But I won't lie: the Google Bike driving around Amsterdam caught me out a few year's back... it wasn't until the bad acting kicked in late in the video that I suddenly twigged it was rigged 😉

I didn't April fool anyone this year but something really awesome happened:

We signed off the mortgage to our new house!!! I KID YOU NOT. No joke. Happy days. Cannot wait to move.

And fun fact... the company I used to work for celebrates it's birthday on April's Fool.... and yesterday it was 10 years. Partaaaaaay!!!!! 🍰 🥳 🎉

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 2, 2021

Gefiliciteerd on the house, Andy! That's amazing!!!

Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2021

It feels really good when some one shares something good/happy news on 1st April for the people who took birth on 1st April. Almost 99% people will think twice before wishing you birthday wishes. I experience the same every year. 

Wish you more HAPPY DAYS ahead. 

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

I really got a kick out of the ZOOM ROYALE! announcement,  it was just pure April fools day trolling greatness.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

I have to say that, aside from the Atlassian Space Services, this was a pretty disappointing year. My office usually gets very into it, but we're all fans of the kind of thing you can't really do remotely - like change your project manager's desktop to a screenshot of the classic Windows blue screen of death, or filling someone's desk drawer with hundreds of tiny inflated helium balloons.

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
April 2, 2021

I enjoyed Micheal Strahan's prank about his teeth. He's well known for his gap and I thought he'd really gotten it closed!

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 2, 2021

Nice one. This is the kind of perverse thing that I would do - a blue jigsaw puzzle. 🤣

Nothing much this year, but my all time fave prank was the showing of Dark Side of the Moon on April Fools Day one year. Was shown on the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) and so gave it a high level of credibility. EVERYONE was talking about it for days afterwards... problem was they hadn't watched right through to the end where it showed the outtakes!

Still cracks me up. Well worth watching.

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

I just thought our government makes April fool's on us... but it was not joke by the end of a day :D

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events