Friday Friday Friday! What are you listening to at work today?

SGD
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Folks, I’ll be honest. My Friday-workday playlist has become a bit stale. What do YOU listen to at work on Fridays? Feed me your suggestions! I might even blog about it… 😉

12 comments

Comment

Tomas Junger August 10, 2018

Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar :)

SGD
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Ooh nice one. That'll power you through the afternoon for sure. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2018

Hey @SGD - I listen to Google Play on my iphone and pick a playlist based on my mood - whether or not I need to focus or just want a boost of energy! :)

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

At this moment I'm listening to Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts...music from Cowboy Bebop.

https://youtu.be/JT6u0bE6vTw

@SGD if you haven't heard it yet it's crazy good.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

@Scott Theus yasssssssss

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

@Scott Theus - Now I'm listening to Nujabes because your reference to anime music made me remember lowfi hiphop from Samurai Champloo. 

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

@Meg Holbrook I would say that's to melancholy for a Friday afternoon, but I just put on Gorillaz "Plastic Beach" which starts off with, of course, "Up on Melancholy Hill." 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

Great topic @SGD! Have you tried http://everynoise.com/ ? It's my favorite way to find new music. Can be a bit of a clickhole though!

I listen to drum and bass in the mornings usually because I can't let go of the early 2000s. 

timmy
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

I am listening to The Darkness: Live At Hammersmith very loud at the moment.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2018

Usually in afternoons I like relaxing music. Leo Rojas is one of my favorites (Try Lonely Shepherd)

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

Alas, I wish I were listening to something fun ... instead I'm listing to tech support. :(

SGD
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

Bleh. Here's hoping the rest of your afternoon is less talk, more rock.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

Done with tech support. "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack now. :)

SGD
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

My daughter is OBSESSED with that soundtrack. Like, to the point where I'm starting to regret the karaoke microphone we got her for Christmas... 

aumarie
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

My daughter and I have been obsessed with Greatest Showman since the beginning of the year. Great music on that soundtrack! Though, today, I'm just streaming amazon "chill" music to get me through the day!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

It is super catchy. I've many-a-time had to stop myself from humming it ... get's stuck in the head.

Alice M
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

The album Paris by The Cure.

timmy
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2018

good jams!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2018

I get older each year, and each year I seem to go back a little further for my music. 
Today was Palestrina's "Lamentationes Ieremiae prophetae".
Beautiful voices in a language that doesn't distract me (Latin)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Pierluigi_da_Palestrina

But before that it was everything that The Who and Rush have recorded!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2018
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

"Everything?" That would take a really long time :) 

clockwork-angels-5.jpg

Jens Iwanenko August 19, 2018

For some reason last Friday I felt like the This is: Limp Bizkit playlist on Spotify. Nice stuff to get back to every now and then and dwell in fond memories of the past. :-)

timmy
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2018

50x50blank_image.pngtext next to my 4KB 50x50px blank white image

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

I started in a bit of a "steampunk" mood today...

https://youtu.be/neweVrb72SE

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

...and now after a rather contentious call I need something a little rougher.

https://youtu.be/6-uNyUmP9TA

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events