Fictional character that you hate

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

We all are locked at home, and as relief we all are watching lots of movies and shows. Lots of repeat and nostalgia. Too many Marvel, Disney and Superhero movies with family.

Considering this, my this week's friday-fun (or I call it, get to know your fellow community member) thread is, which is your least favorite fictional character?

Mine are,

• Joffrey Baratheon from Game of Thrones
    • What a waste he was.
  • Mr. Frodo from Lord of the Rings
    • only portion I hate in this super awesome trilogy was when Frodo was on screen, too slow

6 comments

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2020

Dang, this is a tough one @DPKJ . Almost always, a "least favorite" is due to a very good craftsperson making a character that you are FORCED to not like. However, if I had to pick a couple (aside from your two excellent choices):

• Almost any lead in a Romantic Comedy
    • Most romantic comedies are neither and the angst throughout could be solved if one lead, the other lead, or both simply stop being childish boneheads
  • Starfleet Admiral Marcus from Star Trek "Into Darkness"
    • That kind of hidebound, narrow minded, racist (speciest in the Star Trek context?) mindset shows up all to often in real life these days to be an even remotely identifiable character in the confines of a sci fi movie.
Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

You are correct about FORCED.

Joker from Dark Knight is a great example!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

Mr. Collins of Pride and Prejudice, the wet shirt version. I saw the actor in something else a few weeks ago and he still made me feel slimy

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

As Mike pointed out, he must be a good actor 

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

So much for a wet shirt!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 30, 2020

@Matt Doar Mr. Collins is a perfect love-to-hate for me!

Like DPKJ likes this
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

Does kid John Connor from Terminator 2 count? 

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2020

He does @Jeremy Largman and many karma points for pointing that out. If they were fictional AND characters, I'd also nominate the foley artists from that movie as well since BOTH the dirt bike and the chasing highway tractor apparently had 400 speed transmissions with how many times there was a "shift" sound on the soundtrack.

That's actually a whole DIFFERENT rant for me where wrong sound for various aircraft and helo types, motorcycles, cars, etc. <breathes deeply>

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

Why do they put so much stuff in one scene!

I love to say that I hate John Connor!

Like Mike Rathwell likes this
Michael S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2021

@Mike Rathwell like cars that seemingly have 13-speed gearboxes...

Like Mike Rathwell likes this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2021

The semi truck in that scene... I somewhat get; I have driven a Freightliner with a 450 Cat and a 15sp 3 stick transmission. The still annoying part of that is that it only ever shifts UP. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

Mine is Bob from the Time Stories Board Games. 

If you played these awesome games, you‘ll know why. He‘s so annoying and grumpy and never satisfied with anything you’re doing in these games.

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

Need to check this out @Thomas Schlegel 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 30, 2020

This is a difficult one for me. There's the characters you hate because you're supposed to, and the ones you hate because they're bad characters. In hindsight, Xander from Buffy is pretty problematic so I think he would fall into the latter category. In terms of hateable villain, Delores Umbridge is a pretty great one. 

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2020

@Monique vdBnice choice, or should I choose another words :-)

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2020

Night King from Game of thrones. This character was so over hyped and when the time came, he died just like that.

Another one is Voldemort from Harry Potter due to the same reason, so over hyped and it never felt like there was any real chance he was going to win.

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2020

@Deepanshu NataniNight King was bad ass dude! he had a flair for being bad!

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events