Don’t @#$% the planet

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 20, 2019

That's the name of @Mike Cannon-Brookes's blog post about Atlassian's climate policy and support of the worldwide climate strike. 

I know some of you are attending strikes around the world (so are many Atlassians) and I would love to see photos and hear about other ways you and your companies are helping the planet. MCB's blog post has resources to share too if you want your company to do more. 

greta.jpg

And if you're looking for something easy you can do, may I recommend installing Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees? They have a Chrome extension that is easy peasy to use! 🌲🌲🌲

6 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 20, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.39.34 AM.png

Here is Communiteam dog Slamson, on his way to the San Francisco march. 

Like # people like this
Stephanie Grice
Community Manager
September 20, 2019

@Ali Sanne Proud mother moment?

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

I’ve been today on the streets of Hamburg with more than 70.000 people demonstrating for a better future. In Germany, 1.4 million people demonstrated.

I’m thankful that there are so many people taking care of our world and I hope that mankind is capable of learning.

Here you can see a picture of Hamburg today: 

https://twitter.com/froileinmueller/status/1174986359876063233?s=21

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 20, 2019

@Thomas Schlegel I embedded the pic because it's so amazing.

IMG_4629.JPG

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

Don’t know if it’s copyrighted, that’s why I added the link

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 20, 2019

@Thomas Schlegel I'm calling it fair use! :) 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

I happened to be in NYC today so I participated! I was too far away to see or hear Greta, unfortunately, but the energy around was amazing!!  **UPDATED with photos**

20190920_130030.jpg20190920_130124.jpg20190920_130649.jpg

Like # people like this
Julia Robinson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

Feeling really inspired today after marching with more than 50 Atlassians in San Francisco! We're hearing about Atlassians striking in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Ankara, Bengaluru, London, Miami, Boston, New York, Mountain View, Austin, and more. Our folks in Amsterdam are striking next Friday, too. 

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

YEY for Ecosia!!!! 👍😍💝

Untitled.jpg

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2019

Up to 196 searches now and going strong ! ! !

A random thought just came to me as I posted this...

- Ecosia have planted well over 30million trees.

- They are making holes and putting in seeds, a form of reproduction

- They are therefore, technically, "@#$%-ing" the planet. Just in a good way.... 😍❤😆

Ecosia_2.jpg

Sreedhar Sharma Talamudipi September 25, 2019

Appreciate the effort!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events