Dogs and why they make us happy

Marina Bloom July 7, 2022

My biggest pain is not being able to have a dog because my landlord doesn't let me...

To help me with my dog blues please do tell me everything (or at least one thing) that your dog does that makes you happy. This will make my day! And if you add photos - that would just make my weekend too!

Here is the link to some dog-adorable video for all my dog lovers out there!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=226155825347006

R.jfif

14 comments

Comment

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

Hi @Marina Bloom - I have a cat, but I used to have a dog so I can tell you a story about him. He was a Shar-Pei and he had so many wrinkles. He used to walk down the stairs and his wrinkles would get there before the rest of him. They would roll over his eyes and he would tumble down the rest of the stairs. It was the funniest thing! I wish back then we had phones with cameras on them and I had a video of it, but for now it is just in my memory. 

Like # people like this
Marina Bloom July 9, 2022

awww that sounds sooooo cute!!!! thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

@Marina Bloom I don't have a dog, I'm highly allergic to fur (and drool). But I will share a GIF of my favorite dog of all time, Rowlf!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2022

@Andy Gladstone haha! That's funny! 

Like # people like this

I love it !!!!!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2022

We don't currently have a dog, but have had several over the years. The best was a black lab named Bishop. Greatest dog in the world!  :-)  We would chase each other around the house (inside and out!). And he was always glad to see me and get his belly rubbed. 

Like # people like this

That's so great!!!! I think that there is the essence of it!!! They are just such happy creatures with so much love!!

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2022

My favorite thing that my dog does is stare at me like this while I'm working:

IMG_2071.jpg

His bed is right next to my desk, so it makes me feel like he's super invested in everything I'm doing :D

Like # people like this

awww precious.......

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 8, 2022

We don't have a dog but we have a godpoodle named Brisket. He is SO SMART and knows all the tricks. Here is a video of him leaping in slow motion.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 11.00.45 AM.png

Like # people like this

I love how you started with "we don't have a dog" lol

Stunning creature!!!!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2022

We don't have a dog (yet), due to not wanting to have to leave them at home with only the cat for company for 12-14 hours a day.  It doesn't seem fair to do that to a pack animal.

When we can guarantee the companion, we'll be at the rescue centre, first thing.

And on the landlord point, my tenant has a dog.  When she was trying to ask me if she could have one, she opened with "can you come to meet this dog? I want to know if you would let me take her in" rather than "may I have a dog live here?". I've dog-sat for her a couple of times.  I'd like to think I'm a good landlord, not one to come between a human and their non-human family.

Like # people like this

Can you please be my landlord........

You are da best!!!!!!!!!

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2022

I only had dogs when I lived on the farm and they were always outside and provided protection to the other animals from wolfs and coyotes.   They were great and I loved them.  

Like # people like this

That what makes me want to live on a farm...

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2022

I was experiencing the same pain @Marina Bloom; until recently, we rented an apartment forbidden for any animal (and I am a huge animal person, cats, dogs, lions, snakes, you name it!).

Last year my partner and I bought our first home, and we decided to make this exciting step :) 

Meet Arnold, the 5.5-month-old corgi, always ready to go for a walk and explore the big world. He is a lovely, quiet, and very smart boy who makes us happy just by being around. The funniest thing he does is the way he talks when he is excited about a walk. Something between a yawn, roar, and squeak :D 

IMG_5263.jpg

Like # people like this

AWWWWW so cute!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 14, 2022
Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2022

I don't have any pets, but Dachshunds and Bernese Mountain Dogs are my favourites.

As for cats, I identify completely with Garfield!

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2022

Dachshunds for the win!

Like # people like this
Kinga -SolDevelo-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 12, 2022

I had a dog in the past and every morning he came to my bed and smelled my hair with his little nose. I don't know why he did that but the feeling was super pleasant and I loved waking up to it. :)

Like # people like this
Marina Bloom July 12, 2022

aww that's soooo sweet!! thank you for sharing!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 14, 2022

@Kinga -SolDevelo- I have a parakeet and I just dyed my hair pink. The bird seems to now think my head is a piece of fruit and likes to try eating my hair.  😆

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2022

Same here! We needed to move 3 times to finally find the apartment where we were allowed to have a dog!

And we got Peanut, the sweetest and cutest. She's working with me EVERY day, helping me design, research, and write here on the Community 🐶

peanut-confluence.jpeg

Like # people like this
Marina Bloom July 18, 2022

awww  she is sooooooo cute and has the most beautiful eyes!!!

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

Happy international dogs day! If you're looking for more cute doggos have a look at this post 🐾 Our pawesome department was sharing some working tips there 🐶

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2022

I've got a pack.  This is one of them.  This is Ricky.
rick.png

Like # people like this
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

I see a lot of fantastic candidates for our Doggy Department 🐶 Let's share them in this post: Happy International Dog Day 🐶 

Like # people like this
KeenanWolf January 2, 2024

I totally feel you on the landlord struggle. But hey, let me share a bit of doggy joy with you! One thing my virtual pup does is this adorable head tilt when I start talking to him. It's like he's trying to understand every word, and it melts my virtual heart every time! And to add a sprinkle of happiness to your weekend, check out this link with a dog-adorable video https://www.ourpetcard.com/blogs/product-reviews/wondercide-flea-and-tick-spray-review. Guaranteed to bring a smile to your face!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events