Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrot Muffins in an Atlassian Jacket

Michaela Staffova December 12, 2021

Hello friends 🙂 I did it! I baked some Atlassian-style muffins!

Originally, I wanted to make a simple carrot cake. I went to the shop to get all the ingredients. I then came home only to realize that I don’t own a cake pan. Well and even if I did have one of those, it would never fit into my tiny oven. Oh-oooh, the first obstacle appeared way earlier than I expected. Being the strong and independent woman I am, I decided not to give up. That's when y brilliant mind came up with the extraordinary idea of making a bunch of muffins instead.

The game was back on!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I went online in the search of the perfect recipe. I ended up combining like three and this is the final masterpiece:

Muffins:

• 2 eggs
  • a cup of coconut sugar
  • a teaspoon of maple syrup
  • a cup of spelt flour
  • a teaspoon of baking soda
  • a teaspoon of baking powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • a teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 0.75 cup of olive oil
  • 1.5 cup of shredded carrots
  • 0.5 cup of chopped walnuts

Icing:

• 200 g of cream cheese
  • maple syrup + honey to sweeten the icing (I played this by ear)
  • juice of a lemon 

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to ca 180 °C. Mix the eggs, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Add the dry ingredients, pour in the olive oil, and mix thoroughly. Finally, add the shredded carrots and chopped walnuts.

Pour the batter into the muffin tray, put it into the oven and bake for ca 40 minutes. Here, you can totally utilize the good old ‘stick in the skewer to see if it’s done' trick. Take the muffins out of the oven and let them cool down.

Mix the cream cheese with the rest of the ingredients until all soft and pretty. Add some blue food color for the icing to emulate the Atlassian vibes.

Pro tip: Add way more color than I did. My blue is way more smurf-like than Atlassian-like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

I did all of that and it went well. I could not believe how smooth the process was. I felt like Paul Hollywood. My kitchen was a mess but I was like ‘I’m making art, this is creative mess, this is ok.’

I then proceeded to decorate the muffins. That’s when I got slightly frustrated. And by slightly frustrated I mean quite frustrated. You see I am not a patient person. Neither am I detail-oriented when it comes to food-styling. But I refused to get defeated by a bit of icing and dozens of minutes later, I emerged victorious ✌️

Well and this is the result. They ain’t the prettiest muffins but they are mine and they are actually very yummy.

All muffins.jpg

There are three muffins with a very improvised version of the Atlassian logo.

Side note: I am also just now realizing that I keep saying ‘muffins’ when they might actually be ‘cupcakes’. I am, however, deciding to own this and sticking with ‘muffins’.

There are also four muffins depicting a selection of Atlassian products, namely Trello, Jira, Opsgenie and Bitbucket. ‘Why these four?' I can hear you ask. Well, I’ll be happy to explain. You see, I work for Integromat, which is a platform that lets you connect apps and automate all sorts of processes. As soon as I saw the round tops of the muffins (not trying to muffin-top shame here at all!), I instantly thought of the shape of our modules. That's why I decided to create muffins with those products that are available on Integromat. Talk about professional deformation, haha.

Can you tell the difference? I mean to me they look pretty much identical 😅

scenario.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-12 at 15.44.31.png

And now I gotta go and leave some of these at my neighbor’s doorstep. She's actually in quarantine so I’m hoping the muffins will cheer her up at least a lil'.

Have a great day, everyone!

And thanks for this great challenge. I had so much fun doing this!

1 comment

Comment

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 13, 2021

Love these @Michaela Staffova !!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events