Best home made Halloween/ Fancy dress costume!

Michele Lim [Cprime] October 25, 2018

Hey guys!! 

I'm very excited because this Halloween will be my very first Halloween in America. Growing up in Australia, there has always been a big divide about whether kids should celebrate Halloween or not. Some people think it's just harmless fun, and others think it's one more "American thing" that is taking over Aussie traditions.

As a kid, Halloween wasn't a huge deal, though we weren't about to give up an opportunity to dress up and get free lollies! (Or "candy" as they say here in America)! 

I personally enjoy Halloween, or any excuse to get creative and make an outfit. I love DIY costumes as I really like the challenge of making a costume out of things you have lying around the house. (It's even more fun when you have to explain your outfit to someone and then you hear the satisfying "OOOOHHH! I see it now!")

For an Alice in Wonderland themed party last year, I made a "Queen of Hearts" outfit using a white dress I had, a random red ribbon I found, red felt, an old pack of cards and some left over gold/ red cardboard I had lying around.

I'd love to see your best DIY costumes that you made for yourself, your kids or pets! 

halloween.JPG

2 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 25, 2018

On my daughter's first Christmas, we were in the paper for this costume. Still my favorite!

Halloween 2011.jpg

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2018

Dawww - so cute! 

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

Oh my gosh!  I love this!

Michele Lim [Cprime] October 25, 2018

This is so cute!!! Did not know I was working amongst a celebrity Monique!!

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2018

OMG a noodle baby!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

That's so cute - and so tasty! Totally love it. Wish there was more halloween in Germany.

We only have Fasching here. 

Michele Lim [Cprime] October 26, 2018

That sounds interesting! What is it?

timmy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2018

That costume is amazing! I want one for me!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 27, 2018

Here's our costume this year! 

44872957_10100379380336151_5812478154773626880_o.jpg

Like max likes this
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2018

Where's the foil ball??? :D

Like Monique vdB likes this
Michele Lim [Cprime] October 29, 2018

You guys are too cute!! I love it!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2018

Had to share this gem — it's a human Trello board! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpm-bpNA4T8

Like Kat Warner likes this
Michele Lim [Cprime] October 31, 2018

That's awesome!! I love team costumes!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events