10 Years of Atlassian by the Eyes of a Sci-Fi Author

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

As much as I am sure this has already been used, I’ll pretend it never happened and reuse it:

One thing by Old Street you’ll never read is “We are excited to announce”. One, we are barely excited about anything, and two, we are mostly digging around curios topics rather than just ‘announcing’.

That said, Christopher Berry decided he had only a hundred articles to write (apparently a tiny and unappealing number) and jumped on the retrospective train by asking us:

Guys, I know you’ve been in the Ecosystem for a while… what was it 10 years ago?

A straightforward question and our quickly created Confluence collab page turned into a long walk down the memory lane.

I was sad to see Charlie go but enchanted by how Answers turned into Community.

@Fun Man Andy was happy with team-managed projects prevailing the company-managed ones, but he is still bothered by the lack of functionality.

@Chris Cooke Old Street Apps was passionate about Atlassian Marketplace’s 10-years of growth and curious to see what our one-stop-shop would turn into in the next 10.

For a person fascinated by alternate timelines and time-travelling, Christopher didn’t let Atlassian put a stick in his wheel. He spent time in the dark ages of JIRA spelling, Server retirement, JSD to JSM to Jira Core to JWM, and at the end, poured a 10-pager over our poor heads.

Rushing through the days fighting battles with content or project management, remote or on-site teams, agile or waterfall, we are used to adapting to changes on-the-fly. This blog reminded me how long the Atlassian road is and how many more opportunities lay ahead. It made me a little nostalgic, especially while I’m still missing all the friends I met at Team22.

If it’s your coffee break, enjoy this look back to the last 10 years of Atlassian (and take some food as well, I’m not kidding about the 10-pager).

How-Atlassian-has-changed-in-10-years-1024x512.jpeg

Or, if you are not into reading Atlassian novels, let’s discuss! How did the Atlassian World change for you in the past 10 years?

1 comment

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

Thanks for the content and link @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_! Getting my morning ☕️ ready for the read. 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2022

So very welcome, @Andy Gladstone 🌿 Enjoy!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2022

Absolutely loved the content and the style! Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling I may be distracted today looking at previous blog posts…

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

So nice to hear this! I'll share this with Christopher right away :) The only person who can write a blog post this long and still get readers' attention each time.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events