Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Remotely – A Week Thirteen Retrospective

Hello Friends!  It’s Monday which means that it’s time for another reflection on everything that has happened in the last seven days.  This past week has been one of the most emotionally exhausting weeks I’ve been though.  Let’s dive into the details:

What went well:

• This was the first week in a while where I have actually had time to work on strategic projects.  The past few weeks has been focused on “fire-fighting” various issues that needed quick-fixes and it was nice to finally have some time to work on something to make things easier in the long run.
  • Our evenings have involved taking our son for a bike ride because he’s been interested in doing that.  This allows us to get outside, get some exercise and enjoy time together as a family!
  • I’m putting this on the border line between good and bad because as of Friday, our local government has decided to start lifting even more restrictions which means more things are starting to open.  While that sounds good there is a lot of hesitation by some (including myself) as the scientific data doesn’t seem to indicate we are ready for this.

What could have been better:

• COVID-19 has had a drastic effect on everyone, and unfortunately my company had to say goodbye to a few employees in order to maintain a strong financial position while we weather this storm.  I know that all of those affected by this had a much worse week than I did, however it was something I wasn’t prepared for and I took the news quite hard.
  • Because of the above point happening on Tuesday, I had a very hard rest of the week.  Things that I would have normally done such as online streaming and online video chatting with friends I decided not to participate in this past week.

What will change:

• While I had intended to get to more e-learning last week, things came up that prevented me from having the motivation to do so.  I’m going to make more of an effort this week to make that happen.

What will stay the same:

• I was able to get outside more last week, and provided the weather continues to be nice I will continue that through this week as well.

This has been quite a week and as much as I may have spent more time by myself, I had a number of friends that did check to make sure that I’m doing alright, and I appreciate that.  At this point, I don’t know what can or will happen in any given week, so all we can do is take it one day at a time and keep hoping for the best!  If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading.  If you enjoyed this, you might also enjoy last week’s post which can be found here.

As always stay safe and healthy, and I’ll see you next week.

2 comments

Comment

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2020

Tough times during COVID-19. 😔
Still good that you always start with the positive! 😀 Hang in there Social Jimmy. We'll all make it through this together. 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2020

Well written.!
In-fact reading a few of your articles, It creates the need to start my dairy writing again.!

Thank you.!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events