Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work, Wellness & Confluence: Our Way

Confluence...

Over the years it's established itself as a workplace family name. We all know and love Confluence for all it's little quirks and the fact it is the all knowing, all documenting, all powerful hub of truth! Unless, perhaps you ask it "the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything". 

How Big Ideas Drove Douglas Adams' Success | by The Arcanist | The Arcanist

(Could this be Confluence in the future? #HitchhikersGuideToTheGalaxy)

So yes, in general it holds our documentation, our marketing plans, our onboarding processes and so on, but why should it stop there. Confluence is anything but just a site to host our teams knowledge. For starters who has ever got a little creative with Confluence and perhaps designed a friendly game of scavenger hunt - Confluence style?!

With our current Community series focused in on Work and Wellness, and reading @Meg Bailey's article 'Confluence: Where work and wellness meet', it's got me pondering about how, we at Valiantys, use Confluence to help enhance that balance especially where our team is globally distributed and many are now primarily remote or hybrid (including myself!).

Still, I believe no matter where we are it's important to make sure that our working environment is a happy, functioning and supportive space. This not only helps us thrive in our jobs and careers but also allows us to thrive as an individual, mentally and physically.

Which is why I'm pleased to be a part of several Work and Wellness initiatives in my organization, including:

• Mind Matters a committee established to support the mental, emotional and physical wellbeing of the team. The committee focuses on key attributes that can have an impact on the team's day to day wellbeing in and out of the office:
    • Exercise (morning yoga, lunchtime run/power walk)
    • Outdoor picnics, team sports and social events 
    • Personal financial management sessions (budgeting, pensions, money-saving ideas)
    • Bi-weekly newsletters that can look mens/womens health, self-care, acts of kindness, food, finances, and plenty more!
  • Count.it - a weekly leaderboard challenge to help us step away from our desks and start walking outside.
  • Brown Bags (contributor) - monthly sessions that offer the floor to any colleague to share any topics of interest, our most recent one was centered around Burnout Awareness.
  • Caring for Change - an internal project based on Pledge 1% program, where the main goal is to help Valiantys collaborators to set up any kind of charitable projects that inspire them. 
  • Environment Committee - a project based initiative to help protect, fund and restore the planet through team projects and movements. 

These projects and initiatives help us to create a culture that prioritizes our team's mental health and wellbeing through effective collaboration. And I bet you can't guess where they're all found 🤪 that's right, on our trusty sidekick, Confluence!

💭 A little food for thought:

• How does your team and/or organization help you find and support wellbeing projects that are important to you? 
  • Given the chance, what would you like to do more with your colleagues, organization or even the Community in relation to Work and Wellness?
  • What does a mindful relationship between your work and your wellbeing look like to you?

Don't be afraid to lead the way to your own wellbeing, I promise you won't be alone in the journey. There's support all around you 💙

I'd love to hear your questions, thoughts, ideas and of course how you do work, wellness & Confluence - YOUR WAY.

🤳☎️ I'm sorry the person you tried to reach is currently offline working on her habit of always being connected, but you know what to do. Leave a question at the comment and she'll get back to you 😉

Beeeeeeeppppppp...

5 comments

Comment

Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2022

This is amazing, thanks for sharing @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_. It's awesome that there's such a range of interests and activities represented in those initiatives – I bet the sense of community and belonging that they foster is another major contributor to wellness! 

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

It really is @Meg Bailey, wellness comes in all different forms but it's surprising how much community and belonging contributes to that overall feeling! I love the fact that I can volunteer on a team that puts my colleagues mental health and wellness at the forefront of what we do.  

Like Meg Bailey likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

A huge thank you to @Meg Bailey & @Sharon Tan for my #ConfluenceWorkandWellness surprise...

1665416712294.jpg

I can't tell you how excited I was when this arrived and to think it even arrived on World Mental Health Day (impeccable timing really!) so to help spread the word event further I did do a sneaky post on LinkedIn for you guys here! 💙

Like # people like this
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

Such a great post. Thanks for sharing @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 
Love the #HitchhikersGuideToTheGalaxy reference too

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

Thanks @Sajit Nair 🙌 

I just couldn't help myself with the reference, it just worked so well 😅

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events