Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We sponsored a Jiu-Jitsu Championship, and we liked it!

Don't know about your company activities but here in Botron, we have a bunch of people passionate about sports.

Some of us are enjoying relaxed yoga mornings, pleasant hikes and long walks. Others love to reach their limits in running, diving, fitness or CrossFit training, and almost everyone love skiing! (We also have a couple of wins in competitions here and there, just because "Hey, I registered for a competition just to see what will happen!".)

One of the causes behind we passionately stand is called #30for30, and its primary purpose is motivating people to move more and take care of their bodies for 30 days in a row than discover the benefits of this small habit.

Let us use one old-office photo for example (slav-squats, we're doing it right!). (smile) 

community30-30.jpg

We were challenged to do a 5-week company activity, share the results and challenge another company. Fun for Socials, good for the cause!

For Week 5 our team had: 200km walking, 53km running, 185km biking, over 60 tons of weights lifted in the gym, 4 hours of boxing, 6km swimming and over 16 hours of hiking. Not bad, right?

Our latest achievement was sponsoring a company friend who wanted to participate in Rome Spring International Open IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu Championship Competition, but at this time she was impeded for a couple of reasons.
It wasn't a hard decision though, and we are very proud that our
 closest friends can rely on us for their personal accomplishments. :) 

56354028_2524483470895512_1884162170904641536_n.jpg

The result: Villy just smashed the competition! Yes, she was well prepared, with skills, years of consistency, and many contests behind her back.

bjj-rome-community.jpg

But what was the one main reason liable for her win? 

That we believed in her Smile :) 

In our case, the word "sponsorship" meant "trust", "support", "determination", and "confidence".

And at the end, not the Gold was the most valuable, but the smile of our winner!

56541926_2524159550927904_1191702336280461312_n.jpg

Thank you, Villy, for giving us a chance to shine in stages other than Software conferences.
Many more wins to come! 

PS: We are also champions for at least a Gold medal (approaching the Platinum one)! Just our area of expertise is focused on eating cakes. 

IMG_5850.jpg

4 comments

Comment

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

@Monique vdB I saved in the Off-topic category, but I'm not sure why is showing in Agile :( Can you help me fix that? Edit works only for the article but not the categories.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Congrats to all involved! I'm excited to see BJJ mentioned here, a place where combat sports isn't even thought of!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 2, 2019

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ no problem, I moved it. Fun article! :) 

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

Thank you @Monique vdB - savior of articles! :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events