The Atlassian Community 2018 Year in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community! I'm Ali. As a Community data analyst, I am usually behind the scenes reporting on the health and growth of this special site. But today, I wanted to share some impressive stats and figures driven by YOUR activity!

Visitors Venn.pngQuestions-square.pngDiscussions.pngGroups.pngBadges-dark.png

This post would not exist without your contributions! Celebrate with us by commenting what you're most proud of achieving on the Atlassian Community in the past year, and/or what you're most excited to accomplish in 2019. 

Note: This Year in Review is the product of an Atlassian ShipIt! Thanks so much to my team: @Erika Nunotani@BiancaE @Dominique Heijer and @Bridget 

25 comments

Comment

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2019

Great job team! And great job community! 

Like # people like this
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2019

Congratulations Community.  Incredible growth and very impressive numbers.  We've come a long way since the somewhat rocky beginning almost 2 years ago!

As a member of the Community Advisory Board, so proud to see this adoption of the on-line community. 

Lots more great new features coming for the rest of 2019. 

Like # people like this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2019

It's great to see that this project is a success and there is so much online engagement!  Just another testament to the great community fostered by Atlassian, partners, and customers.  The very best part:  Meeting someone in person after we've chatted on the Community site.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2019

In 15 years I've seen a fair number of Atlassian community sites. This one has become the best so far - most welcoming, most supportive attitude and more diverse than ever. The Atlassian community is one of the reasons I still enjoy working with Jira and all the other products.

Like # people like this
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2019

Success can be achieved with the support of a great team. Each one of the metrics and data presented above is the outcome of a well oiled machine, a group of team members sharing passion, energy and enthusiasm.

As community contributor I am glad that I can always count with this team knowing that you are there when we need help!

Community team keep the pace and have success during this year!

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov March 1, 2019

Wow! that's so starting to be a huge :) 

Thanks for analysis that data

Like # people like this
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

Wow, we only asked 55k questions?  Whew...  we'll ask some more this year.  Is there a metric for how many users we talked off the ledge? :)

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2019

Looking to answer more questions this year and make the NOVA AUG members more active.

Like # people like this
Tanya C March 2, 2019

I love data!  Great info and I continue to point our customers to the community.  It's the best place to get answers.  

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2019

@Ali Sanne , thank you for sharing this info. The numbers are truly staggering, at least to me. I knew the Community was growing simply thru observation but I would not have guessed these numbers. While I'm sure a large part of this is due to natural growth imparted by the success of Atlassian products I am quite sure that much of the growth is a direct result of the people that make the Community a great place for answers, discussions and socialization.

Three cheers to the Atlassian Community Team and all the members that visit!

cheers.jpg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2019

Awesome infographics, what an incredible year! :)

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2019

Great information. I have been curious about the badge statistics.

Who is the most liked? 10,000 likes is super impressive - is that what is needed to get badge level 9 @Monique vdB ?

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

Made my day with this awesome graphics - let's celebrate ourselves and everyone joining this wonderful community.

Already looking forward meeting more new people online and of course offline (IRL)

Like # people like this
Michael Kimathi _AC Nairobi_ Kenya_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

Impressive stats and cheers to more growth in 2019. Looking forward to how I can get my community members to be part of this awesomeness. 

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

Wow, incredible numbers @Ali Sanne - thank you for crunching those out and sharing them!  I've liked several comments above and will echo them here:
1) The sharing and giving spirit so many people exhibit here is the core value that I believe is driving our growth.
2) The fantastic tool (with ongoing improvements) the dev/support team has put together has amplified that spirit and made it easy to help those seeking it.
3) I'm super stoked to see more of my new and old Community friends at Summit - you all are truly inspiring!

Happy Monday everyone - stay warm (it's 28F right now in Austin, Tx)!?!?!?!
~~Larry Brock

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

I agree with all your points @LarryBrock

I will add one more

4) Having Atlassian Team with us on Slack helps a lot as many times when we struggle with a tough user or we are not sure about an answer by tagging them they jump quickly to the rescue. 

It is cold everywhere Larry. Not sure if you saw one of my posts I ran away from Illinois but the cold is chasing me everywhere I go 😉

Best,

Fadoua

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2019

That's great! It's cool to see how everyone working together is making this site super helpful and awesome.

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

I love infographics! This one especially.

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

It's great to see where we've come from and look forward to where we are going (infographics help tell the story!).

Most excited about writing more articles this year- if I had a nickel for every article I've started and then gotten side tracked and not posted... 🤑

Also, excited for badges, because who isn't?? Mo is always keeping up on our toes 🤩

Like Ali Sanne likes this
kwame
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2019

This is great. Great job team!

Like Ali Sanne likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2019

I still want to know who has that 10,000 likes badge! Can you share this information @Ali Sanne ?

Like Tim Keyes likes this
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Glad to see such numbers! Very proud to be part of Community: can't wait for the next months!

Great job Communiteam and fellow Champs!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 3, 2019

@Kat Warner it is the one and only @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- -- he is also the only person with the 5,000 likes received badge!

He doesn't have Level 9 though so that can't be it.... 😉

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2019

Everyone likes @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 😉.

Like LarryBrock likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

I don't ask many questions, start discussions and I've only got one article to my name, so I don't think I can do level 9 ;-)

Like Tim Keyes likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events