The Anatomy of Extraordinary People

pexels-mareks-steins-3270225.jpg

The amazing photo is courtesy of Mareks Steins from Pexels.

This started as a LinkedIn article, but I felt a good feeling about posting it here, where I see all these extraordinary people day by day.

If we want to be compliant with the sound of a romantic story, the beginning of this article should sound like: “We all know this human that…”.

Well.. no. In almost 100% of the cases, we don’t know them. Or at least we don’t know them “deeply.”

Extraordinary is tricky. It's a true virtue to spot an extraordinary person from the beginning. You should first explore the nature of their character anatomy and train yourself for a deeper look.

Extraordinary humans are not loud or expressive; they don’t wear shiny suits or spend time ironing their clothes to perfection for a zoom call (well, who on earth irons a sweatshirt!?   ). They exist in the borderline of “the world we are living in” and “the world as a better place.”

These high-performing individuals know how to properly structure their time in work, life, and balance and are eager to learn more and be more at any given moment. “Why?” you may think. Because they wake up with the fulfilling motivation to make a difference and enjoy it - regardless of tasks, job titles, achievements, or public recognition. To give without expecting to receive in a World driven by publicity and noise is a hard one. And it gets even harder with the distance of our home offices and blurred boundaries.

What to do? I don’t know. Whatever helps you sleep well.

Everyone may become an extraordinary human in its own eyes. It just takes to pull few internal strings, invest little time, and go on your silent road.

Can’t hold myself for giving a massive shout-out to my extraordinary friend @Jimmy Seddon. He loves to relax from the workday by enjoying his favorite video games (after he walked the dogs, spent quality time with his wife and kid, and probably migrated a good amount of issues in Jira Cloud). And because Jimmy is the person who sees the good in this world, he dedicates his playing time to a great cause: supporting sick kids by the Extra Life Foundation.

Thank you for being you, friend!

Join Jimmy’s channel, hop in to say Hi, or support the Extra Life cause on his official Twitch Channel ->

https://www.twitch.tv/jimmy004

💙

2 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ I'm extremely touched by this.  Thank you!  I wouldn't be successful in the things that I do with support from my wonderful friends!

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon Always! 

dd1b8fe694d7bfba2ae87e1ede030244.gif

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events