Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams behind the teams - Your nominations please!

Teams do amazing things together.

We’ve talked about the myth of the lone genius and how everything is actually the result of teamwork.

You might be thinking, What about a novelist writing, say, The Catcher in the Rye? Where’s the team behind that?

Even a recluse like Salinger needed his editors, his agent, and all the people working behind the scenes to print, distribute, promote, and sell his work.

How about the team behind the first black hole image?

How about the team of ASL interpreters at music festivals?

These are the teams behind the teams.

So, we ask you: What team behind the teams would you nominate as an amazing one? What team (yours?) does an incredible job doing what it does, supporting other teams, making great things, but exists behind the scenes and deserves some recognition?

Let us know! We’ll gather up your nominees, write about them, and help spread some love. (There could even be some swag in it for you for your participation. Nudge, nudge.)

Learn more about these unsung teams for inspiration:

The woman, and her team, behind the first black hole image: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47891902

This amazing team of interpreters: https://www.pe.com/2017/04/30/meet-the-deaf-and-hard-of-hearing-interpreters-who-bring-more-than-the-music-to-stagecoach-coachella/

Example of today's analytics teams in professional sports: https://www.popsci.com/math-wizard-kirk-lacob-how-golden-state-warriors-won-73-games

3 comments

Comment

Ghiona Tamir -Unito-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2019

I work for Unito and I'd love to nominate my team.

Our product is literally meant to work 'behind the scenes', and support teams and collaboration whilst remaining invisible, but we have such a dedicated team of devs, marketers, product managers etc. who pour so much thought and effort into their hard work.

There's a lot that goes into not only making a product work, but a product work the right way for the right people. That requires a lot of different types of brains and personalities.

It's also the first time I've ever felt like my contribution matters, especially in the tech space, so kudos to my team!

Like Akansha Dubey likes this
Jamey Austin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2019

I love it, Ghiona. Thanks so much for taking the time to nominate your team, which sounds awesome. Everything you mention -- all the various contributions, the variety of thought and experience, and feeling like the work matters -- is inspiring. Kudos to your team, indeed! 

Like Akansha Dubey likes this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 10, 2019

The Atlassian Events team. They coordinate phenomenal events (Summit 2019, anyone?!) which allow many folks to have some time in the spotlight while they, themselves, remain behind the scenes. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events