🏅THE 2021 ATLYMPIC GAMES 🏅

Announcement @2x.png

Note: The Atlympic Games have begun! Sign up here and then join the Atlympics Group to get in on the fun. 

Esteemed Community Members,

We are excited to announce the 2021 Atlympic Games. Spoiler - you’ve already qualified!

The three values of Atlympics are connectingsharing and learning. These values align closely with our Community’s goal of promoting new relationships, sharing knowledge, and helping teams work better together.

The Atlympic games will run from July 23rd to August 8th of 2021. Sign up here to participate in the first ever Community Atlympic Games!

The Atlympics will test in equal parts your Atlassian Community spirit and product knowledge. But mostly we hope that you’ll meet new friends (and/or worthy competitors depending on how much you want to win 😂).

Quick rundown of the Atlympics:

• You will fall into three types of Atlympic athlete: Community Leader, Community Member, or Atlassian Team Member. You will only compete against the people in your category.

• Once your sign up, we'll email you a link to join the Atlympics Community Group where you can access training materials and connect with fellow athletes
  • We will have 12 events in total, with categories ranging from Product (Trello) to Teamwork (Playbook)

• We will update this post at 8AM PST on July 23rd, linking out to all 12 of our challenge categories

• The top three competitors in each category (Community Leader, Community Member, or Atlassian Team Member) will receive a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal (both in badge and physical form).

• We’ll also send overall Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals to the competitors who excelled cross-category

• We will have both opening ceremonies to meet our fellow competitors 🤝, and closing ceremonies to congratulate our new friends  

• While the Atlympics are an individual competition, we will also publish some geography data at the end to give shoutouts to countries whose members went above and beyond!

Keep an eye on this post - we will add a schedule of training opportunities/social events soon! In the meantime, please introduce yourself on this thread! Bonus points if you post a photo of yourself doing an actual sport.

70 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 23, 2021

I'm in! 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Sounds like a fun! I'm in!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

Very curious about thisone!

Let’s Gooooooo! :fistpump:

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

I'm in - and I swear no one paid me to say this!

disappears in a puff of smoke, right into a mysterious Slack thread

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

I'm in!

Like # people like this
Nour June 23, 2021

Great! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

I'm in!!   Thanks!

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

It's on like Donkey Kong!!

donkey kong GIF

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

Great idea, I've signed up.

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

I'm in! 

Like # people like this
Ferre Bynoe June 24, 2021

I'm in! 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jan Szczepanski
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

ezgif-7-306e37d87d13.gif

Like # people like this
Farina BP June 24, 2021

I don't really do sports but here's a picture of me supporting sports as a Gamesmaker at the London 2012 Olympics.

2020-10-14.jpg

Like # people like this
Yassin June 24, 2021

I am definitely in :) 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

I'm in... bring it!

Like # people like this
Mariano June 24, 2021

My Body Is Ready | Know Your Meme

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 24, 2021

@Farina BP coolest photo of all time!! 

Like Farina BP likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

I am in ☺️

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

I am in

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

Wow, just the right kicking off the spirit. Super excited to meet and greet other leader's and learn new concepts. Here's my yoga practice pose from the recently concluded Visakhapatnam Atlassian chapter event. (not to mention about the Atlassian High velocity t-Shirt)

Yoga.jpg

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

This looks so fun!!! Signing up now!!

Like Bridget likes this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2021

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in also. 

Like Bridget likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 1, 2021

Here I am, participating in my best event, floating around a pool and drinking a white wine spritzer.  Not to brag but I have a gold medal in this. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 12.50.36 PM.png

Like # people like this
Tanya C July 2, 2021

I'm in!  I'll sign up using my Atlassian account.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events