Quotes that Matched my life, What about yours?

Whenever we come across motivational quotes on social media we always try to relate it to our life.

Below is the 5 Quotes which I used to relate it to my life:

1.Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.

After completing the higher secondary I wanted to pursue Hotel Management and Catering Technology.  However, I ended up joining Engineering. Initially, I was not happy about not getting what I wanted. However, I never let the Sadness ruin my future. I took My Engineering education serious and moved forward. If I was struck with the sadness, I would not have been in the position in which I am right now.

2. There are no failures only feedbacks.

During my final year in Engineering, we were preparing for campus placement. When one of the good company came to campus for recruitment. I prepared well and was confident that I would be getting recruited by that company. However it didn’t go as expected, I failed to clear the first round of the campus interview. I was sad at that point of time but later, I sat and analyzed my mistakes made sure that I am prepared for the next interview. And I was able to crack the next campus placement.

3. Don’t call it as a dream, Call it as a plan.

It is always best to have multiple plans if plan A doesn’t work try on Plan B. Most of us make the mistake of telling out our dream/plan. But only a few work on the dream/plan and make it happen. And if we failed to achieve our dream/plan is okay. Focus on the next plan. I had multiple plans for my college Plan A to get a job in a core company, Plan B to pursue Higher Education, Plan C to get a job in IT sector. And my plan A and B failed and I was able to succeed on my Plan C which is to work in the IT Sector

4. What you want you might get or might not, but always make the best of whatever you get.

As an Electronics and Communication Engineering Student, I wanted to work in my core field. I even declined my Campus offers and started trying for the Core companies. Unfortunately, I was not able to get an offer in Core Company, after searching Jobs in Core for a period of 8 months after engineering. I attended Walking in few IT companies, After a couple of months, I landed in Dell EMC, as an Analyst enterprise tech support, What I wanted and what I got is completely different, Instead of worrying about what I didn’t get, I utilized the opportunity which I got. Now I have been working in the support field for almost 3 years and it is going great.

5. Never Give up, Great things take time.

It’s always easy to give up rather than to stand and fight. But every time you give up now, you will regret later in life. It is always best to keep trying, keep pushing yourself. I was unemployed for a period of 10 months after completing my engineering. However. I was working hard, pushing myself and most importantly I never gave up. Few of my friends, they gave up working hard, they stopped pushing themselves and as a result, they couldn’t move forward in life.

I believe you should be having your own quotes which matched your life. Feel free to share them in the comments.

5 comments

Comment

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

This is such a great question for getting to know people! It seems like all your quotes are connected to resilience in some way. Do you consider yourself to be a resilient person? 

Mine would probably be:

It is better to be loving than to be right. 
I'm totally a know-it-all and I care about the principle of things, and growing up that could easily come across as mean. A family friend—sort of like an uncle—shared this one with me. I started trying to tell myself this in middle school because I was beginning to see how that tendency could hurt my relationship with others.

Do it right & do it right now. 
My dad says this one all the time. I think it comes in handy at work and in my personal life. It's sorta like patching something up so you can resolve a JIRA ticket and get it off your plate rather than digging in and making sure the problem is really solved... "Right and Now" reminds me to get stuff done, but do it well the first time around.

Sometimes, to take things seriously, we have to take them lightly. 
Because I can be so focused on getting things done or defending my idea, I can get disconnected from other people's feelings. But the small talk and the goofing around on projects builds trust and relationships, and that's super important! I also think about this while I'm doing yoga or running. If I have a goal I'm working toward, making sure every workout is a little fun is going to make it easier to reach. :)

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

Hi @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy ,

Those are some good quotes and examples too 😁.

-Sri

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

I'll give you my family quotes, shared generation to generation :)

❤️ The difficult things take some effort, the impossible a little more.

😄 Happiness is profitable

🤺 You'll never go to bed without learning something new. Acknowledge your day

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

Wow @Fernando Bordallo 

Nice once 😁👌

Brett Coster February 9, 2020

These are awesome quotes, and the examples really bring them to life. 

My favourite is:

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
- Buckminster Fuller

There is so much in this quote that continues to inspire my every action, dream and plan for the future.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events