Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🎧 Podcast alert: How I Built This with Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar

Hello, Atlassian Community! 

I wanted to give you a heads up on a new episode of How I Built This with Guy Raz - all about Atlassian!

ep173_atlassian_kristen-uroda_wide-f05ab56831c45523c57511df8244959b4a2b6e32-s1600-c85.jpg

In the episode, you'll hear from Atlassian founders Mike and Scott about how an email and a deep desire to never wear suits led to the Atlassian we know and love today. (With a whole lot in between, of course). 

Give it a listen, and let us know what you think in the comments below!

9 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Noticed our favorite kanban tool Trello is pictured here. I wonder what Mike and Scott used to build Atlassian and/or their initial products? Unless they time-travelled and used Trello.

Like • # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

@Dave Liao : Jira Jr. obviously... 😉

Like • Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Listening to the podcast - just learned about the early Atlassian Support System, and how the founders didn't realize it had an un-ideal acronym until a year later. 💙 Also love that support.atlassian is also referred to by that name in its support article.

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

"The first rule of Atlassian Support System: never use the acronym for Atlassian Support System."

Like • # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

@Darryl Lee - I guess it's an unwritten rule, I don't want to assume otherwise 😜

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

@Dave Liao ah come'on! spoiler alert! ;-)

Like • Dave Liao likes this
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

I was so excited to see this podcast pop up in my queue! :)

Michael Kimathi February 14, 2021

The personality, the culture, the mindset and the approach to solution (s). Great podcast.

Eva Kasiak March 23, 2021

great story about two guys who got the willingness, dreams, and persistence to build and keep trying. I think what got me was the statement about pursuing the ideas and sacrifices the money. What counts most in life are non-material things. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events