It is okay to not be okay - but please ask for help

A lot of people are experiencing life outside of their comfort zone right now. And while the positive thinking tribe shine with the buzz words, mantras, and reminders to be grateful, there are other people who are just not feeling the same way.

Even this cute Facebook post I saw assumes the reader is in a position to be someone else's rainbow or sunlight.

image (2).png

So what if you don't have any space sunbeams to share? Maybe this next image will be more useful for you.

There are no prizes for ticking all the boxes, but if you find yourself agreeing to more an a couple of the orange or blue options please ask for help.

This is an international community so I can only offer a few  links as starting places for people. Please share others in your comments below.

Sometimes to #embrace-remote you need to admit to yourself that you are not okay, which is okay, and then ask for help.

11 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2020

Great minds clearly think alike. Here are some great shareable bits of advice (and humour) from the Mental Health foundation of New Zealand.

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2020

Like # people like this
Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 30, 2020

@Kat Warner Very nicely captured and we all need this! Thank you for sharing!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

Great read @Kat Warner!  Really enjoyed the insights!

david_willson April 30, 2020

Great use of images, I'm really happy you posted this.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

Thanks for sharing this. Most of us get caught up on our daily stuff and forget to reflect on all we're actually going through. Well done.

I would like to share a post by Ricardo Vargas I saw on LinkedIn that touches on the same thing.

COVID-19-chart.jpg

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
May 4, 2020

@Ivan Lima - I love that the growth zone is not fulled with talk of side-hustles and knowledge acquisition.

Like Ivan Lima likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
May 4, 2020

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
May 5, 2020

No photo description available.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2020

These are all such great reminders!! Thanks for sharing :) 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

This is great article. Thanks for sharing @Kat Warner !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events