Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Countdown 2020 - The lost days part 14 - Mirek

calendar.png

Due to the article size limit, older days have to be removed from the main article.

Here is day 19:

19.jpg

mirek.png 

Song of the day: 12 Days of Christmas by Pentatonix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UHmQANFtNs) - This version is almost as good as @Darline Auguste 's version!  

We’re back in Europe and arrived in Poland. We have an appointment with Mirek today. Mirek is an online Leader for a long time. Btw. does anybody know his last name? It's a miracle, he's just Mirek, the one and only  ;-)

Mirek gave me a map of Poland. Just in case you do not know where it is:

poland.png 

Hi Mirek, welcome to this year’s calendar! Day 19 is yours!

How and when did you become one of Atlassian's Community Leaders?

Well.. I am part of the Atlassian "Community" for more than a decade already, but as a Community Leader next year in April I think it would be 3 years. I remember I got an question from @Erica Moss do I want to join a new program and after quick consideration I decided to be part of this awesome initiative!

What motivates you being a Community Leader?

Helping others. I am that kind of person that like to help when someone is having a problem or have a question and really happy when my answer / advice was helpful. That is giving satisfaction and more motivation to work harder :)

What was the first time you ever used an Atlassian product?

More than a decade ago.. I started by installing Jira.. I think it was Jira 3.x and then tried to learn other applications as well. It was a nice journey. Sometimes I wish I can install one of the old versions and use that UI again :) ..

jira.png

Oh yes, I remember this design as well. Sometimes I wish I had this old version running on a server somewhere and be able to show it to people complaining about a new look of Jira or Confluence  

Mirek likes sports activities:

I play basketball. Until I can since I am getting older of course.. But this is my passion for many years…

image.png 

basketball-christmas.jpg 

This might be the perfect Christmas Tree ornament for you!

Mirek, do you have a resolution for 2021?

Hmm.. I had for 2020, but everyone see now how this year was a gamechanger in our lives.. In 2021 let's just try to find some time to recover and be able to say next year on Christmas time that it was a good year.

What is your favorite holiday meal?

Actually holiday meals are always unique and taste differently than normal day to day food so everything that is on the table is my favorite. Sadly after holiday .. We have to go to a gym to lose a few pounds ;)

santa-gym.jpg 

(vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com)  

How do you usually celebrate New Year's Eve? Will it be different this year?

With friends! I hope it would be not different.. and we would still be able to meet even there is pandemic and everyone should stay at home..

Here's your chance to give a special shoutout to someone - who is it and why?

I give a special shoutout to everyone here that are actively participating. This community is still living no matter if there is pandemic or not.. You are all awesome and keep posting and replying. That is showing that we can keep moving on and support each other all the time. That is the best Community ever and I am happy being a part of it!

Thank you Mirek for being our number 19 this year. I wish you some wonderful Christmas days, a funny New Year’s Eve with your friends and a happy new year 2021! I’m looking forward to seeing you again at Summit 2022! Wherever this will be.

1 comment

Comment

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2020

Thanks, Mirek & Thomas for sharing this awesome annual calendar article for 2020!

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events