Holiday Countdown 2020 - The lost days part 12 - Liam Green

calendar.png

Due to the article size limit, older days have to be removed from the main article.

Here is day 17:

17.jpg

liam.jpg 

Song of the day: Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQmQdtfeaiU)

From the Czech Republic to the UK is just a short hop (well, at least until January…). We are travelling to Stoke on Trent today, home of Liam Green.

Stoke_on_Trent_collage.jpg  

(Picture By Martyn DaviesRaintheoneRaintheoneRaintheoneRept0n1xMike Peel - File:Bottle Kiln - geograph.org.uk - 1716390.jpgFile:One Smithfield 2.jpgFile:Golden Sculpture Stoke on Trent 4.jpgFile:Hanley Cultural Quarter (Piccadilly).jpgFile:Silver tree, Central Forest Park, Stoke-on-Trent.jpgFile:Trentham Gardens 2015 14.jpg, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=76205298)

Hello Liam, it’s December, 17th and today is your day! Welcome to our annual Holiday Calendar. Give him a big shoutout, folks! He’s one of our newest leaders!

Liam about his Hometown:

We’re known as The Potteries, as for hundreds of years we were the biggest producer of ceramics in the world. You may have heard of names like Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and Spode – all these originated in the area.

Liam, I wrote already, you are one of our newest Leaders. How and when did it happen?

I became a Community Leader in November 2020! I had been active on the Community for a little while and saw the Leader program, so I applied and was accepted

What motivates you being a Community Leader?

Swag!

swag.JPG 

Ha - you’re not alone - can you beat @Jeff Tillett  and his Summit swag loot? Come to the next Summit (hopefully in 2022) and show us yours! (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Summit-discussions/Are-you-a-maniac-for-merch-Or-a-goodies-grinch-Share-your-swag/td-p/986838)

All joking aside, I really like helping people. I also find a lot of the time when I’m answering or looking at questions I find something new that will help me in my work

What was the first time you ever used an Atlassian product?

I started looking at Atlassian products in early 2019, and the company I work for took the plunge and moved to Atlassian for our service desk in Q3 2019.

If you could go back in time to give yourself an advice, professional or personal. What would it be?

Don’t sweat the small stuff!

So right, most of the time, it's not worth it.

What do you like to do for fun?

We have a very cute pug x shih tzu, called Peggy, so I like taking her on little walks. Pug’s were originally bred to sit on emperor’s laps – ours knows this and won’t walk too far because of this! Here are a few Christmas pictures of her in a Christmas hat, Santa outfit and with her snowman.

peggy1.jpg peggy2.jpgpeggy3.jpg 

OMG, she's so cute... 

Liams resolution for 2021:

I don’t usually make resolutions (I figure if I want to do something I shouldn’t wait until new year!), but my resolution for 2021 is Atlassian certification!

Good Luck! I’m sure you will pass it!

What is your fondest holiday memory?

There are thousands of wonderful memories I have from over the years, but a particular favourite was taking a break from Christmas shopping with my fiancée and dad-in-law to try on silly Christmas hats!

hats.jpg 

Do you have a favorite holiday treat?

I love sweet things – particularly mince pies and stollen!

mince-pie-577878_640.jpg 

Are there Christmas songs that you love or can't stand?

I can’t stand ‘The Darkness – Christmas Time’… 

(It's not linked here, who wants to hear a song Liam doesn't like, especially on his calendar day...)

I love lots of the others though, Slade (link on top)

Wizzard always remind me of being a child

Second song of the day: Wizzard - I wish it could be Christmas everyday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrg_QDMRAnI - it’s a nice animated video - but wait for Slade to finish first - and don't search for The Darkness!!

Your favorite holiday movies?

I really like Love Actually, and It’s a Wonderful Life as I have great memories of gathering Christmas Eve night to sit and watch it.

loveactually.png 

wonderfullife.jpg 

What are you grateful for?

My fiancée, family and friends. This has been such a strange year, but I think family and friends are more important than ever.

What do you love about living in the UK?

The UK is really a cultural sponge. We’ve been invaded so many times over history that we now have all these customs and traditions. It makes the country really different from one end to the other, and I think we’re lucky to have so much green countryside

Grinch or Santa?

Santa every time!

grinch-santa.jpg

Oh oh, it’s not looking good for Grinch…

Liam, please show us your Christmas tree!

tree.jpg 

Here it is, my future mum-in-law is the one who decorates it – and there are decorations all over it!

If you could change something about the way we celebrate the last days of the year, what would it be?

All shops and businesses would be closed from 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan, that way everyone would be with their family.

Well, this sounds a bit like this Christmas but I'm sure there might be a better reason for closing the shops...

Here's your chance to give a special shoutout to someone - who is it and why?

My fiancée – I wouldn’t be anywhere without her, she is the single best thing to ever happen to me and I love her very much!

Thank you Liam for filling this day with such wonderful stories and photos. I’m totally in love with Peggy! Merry Christmas to you and your family, enjoy your mince pies and all the best for 2021! We’ll meet at the next Summit in person, hunting for swag  

1 comment

Comment

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2020

Thanks, Liam Green & Thomas for sharing this awesome annual calendar article for 2020!

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events