cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embracing Remote - The case of "I've Always Dreamed Of"

"I've always dreamed of starting a cooking class."

"I've always dreamed of having time to learn Italian."

"I've always wanted to be better at programming."

And you already know where this article will go. We discussed so many topics, ideas, and opportunities on how to make your work-at-home time more productive, comfortable, and less frustrating. If we keep to the prescription of having a good sleep, nutritious food, enough active and family time, and just about the right amount of work hours, it seems that we are eligible to level up.  

To have a Me-Time is essential for your well being, and using the Me-Time for self-improvements is the best thing you can do.

(well, that's an option too (big grin) )

94691061_2914292221979767_3985593521699553280_n.jpg

For example, I've always wanted to make a how-to video recipe for my blog. When I am stuck at home, I have the opportunity to use the perfect daylight for shooting. I gave it a try and it worth it! Now I have a load of creative work, just waiting around the corner, and my brain is happy.

My partner used this piece of time to start learning Unity game development (and he looks very passionate about it).

We are in the sea of endless possibilities and information which we can use to enhance our skills, create new ones, find something that will spark up our lives. Here are some useful platforms with free resources and tons of content focused on various areas:

Coursera: more than 3900 paid and free courses from leading universities and companies

https://www.coursera.org

Pluralsight: technology and development learning paths to level-up your skills

https://www.pluralsight.com

FutureLearn: from creative arts to engineering, perfect for finding a new hobby, curious project or just a block of information

https://www.futurelearn.com

And if you are already tired of being overproductive in all these areas - well, make some tea, get a book and enjoy the good life. (smile)

4 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2020

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ this is a fantastic article!  I LOVE that picture.  I have found that personally I need to balance using Me-time to "level up" vs curling up and enjoying the latest <insert streaming platform of choice> has to offer.

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2020

Thank you, @Jimmy Seddon (as always!)

I shifted my perspective after spending a few nights with just browsing an endless Instagram food feeds :D

I felt so brainwashed that I took a step aside and made a plan.

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hi @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_

Thank you for posting.  I've enjoyed being able to spend extra time with my wife and dog.  We have been going on a couple of mid day walks that we normally wouldn't be able to do if one of us was in the office.  Awesome training resources.  I have done a little bit of Agile coursework through Udemy.

Cheers!
Tim

GBeirao May 5, 2020

Nice Read, It's funny because I had a similar feeling about this time, but it turns out I think being at home makes me work harder... I tend to work longer hours and take less breaks and the time I thought I would have to do everything you mention kind of disappears somehow... #embrace-remote

Similarly I cycle to work so my commute is not 'wasted' as such, i'm finding it tricky to get in enough exercise :( But I do get to spend more time with the family! :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events