Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Botron's Office Stories: An Ancient Bulgarian Developers on a Team Building

What you imagine when you hear the phrase "team building"? 

Most of the team building ads promote group activities like treasure hunts, games, capturing flags or jumping around with tied legs, of course, followed by dinner, beers, and sweets. Sounds cool enough.

But not for us!

This year we wrote a new page in our Book of Team Buildings. Actually, we burned the old one and started new. (big grin)

Chapter 1: We arrived in a 4-stars SPA Hotel, and all we knew was, "tomorrow we'll have an activity." Okay, okay, sure, now give us the food! 

Chapter 2: Tomorrow came fast — our appointment location: the Zoo.

Hmmm... sounds awkward. We'll feed the lamas? Clean some cages? Looks like a team "building" to me!

No, no, and ... no.

Chapter Team-Building: 2:00 PM, we arrived at a place called "Baga-Tur": school for ancient Bulgarian survival techniques. Unexpected! 

Can you believe that a group of people working in a Software Company can forget that things like phones, wifi, laptops, and Facebook even exist?! I saw it with my own eyes and still can't believe it. (smile)

The event started with a presentation, lecture, and live "demo" of the skills that our ancestors developed a long time ago. Horse riding, archery, swords, whips, armors, a bunch of things that we usually see around YouTube while sitting in our comfortable office spaces. These men and woman were outstanding!

20190531_80D_068.JPG20190531_80D_032.jpg

Prepare for the real story - I'm starting with the photo storm!

20190531_80D_098.JPG

Yep, that's us - a few serious looks, few smiles, few "what are we doing here!!" calls for help. 

20190531_80D_102.jpg

No team member was spared, we all gather at the playground in an epic story of bow shoots, horse rides, fight games, jokes, and laughs. We completely forgot the modern world, the technology, and chaos - thanks to Baga-Tur we have some photos from the activities, otherwise, you would have seen some generic illustration and 1 photo from my phone. (smile)

20190531_80D_139.jpg

Hello, coordination, it's been a while.

20190531_80D_244.jpg

Well, it feels stable so far.

20190531_80D_328.jpg20190531_80D_418.jpg

Let the Game begin! And keep focused, because the CEO is watching.

20190531_80D_460.jpg20190531_80D_502.jpg

Do you see it? It's easy! 

Yeah, long-haired guy, if you're doing this at least two times a day :)

20190531_80D_528.jpg

Some of you may know Peter and George in person, but in quite different situations. Wow, they were too good for that!

20190531_80D_567.jpg

20190531_80D_618.jpg20190531_80D_621.jpg

4 hours later, we were exhausted, and again proud to call ourselves a Team! 

20190531_80D_651.jpg

And that's me. Always Grumpy. Heart <3 

20190531_80D_297.JPG

Cheers to the Teams! (smile)

2 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2019

That is an amazing team building event!  It's great to see you work for a company that cares enough about it's employees to do something different and extravagant.

Great post!  Thanks for including all the pictures I'm quite jealous.

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2019

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon :)

We are here to inspire!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events