Atlassian Facewatch for Samsung Active Watch 2

Hi all!

A couple of months ago, I bought a smart watch, because I wanted to monitor all the steps I made within a day. Later on, I started using it to work out and count calories, which is great! One of the good things about smart watches, is that you can change their face, their appearance. This weekend I started experimenting with creating one, and what better to do, but an "Atlassian" Face.

The watch's hands comprise from Atlassian products, as well as Atlassian's logo. Within this version I included the 5 Atlassian values, which will appear on your smart watch screen during the 24h period. In addition, the Atlassian logo is also the battery indicator. As the battery drains out, the logo becomes more transparent. Finally, when you charge your phone, a JSM icon appear next to the battery.

Besides the above features, you can see the date and day, as well as the number of steps you take during the day. There is still work to be done, and when in final state I'm planning to release it for free.

What would you like to see in such a watch face? 

com.watchface.Atlassian_211004170436.png 20211004_170211.jpg

EDIT Newest version screenshots:

com.watchface.Atlassian_211103214137.pngcom.watchface.Atlassian_211103221935.pngcom.watchface.Atlassian_211103221737.pngcom.watchface.Atlassian_211103220325.pngcom.watchface.Atlassian_211103220310.pngcom.watchface.Atlassian_211103221904.png

7 comments

Comment

Mark Jestings October 4, 2021

Nice!! Although I don't have a smart watch, I'm thinking on buying one! Really cool work. Keep us updated

tumblr_pponwkHMMm1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

Hi @Bridget and @Monique vdB!

Hope that you are ok! I'm not sure if you have seen this thread that I posted a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't, please take a look :) The reason I'm mentioning you here, is to ask for your guidance. I want to ask from Atlassian permission to use their logo for the face watch that I created. I don't intend to sell this particular face on any store and I just want to upload it. But in order to do that, I will need Atlassian's consent (read this). The only changes I did to Atlassian's logo was:

• Logo's opacity is reducing as battery level is going down. Meaning less battery -> less logo visibility
  • Atlassian's logo flickers/distorts for 10 secs, every hour (a cool effect :) )
  • I used the Sourcetree logo, Jira logo, Jira software logo and Atlassian's logo to build the hands of the watch as well as the index.

Do you think that such permission is possible to be given?

Alex

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Bridget and @Monique vdB!
Any news concerning the above request? It's though if you don't know if I such permission can be given, but I would really appreciate an answer, so as to plan my next steps! :)

Thaaank you!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 11, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ this is so cool! I will follow up internally and see what I can learn. Thanks for the ping! 

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2021

Thanx Monique! :)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 14, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I did hear back from our brand team. They were super impressed with the design and creativity! Unfortunately they said the design would need to be for personal use only and wouldn't be able to be uploaded to a marketplace for legal and trademark reasons. I wish I had better news because the design is so cool! 💙

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

@Monique vdB thanks for getting back to me with updates on this! It's ok and totally understandable. No worries :)

Thnx again for your time! I appreciate it <3

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events