🚀 Announcing: Atlassian Space Services

Today’s announcement is out of this world – literally. Atlassian is sending one of our own into space. This unprecedented move will pressure take remote work where no one only a handful of people have gone before.

Think you have what it takes to join the ultimate distributed team? Take this quiz to see if you qualify for future Atlassian Space Services (ASS) missions.

Happy with your results? This challenge is for you. Post the top five items on your space-station packing list in the comments below. Who knows, we might just name a star after the poster with the most upvotes! 

For more details about how to get more involved in ASS, be sure to visit our very official site.

Up, up, and away!

17 comments

Comment

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

ooh this is a tough one! I'd like to take:

1. my phone (for my music playlist)

2. noise canceling headphones

3. my cloudie to keep me company

4. a pretty rock to remind me of my home planet and my good luck charm

5. sunglasses

Beam me up Scotty; I'm ready to go!

Like • # people like this
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

1. Family picture

2. My Argentinean Mate kit with supplies 

3. A soft pillow

4. Hawaiian music :)

5. Pineapples 

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

Packing list? Hmm.

1. Headphones. I bet things get noisy up there
  2. Spare glasses in case my pair get broken. Do contact lenses have problems in zero-g?
  3. A tracking tool to plan my days. How is ServiceNow for that these days?
  4. Something comforting
  5. Spare toilet paper - think how much I could sell it for when I return!
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

I'm not sure if my quiz results meant I passed or not! 😅

My packing list?

• an ultraportable laptop (for journaling, and I'd leave my smartphone at home)
  • noise-canceling headphones
  • a six-pack of Boon's hot sauce
  • a spare pair of glasses
  • a coffee-making kit (with lots of coffee beans)
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

@Dave Liao  I just read the onboarding instructions and only 10 coffee beans are allowed.  But don’t worry I will share my Mate with you :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021
  1. A cat (assuming we can establish they're ok with the trip up and/or back, can adapt and they don't mind being called an "item")
  2. A decent computer of some sort for non-work stuff, so one for a bit of gaming, tech tinkering, music, video, photos and so-on ( I'm assuming the ones on the space station should be restricted to work purposes).
  3. My oldest Atlassian t-shirt, for a bit of nostalgia (and it's good to relax in)
  4. The cuddly penguin I've had since I was about 2.  (2 hours old, not years)
  5. A very large amount of chilli (preserved peppers, sauce, don't mind - just something with a bite that can be added to space-food for flavour)

Additional notes

Like • Bridget likes this
scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021
  1. some type of phone/tablet/laptop so I can connect to my Atlassian applications.
  2. coffee is a must.
  3. my earbuds, so I don't disturb everyone else while listening to music on #1.
  4. picture(s) of family/friends
  5. my own smoked beef jerky in vacuum sealed bags (because I make the best beef jerky).
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

For the most part of it, I think I will go on the bare minimum 😅.

• A phone with my music playlist and photos.
  • A laptop - because I will need to watch all those star-trek movies on a bigger screen.
  • A pair of socks - space is cold you know.
  • Wireless headphones - In space no one can hear you scream, so need the music while I'm there.
  • Water - lots of it. I think this would probably take the most space in my backpack.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

@Prince Nyeche  - I think a lot of us are trying to play  this one a bit!  For example, I said "a computer for non work stuff" - that could be anything from a small smartphone through to a serious gaming machine.

I think you have another space, as "a phone" and "a laptop" are both "a computer for non-work stuff".  Is there another thing you would add to the list?

(Loving the idea of the socks, yes, it's allegedly cold, the socks would be a win.  But maybe not as getting rid of heat is a massive problem for everything we've thrown into space)

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  

Haha...I like to travel light. So the lighter the load the better. Hmm come to think of it, it wouldn't be bad to carry some tea bags. I always thought how cool is it to sip a cup of tea in space 😆

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

You’re grounded.😅.

It seems that space travel does not welcome me.

1.png

Of course, if I really have the opportunity to participate, I will bring the following items.

1.Lots of pizzas and burgers

2.Fitness equipment and Swimming pool 

3.A robot bartender 

4.Vitamins and plenty of juice 

5.computer 

BTW, this reminds me of a movie "Passengers" ^_^

src=http _img5.mtime.cn_pi_2016_11_08_100842.49226302_1000X1000.jpg&refer=http _img5.mtime.cn&app=2002&size=f9999,10000&q=a80&n=0&g=0n&fmt=jpeg.jpg

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2021

This is amazing and it gives a whole new flavor to remote work.!

Here is my crazy list:

1. My guitar - (imagine playing a Guitar in Zero Gravity :D), I will release the first ever space album.!
  2. My Laptop - (binge watching continues)
  3. a smartphone - (Not that you are going to disconnect me from an official connection, but want to speak to my family dear ones)
  4. a big powerful binoculars :D -- (to see my house, and my street in India)
  5. Food and Water - (how long can you eat vitamin tablets and run the show) 
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

This skyrocketed my April experience. Literally! :D

List list, let me see ...

1. Food

2. Oven

3. Phone

4. My grumpy fella stuffed toy

5. My Community blanket

You can't stop me from cooking. ðŸ˜†

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

This sounds to me like April fool. We call it in French (Poisson d'Avril)

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

Ok, after careful consideration my list would be

1. Sunscreen - I suspect I'm gonna need it as I burn easily and it might be like "Walking on the Sun "

2. Sunglasses - gotta look cool for the trip! Probably need "a wear and a spare" of Cheap Sunglasses

3. Confluence Hawaiian shirt - double duty, stylish, comfy, and reminds me to document my experience.  I've been told "it's the bomb" - maybe like a B-52

4. Beef Jerky  - the ultimate travel food!

5. Dr Pepper - can be tough to get outside of Texas. Garth Brooks has a few words about it

* Smuggled item -  phone for #3 plus listening to music like "Fool in the Rain", "I was a Fool ", or "Chain of Fools" wink

Thanks Communiteam for putting this fun together (on top of the effort by Atlassians who created the microsite, play list, quiz, etc.) - love you all!!!

Esther Ovie
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

This sounds fun and great

For my list I would have

• Food and drinks, yeah lots of it to ensure the experience is enjoyable without starving

•My laptop and phone 

• My atlassian blanket

• A good pillow to ensure I  fully relaxed

• Good sunglasses

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2021

Hi Everyone !!!

atlassian.JPG

My Packing List?

1.- Family photo
2.- My computer and mobile
3.- My Superman t-shirt
4.- My favorite food and water
5.- My Atlassian thermos

Cheers

TAGS