2021 Atlassian Community Year in Review

Year_in_review_banner.png

Community Members, 

As we countdown to 2022, it's important to take a moment to reflect on the amazing achievements and unforgettable moments that happened on our community in 2021.

secondbanner.png

visiotrs.png

17.6 million is a lot of folks! And we appreciate every single person who visits and contributes to our community. We also want to recognize the folks who went above and beyond in 2021!

members.png

Standout Leaders:

Standout Members:

Standout Atlassians:

communityevents.png

We already gave a shoutout to our wonderful Community Leaders from Cologne, but let's also hear it for Berlin and Nairobi! 

Berlin-Brandenberg Leaders: @Joerg Mueller-Kindt , @Lo Voelsen 

Nairobi Leader: @Michael Kimathi _AC Nairobi_ Kenya_ 

Okay - so it's clear that we got a lot of done in terms of connecting, sharing, and learning this past year. But perhaps just as importantly, we had a ton of fun doing it! Here's a look back on some of the contest and campaigns that went down in 2021:

Customer Love Month: Of course February is all about showing our customers how much we 💙 them

Veronica Rivas.png

Confluence love poem by the inimitable @Verónica Rivas 

JSM June: We tapped into our inner rockstars to literally write the first ITSM Platinum single

grafik.png

@Daniel Ebers created this beautiful high velocity masterpiece

Meet-less May: A reminder for all to go meet-less with Confluence

meet-less.png

@Danyel Franco , among others, goes meet-less!

Jira July: A month long celebration of Jira! 

dave.jpeg

Here's @Dave Liao enjoying some Dunkin' in celebrating of National Jira Admin Appreciation Day 😂. 

THE ATLYMPICS: The first-ever Atlympics lined up nicely with another renowned sports competition

Kishan.png

He is Atlympian @Kishan Sharma  showing off his new hardware!

Collaboratory: Community members donned lab coats in August to crack the perfect Teamwork equation

c2d32b65-49cd-43ee-9a0e-732fa097e7d8.png

@Preston VanSanden working his magic at the Collaboratory Happy Hour where Confluence scientists sipped "Collabinis" and "Pina Collabas." Shout out to Jerry Garcia Pedraza, @Kythera of Anevern , and @Amanda Barber for sharing the love on social!

ApptoberfestWe said "Prost" to Marketplace Apps during October 

high-five.gif

The Foxly team really got into the Apptoberfest spirit 🍻👞🥨 Apptoberfest 👉 Prioritizing Octoberfest Pub Crawl with Foxly 🦊

Premium week: For teams who aren't afraid to dream big!

correctanswers.png

@Anna Sakhno was one of the many Community members who aced the Premium Week quiz! 

The Great Atlassian Bake OffThe most delicious Community challenge yet

ab276b3d-bfe9-4c50-bfbd-2547f79662ff.png

Congratulations to @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ for winning "ACE Baker"

Confluence Holiday Workshop: Confluence elves and Community members spread holiday cheer and gratitude

Laura.png

Move over, Bing Crosby, @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ wrote the next big holiday hit!

We can't talk about 2021 without mentioning Groups, which had a record breaking year in terms of traffic and engagement. The Welcome Center kept its crown from last year as most active, followed by two new groups: Teamwork Lab and Speaker Bench

supergroups.png

Shoutout to these Group's Leaders:

Welcome Center: @Jimmy Seddon , @Erica Moss

Teamwork Lab: @Fabienne Gerhard , @Christine P_ Dela Rosa

Speaker Bench: @Sharon Tan@Cassie Mayes 

there's more.png

Thanks for another amazing year, Atlassian Community! Here's to 2022 🥂

Bridget + The Atlassian Community Team ❤️

36 comments

Comment

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

👏👏👏 What a crazy year this was!

The community events surpassed my expectations this year 🤩 so much variety. Can't wait for what 2022 is going to bring us 🚀

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 20, 2021

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ thanks for coming along for the ride! So impressed by all of your accomplishments this year. 

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

What an awesome year @Bridget + The Atlassian Community Team 🤩  🥳

I can't tell you how much fun I've had sharing solutions, writing articles and cooking up Confluence inspired Christmas songs... I'm still humming away to "Merry Confluence Everyone" 

Thank you for making it such a great year as both a member and a Community Leader, very excited to see what 2022 has in store ✨

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 20, 2021

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ our Community wouldn't be the same without you! I also have Merry Confluence Everyone stuck in my head 😅

Like # people like this
Luke Hostetler December 20, 2021

Thank you all for making 2021 such a great year!

thank-you.gif

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
December 20, 2021

What an incredible year! I love this post and I love the Atlassian Community! 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

So much stuff happened this year!! It's great to see it all in a beautiful (and delicious) recap like this. We couldn't have done it without all our amazing community members!!!yougetamedal.gif

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
December 20, 2021

@BiancaE very apt given the Atlympics! 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

🙏 2021 was better because of you all, and I can't wait for 2022!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

ts mind blown.gif

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_  - that cake.   My last job, before moving to Adaptavist, was with a small media company that ran on cake (and daleks). 

If you wanted something doing, you would go ask the team who would do it, and the response was always "yes, but write me a Jira issue, so it can be tracked and we can write notes, and flip it to a Confluence page if it's an interesting one, and and and"

If you wanted something doing quickly though, you had to have cake to offer

But there's a problem - when someone makes such a good-looking cake, you don't want to ruin it by eating it.  But I want to eat it.  Argh!

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

Congratulations to the community and all partners, 2022 will be better!🍻

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

2021 was such a happening year in the Community! Looking forward for many more amazing events in 2022.

Glad to be part of the Atlassian Community 💙

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

All KUDOS to @Christine P_ Dela Rosa ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Take A Bow Youre Welcome GIF

Like # people like this
Krimo Khermane
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Whaaaat? Extra Amazing Events! This made my day! 🥳🥳🥳 And I'm sending BIG KUDOS to my amazing co-leaders @Andree Lindenblatt _AC Cologne_Dusseldorf_ @Maxine Kröll and the help of this amazing community to make 43 events happen.

Congratulations to the community and all partners - you achieved a lot this year.

Like # people like this
Aldo Díaz December 21, 2021

siuuu

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

What is the word for retroactive FOMO? ROMO (regret on missing out)? Well, reading through this I have serious ROMO for 2021. After becoming more active in Q4, I see now what 2022 can and will look like and I am PUMPED!

Thank you to all of the amazing community leaders, content contributors, writers and collaborators that I have had the privilege of interacting with in the community this year!

5yonb9

Like # people like this
Stan Gromer December 21, 2021

This is an awesome year in review post!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 21, 2021

@Andy Gladstone you win "best meme" 😆

It's been a truly outstanding year in the Atlassian Community! Thanks @Bridget for recapping it all for us.  And thank you to every single member and Atlassian and Leader and partner for being here!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 21, 2021

What a great year that I have had with all Community! I'm so glad about it. 🤩

Seriously, you made my days at work even better! I can't wait for 2022 and all the special moments and occasions that we're going to live on together! ❤️

And yes, this post is a gift to my heart. 🙏🏽

I wish you all a happy and lovely holiday! 😃

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

What a fantastic year filled with so many accomplishments in an otherwise yucky 12 months across the world. But the Atlassian Community was LIT and full of encouragement and adding hope as questions were answered, articles read, and LOTS of fun was shared all around. 

Thanks to everyone for playing your part and here's to an even better 2022!

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

I loved seeing the roundup come into my mailbox with my yearly totals! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Wow- some amazing stats to read! Well done everyone.

Like # people like this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2021

What an amazing wrap-up, so nice to see all this in one post!😃

Like # people like this
Mary W December 21, 2021

This was great for 2021. Loved the poem. It can only get bigger and better in 2022. :)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events