cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What new skill did you learn?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

Good Day everyone,

I hope you all are doing fine. For us who live in Fairfax county, it looks like we are in Virginia's Hot Spot 🥶

I keep browsing online, I am reading that while some people hate this stay-home so much, others are enjoying it by taking online classes, learning new skills, spending more time with their families playing board games,.....list goes one.

What are you doing guys when you are away from work? What a new skill did you learn? 

I miss my gym class, I am not into long walks as my allergies can get really bad. I am enhancing my painting skills that I will be more than happy to share with you. I will be attaching to this post my most recent entry level work.

You are more than welcome to grade my work 🤗

Stay safe everyone!

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua Painting.jpg

5 comments

Comment

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

@Debra Martin thanks for the like! 🤗

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

@Fadoua You are so talented, Fadoua! For me, I think it's been a balance between wanting to take advantage of extra time at home without putting too much pressure on myself because my brain is already processing so much all the time. I have signed up for a couple of virtual community conferences, though, because that felt like an easy way to learn something new and connect with other professionals who are facing similar challenges. 😄

Like • # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Thank you for sharing how you are taking advantage of this time at home @Erica Moss ! Thank you for grading my work! 😇

Stephanie Grice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 24, 2020

I’ve been working a lot in my garden and this year I decided to grow most of my herbs and veggies from seed (instead of buying little starter plants) ... starting them from seed requires a lot more time and TLC, and it’s also encouraged me to learn a lot about the plants I’m growing! 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Thanks @Stephanie Grice for "stoping by" to share your new skill! Please don't forget to share some pictures once you have some veggies.

I really would love to see them!

Like • Erica Moss likes this
Debra Martin May 22, 2020

Stephanie,

Same!  I planted them last weekend.  Some are doing fine, some - not so good.. lol.  It's interesting how some of my usual "flower" spaces are not taken up by cucumbers and squash!  Priorities, right?

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 24, 2020

Hi Fadoua! I love this topic! I re-learned how to sew, which was useful because I made face masks for myself and my husband. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but I'm always timid around the sewing machine - I always forget how to thread it and mess it up. but I watched a YouTube video that helped me thru the process step by step! I felt so proud of myself for overcoming that. 

IMG_1514.jpg

I've also been foraging! On our property I've found nettles, devils club, dock, and miner's lettuce.

IMG_1532.jpg

in late summer we'll get a ton of wild blackberries and raspberries, which is great because i'm almost out of jam!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Thanks @Mandy Ross for sharing your other skills beside being an Atlassian Team  Pro! Enjoy your Jam when you make it. Please share some pictures.

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
April 28, 2020

Those glasses are beautiful Fadoua!  I'm trying to build healthier habits by working up a daily sweat daily sweat at home. We bought a treadmill and some weights that I'm proud to say are actually being put to use! We've also committed to avoiding food waste by cooking all of our meals and using everything up before another groceries run :) 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2020

Thank you @Darline Auguste ! I will be sharing some others with different designs.

I like to cook time by time. Honestly we all are learning some good habits. In some way thanks to Corona 🤭!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events