cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Issues

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2019

Good evening all,

I am scratching my head at the moment. I don't have any topic to talk about today as my brain is tired.

I have been working on upgrades since 9:30 am. The one that took my time was Jira as I am not sure why when I upgraded to 8.0.3 everything went well until I switched the server.xml files. I added the one that has customizations.Jira won't start. I get an annoying error in Windows.

I checked so many pages. There is one that seemed similar to mine that Atlassian shared however the special characters they are talking about are already in my file. I am sure it is something minor but it is keeping me awake(it is not a Tomcat issue).

Hopefully I will have better topics by next week. Until then wishing you all a great week ahead.

Best,

Fadoua

scratching head.jpeg

3 comments

Comment

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Anyone faced this issue before?

Vlad November 7, 2019

What version of Jira did you upgrade from, what path to ?.?.? > 8.0.3 > 8.5.0

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2019

@Vlad  7.13.0 -> 8.0.3 -> 8.5.0 (nothing special about 8.0.3 I just like to upgrade to X.0 version before going to upper ones. it was the latest in the X.0 versions stable without major issues)

Vlad November 7, 2019

Ah, yeah I was going to do that as well, but then I was like, meh, let's roll the dice, Atlassian does not state that there should be a sequence, so why bother, just upgrade to 8.X from 7.6 and now on 8.5.1 :P

Ravi_P November 7, 2019

Can you attach the last few lines of catalina.out and atlassian-jira.log?

Like Fadoua likes this
Ravi_P November 7, 2019

Check the heap size setting, anti-virus, java version, and connectors in server.xml. If everything looks good, delete plugins/.bundled-plugins and plugins/.osgi-plugins directories from JIRA_HOME directory.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2019

@Ravi_P  Thanks for taking time to help! It was a silly reason. I added extra spaces on the file when I was adding the customizations related to cert path and ports.

I was able to start Jira yesterday after fixing it and upgraded to 8.5.0

I agree with you Catalina helped me in finding the issue more than the Atlassian-confluence.log file

Thanks again!

Best,

Fadoua

Ravi_P November 7, 2019

@Fadoua Congrats on successful troubleshooting and upgrading Jira to v8.5.0. This is my most favorite version ever.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events