Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugins Development

Good day everyone,

Let me know if the title sounds appealing to you so that I can find someone to give us basics about plugins development.

I already have a dear person to my heart in mind, a very skilled guy in the Atlassian World.

I will start with Jira, however Confluence is not out of the picture.

Share you thoughts please.

As always, your input is always important to us.

Best,

Fadoua

Plugins Dev.jpg

5 comments

Comment

JiBrok
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2021

Hi, are you talking about server versions? 

This is still a relevant and useful book: https://www.packtpub.com/product/jira-development-cookbook-third-edition/9781785885617

For Jira 8 changes are minimal.
For confluence, everything is similar, but differently :D

But after the book, it becomes clear what the plugin consists of and the Atlassian documentation becomes clearer.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@JiBrok Server yes since Datacenter is still around. 
I know there are limitations when it comes to Cloud.

Best,

Fadoua

JiBrok
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2021

Data center and server - in my experience, plugin implementations are generally the same. There were some small differences when working with caches and starting periodic tasks. But these points are well described in the documentation and api. Of course, there are other differences, but in practice I have not encountered them. 

Basic plugin writing assumes knowledge of Java. But it is possible to use any jvm languages. Or the creation of independent applications working through the REST API. It already depends on your level outside the Atlassian stack.

My path looked like this:

1. Java  
  2. ScriptRunner (Solving work tasks)
  3. Reading books and documentation to create plugins 
  4. Plugins (Solving work tasks)

Also a useful resource: Atlassian repository

ScriptRunner vs Plugins - This is a separate topic altogether :)

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@JiBrok  Reading your comment leads to the following question: will you be interested to present during our next NOVA ACE?

Best,

Fadoua

JiBrok
Marketplace Partner
January 19, 2021

Thank you! :D 

Perhaps I will use your suggestion later. Now, unfortunately, there is no way to hold such an event. :(

Now I hope I helped you a little.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events