Fun Confluence Templates

Chris Nicosia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2019

Hey Everyone - I'd love to get some ideas from the group on your favorite customized Confluence templates and/or blueprints!  Screenshots or links (if public) of the templates would be great.  I'm looking for some additional ideas to use building out knowledge spaces and team collaboration spaces so any idea is welcome! 

1 comment

Comment

Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Hi @Chris Nicosia!  I'm on the Confluence marketing team, nice to meet you! (warning this comment will be long, but hopefully helpful!)

For fun templates, you can take a look at these two posts and see if anything pops out, but definitely let me know if you have specific use cases in mind and I can try share some ideas:

For building out knowledge and team collaboration spaces, there are a ton of different ways you can go about this, and ultimately should be customized to how your team/company likes to work! I can share some Atlassian examples for how we do it:

Team collaboration - we did this in two different ways. Every team, so think confluence marketing team, jira marketing team, product analytics team, etc. has their own "team" space, where they basically house all of their work related to the team. So for my team space, we have project plans, campaign plans social plans, and then we also document strategy, quarterly goals, yearly roadmaps, etc. This way we keep everything related to the team and the work the whole team is doing in one place, using the page tree to organize based on type of work. On the Overview page for our team space, we link to each of our team members avatars so people can put a name to the faces of our team, and links to goals and objectives for the year and quarter. We also use to recently updated macro to highlight the work each team member is doing live. 

The second way you can set up team spaces is by project team. So if you have a super meaty and complex project, involving a lot of cross-functional teams, and requiring a lot of documentation, we make a project space for it and keep any and all documentation for it in that space. This gives a central place for a cross-functional project team to meet, work, and reference information related to the project.

Knowledge spaces - I think this largely depends on the type of "knowledge" you want to share and who it's for. But if we're building internal knowledge spaces I can share a bit on how we do it. For our teams that support the business (think HR, Legal, Finance, IT, etc.), many of them have built out knowledge spaces where we, the employees, can reference information. For example, our HR/People team has built out a People space that includes everything from benefits, policies, vacation days, perks, growth plans, etc., and used strictly for internal employees to go to when they have questions instead of bothering the HR team :). Our IT team has done the same, but their space for us includes thinks about software we use, software and hardware requests, and information on how to use different tools around the office. We use the expand macro (my favorite) a lot to help hide extra information so pages look clean and not too overwhelming, and if people want more detailed information they can expand the content and dive in.

I'm not sure if this is the right knowledge space you were referring to, but if not maybe you can apply it to your use case! Let me know if you have more questions! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events