Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a custom field from Single Select to Multi Select

Amy_Hall September 27, 2019

I would like guidance on the best way to do this for Jira cloud.  The project that I need to make this change in is not live yet so I could delete the field and recreate it.  But I have a bunch of portal forms and other schemes that reference this field.  I assume if I delete the field, I'll have to set all that up again.  I am hoping there's an easier way to do this.  Please let me know.  The project is set to go live on  Monday so I'm hoping someone can give guidance today.

1 comment

Comment

Deleted user September 29, 2019

There are two ways of doing this on Jira server - 1) create a multi select field and do bulk changes 2) change the field on the database after you take Jira offline.

Since you want to do this on Jira Cloud, you do not have access to the DB. You will have to create a multi-select field, perform bulk changes, test. Unfortunately, you will have to fix the schemes and Service Desk portal if the old field is used in them before deleting the old field.

Amy_Hall September 30, 2019

That's what I was afraid of.  Thanks anyway.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

@Amy_Hall When you need quick assistance, please post your question in the Atlassian Community. So many leaders are there to help.

I felt so bad that I missed your question, especially when you said you needed help because your project was going live on Monday.

Best,

Fadoua

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events