cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

Good day,

My apology this post should have been posted yesterday, let's blame it on the weather.

To achieve certain behavior with Atlassian Tools what is the one automation you created by either using an Add-on or creating your own script?

Please share with us as lot of Atlassian users enjoy to learn from others how they are using the tools.

2 comments

Comment

Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2018

Hi @Fadoua

Thank you for starting this thread.

How lovely is a instance that has been automated!!

Ours is a pretty large instance and hence the load of new project requests/On-boarding and access requests are pretty huge and getting caught up in that BAU will stop our focus on other fantastic admin activities.

So the instance has a script to automate all these activities. The automation creates projects and spaces + provides access to users on Projects + Off-boards and On-boards users.

Though it was all put in before I joined, it was pretty amazing to just have a look at all those scripts.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2018

@Vinu Glad you like the topic. Did you ever see the following post? That is how we do Access requests in my company.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Tips-from-a-Community-Champion-for-an-onboarding-workflow-in/ba-p/848663

Also can you please elaborate tittle bit more on the script that creates new projects for you.

All the best,

Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

Hi @Fadoua

Sorry I didnt get back quicker.

The first set up is to have a issuetype especailly to get projects/space created which captures the information around the project lead, key and project name and other criteria specific to our instance.

So how it works is, we have put the script on the server and the workflow calls the script when the Project request issues is transitioned.

The script written in groovy, calls up the rest api for confluence and creates the relevant space and builds project in Jira by copying the schemes from the project mentioned in while raising the project request.

Final touches to check all is fine and close the issue.

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2018

This is an excellent subject. We try to automate as much as we can.

We automate default Request Type based on Issue Type, If an approver comments "approve" transition the issue as if the button was clicked (needed when off network), assigning components to users based on AD group, escalating issues to a higher tier in a separate project, and that's just a few.

If post-functions fit into this category then I'm sure I have 101 more I could talk about.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2018

@Raynard Rhodes we will love to learn more from your expertise. Will you be interested to present in one of the NOVA meetups?

Please email me: fadoua.boualem@atlassianusergroup.com

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events