Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto mail handling question

Daniel DuBravec February 15, 2019

Hello  As gov. contractors, we have email addresses for both the company we work for and the gov. agency we do the work for. Example. My parent organizations email address is ddubravec@xxx.com but the location I am working and interacting with staff members is daniel.dubravec@xxxx.gov We are using JIRA at the location but users have their @XXX.com email address as part of the parent AD (which JIRA is using) so are currently using our @XXX.com . How can I have JIRA in the background re-route in the notification scheme, or some other method which identifys that ddubravec@xxx.com email notifications should actually be sent to daniel.a.dubravec@xxxx.gov instead. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.  

2 comments

Comment

Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

Hi Daniel,

I am not on the Jira team but I had a former life as a Consultant and came across this situation multiple times with various systems.

I am not aware of any way to do this within Jira.  Instead, I would recommend configuring some forwarding rules in your Organization's Email Server.  Any emails for ddubravec@xxx.com that are from the jira email address could be forwarded to daniel.a.dubravec@xxxx.gov

I hope that helps!

Like Daniel DuBravec likes this
Bill Tanner February 20, 2019

An easy way to do this in Outlook would be to set up a rule as follows:

1) Select new rule

2) Under "Start from blank rule" click on "Apply rule on message I receive"

3) Click Next

4) Check "with specific words in the subject"

5) Click on the "Specific words" blue hyperlink

6) Enter [CODE_JIRA] or whatever email prefix you have defined in you instance of Jira

7) Select either "forward it to people or public group" or "redirect it people or public group"

8) Enter the email address

9) follow prompts to finish the rule

Vlad February 18, 2019

The only simple way I set users up, since we do have contractors as well...and because JIRA has UserID and E-Mail as two separate entries is for the notifications to be setup to your daniel.a.dubravec@xxxx.gov while keeping the SSO as your contractor email. JIRA Admin for the org should be able to handle that.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events